What sort of discussions do you want to see within the Chrono community?

I would love to see more discussions around games and their strategies (especially ones like Dark Souls, where people can go at it in entirely different ways and succeed). I would like to be a more active poster as well like I used to be, but with a second child on the way and still being full time enrolled in studies, I just don’t have the time.

7 Likes

OK I’m just gonna dodge that ‘politics’ bullet if y’all don’t mind.

Now, about what I’d like to see discussed more:

As lightly commented on another threat by @Shalandir and suggested by OP, I’d really like some healthy competition about coins and things like that, like a meta game in the community – similar to what the old, senior, crippling regulars did with the streak deal.

Of course competition always has the potential to take a nasty turn, but I think we’ve done alright so far, as a community, to try it. Just my two cents. :blush:

I’d also like to see more of y’all talk about science. :comet::sunny::full_moon::star::earth_africa:

I also absolutely agree with:
  1. ’Book club for games or something [sic]’, as suggested by @Fraggles. Along the lines of what he suggested, I also think it would be important to add two event times for any given game whenever possible, to increase the chances of everyone joining.

Along those lines, I wish Steam would have a feature to group friends and check which games they all have in common, to find out the most popular games among us Chronies and more easily make that ‘book club’ selection.

If the idea gains traction, and she agrees to it, I think @delenn13 would be a great source of info on which games we have in common, since she’s always ‘in the know’ about people’s wishlists and so on – or so it seems to me. :blush:

1. Literature, as suggested by @Rhyagelle. I gotta be honest with you, @xist, that thread you made compiling music, movies AND books just ain’t doing it for me. It’s too messy. Anyone else feel like we should break it down? I mean not everyone here listens to music, watches movies or reads, which is more than alright. I think we could all benefit from a teensy tinesy bit of streamlining, as seen, for example, in the Newly Released Music Thread, by @TR3NT.

I don’t think there’s any harm in 'theme threads 'eventually boiling down to the same group of people – e.g.: music – as long as we have enough of these to keep everyone talking, somewhere. Not every thread is for everyone – thank goodness – and I don’t think that should be reason to discourage folk from created a niche thread. In fact, I think we don’t have enough of those.

Bonus Trivia:

@DownwardConcept, bro, “God and the world” (‘Deus e o mundo’) also exists in Portuguese! Lovely to know that. Although we generally use it like: “God and the world know that @Enki has the dankest memes.” :butterfly:

PS: Sorry about all the mentions and wordy words, I may have done a :poop: job at trying to keep my thoughts organized.

12 Likes

Forgot to say that. @Fraggles’ idea of a monthly game club would be great! It would bring some decent discussion, and could be fun to get together if it has some multiplayer aspects to it as well.

6 Likes

I agree, I don’t listen to music or watch movies very often, but I am a massive book fan and always have to have something to read.
It would be great to have some kind of book club/thread, I feel that I would actually go on that for some book opinions and conversations.

5 Likes

Well, @Nateninja21 I say go right ahead and create that thread if you wanna! :blush:

FYI I’m heading to bed and will be back tomorrow late-ish, so if you don’t feel like starting it by yourself, maybe you can PM me to discuss a few ideas?

I feel like @Rhyagelle and @xist could also help get this book club deal officially started, if they want to and have the time to, naturally.

BTW I’m a huge procrastinator – except when I’m in work mode – and perfectionist, hence why I’m not just up and doing this myself.

Also totally just remembered this:

@DownwardConcept remember that monthly theme deal we had (have?) on BLAEO? Think we could pull off something similar here on Chrono? :smile:

6 Likes

An other discussion thread that would be nice to have is about art, where people could share their drawings, paintings, digital art, photographs, etc. And people could ask for opinions or even ways to improve.

The World Through Your Eyes thread is kind of similar based on photos but i think this would have a wider variety of art form.

I don’t know how many of you would be interested in this or if this would be too much for one thread to handle, but i think it would be nice to see talented people sharing their work and talk about it with others! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Even though I’m a terrible artist, and haven’t tooken a decent picture in like a month, It would be cool to go on and see all you talented chronies, like @inferry posting drawings and pictures.

@coralinecastell I might go ahead and make a book thread, it’s just I’m not the best at keeping threads alive and moving.

7 Likes

I know a few others that do the same…Like @yoshirules, @YQMaoski, @persistnt, @wearyamoeba, @EyeQue and others that i can’t think of right at the moment!

I like the book Idea. I will get to my list soon… Just had to send out some encouragement first.

Movies…most are so bad any more I just wait for them to come to TV. I would be PO’ed if I spent the money for those outrageous tickets…

Music…More into the Classic Rock or oldies…50, 60, 70’s

I forgot…Please no politics…I try to avoid it as much as I can…:exploding_head:

5 Likes
5 Likes

When you start your threads, make sure you add tags so they can be found easier. You can add them through 'Edit" after the fact too.

2 Likes

I remembered I wanted to reply to you! :sweat_smile:

Yeah, I do remember the monthly themes and I bet we could pull it off easily, but I don’t know how many people would participate? Plus who’s gonna host them? I’m lazy (actually just not very interested in beating the backlog anymore, but being lazy is the shorter answer) that’s why I’m not involved in BLAEO anymore.

3 Likes

I’d love to see a thread for Chrony game devs to post their WIPs and whine about gamedev being hard. Surely we’ve got a few here!

7 Likes

We‘ve got game devs in the forum??? :open_mouth:

4 Likes

Aww~ I know I’m suuuuuuuper late and necroing this thread, but here, have a chibi Batman for your undeserved kind comment

that I totally didn’t make way back for that chibi tread and forgot about it… also I’m back… again.

Yes, we potentially do.

9 Likes

unnamed%20(2)

4 Likes

I%20ermm

2 Likes

What’s the first game that comes to your mind, when you have to name one that enriched or transformed your life in a positive way - and why?

5 Likes

Final Fantasy IX

• It literally forced me to learn English to be able to play it.
  • It was the first serious game I played, it made me realize that there was way more to games than what I was aware of at the time.
2 Likes

Unfortunately Dungeons & Dragons isn’t a video game but it is the first one that comes to mind…

Also, seems we should probably just make this a thread… it does seem like something that should be discussed in more detail…

Personally I think we should have a discussion about the BEST story that was told in only a single game (basically discuss the ways that games tell stories and how to best use the limited time that a single game affords, I would be personally interested in peoples opinions on how the elements in successful stories are different in different genera’s formats or even between single games or overarching series)

3 Likes

I think that’s what he was implying, I just… goofed out

3 Likes