What is your favorite game of all time?

There are many games that I really like, but my all time favourite must be Xenogears for the PS1, it has many flaws and development was unfortunately rushed towards the end, but it’s still one of the best J-RPGs ever, and for me it’s the best one.

Xenosaga 1-3 for the Ps2 has it’s moments, but the original for me remains the best one by far :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Pokemon Emerald. My first game ever, and will always be my all time favorite game.
Well, not only Pokemon Emerald, i also love Tales from The Borderlands. Amazing game!

7 Likes

Team Fortress 2. It’s the most fun you can have online.

5 Likes

Tough decision. This would be so much easier if it were “what are your top 5 favorite games of all-time.”

A number of people have already mentioned Dark Souls as their favorite game. I am tempted to declare this my favorite game as well, as it pretty much defined my life for an entire month back in 2011. I don’t typically finish games, but I explored every inch of Lordran and did every single thing there was to do in the game. I easily invested 80+ hours into it on multiple playthroughs.

Another game that I considered putting down as my all-time favorite is Grand Slam Tennis on Wii. This may seem like an odd choice, but I am a pretty big tennis fan. I played this game at least 3-4 nights per week between 2009-2010. The game had a small, but really great community. I met so many cool people in online matches, tournaments and on the EA GST forum. Finally breaking into the top 100 worldwide was one of the most rewarding moments in gaming for me. I can’t remember what my final ranking was, but it was hovering around the top 50. I don’t suppose there are any former GST players or fellow top 100 veterans here?

I guess if I had to name just one game as my all-time favorite, it would be Final Fantasy Tactics on the PS1. It was my first SRPG and, for a brief period in my youth, consumed my every waking thought. I spent an ungodly amount of time leveling up my characters to obtain new job classes and skills, trying to build the perfect party. I was devastated when one of my party members, that I invested so much time into, became my enemy and I had to fight him. I never felt such betrayal in a video game! The story really captivated me too, even though it is regarded as a poor translation. There were so many twists and turns and power struggles. Final Fantasy Tactics ignited my love for turn-based strategy games, which continues to this day with games like XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Invisible Inc, and the like.

So, long story short, my favorite game is probably Final Fantasy Tactics on PS1.

8 Likes

carmageddon

7 Likes

Crazy Taxi, preferably on the gamecube. Huge fan of Bad Religion, Offspring and dumb games.

7 Likes

while i honestly cant pick a number one favorite i would still have to say Doom 2, preferably modded with Brutal Doom but even without it is an outstanding game, a couple of others that spring to mind would be Mirrors Edge, Pocky & Rocky, Stardew Valley, Jet Set Radio and DDR

those are just a few though

7 Likes

It’s hard to pick just one… but the one great classic that never seems to get old for me is the original Deus Ex. I started a playthrough with the FREE Revision mod on steam. After finishing the original version of the game more than once, I think Revision mod changes things up enough to make it worth while to give it another playthrough. Especially if you already have the base game! Value so good I spill my drink!!

7 Likes

Tank trouble - Tank Trouble 4 - Play Now! - VeVe Games

5 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

7 Likes

For me there are just to many to pick from so i will only pick my top 4, which are:

1. Madden NFL 2009 played this game for years on the wii & loved playing it all the time.

2. Rollercoaster Tycoon for Original Xbox this game i probably dumped maybe a few hundred hours into it i remember waking up early on Saturdays and playing it almost all day long or when i was done with school for the day(I was Homeschooled) i would jump on and play it.

3. Euro Tuck Simulator 2 I’ve been playing it since it came out i remember playing the demo a thousand times before i saved up my money to buy it and dumping probably a hundred or so hours into it, then i used the game code that came with the psychical copy on steam and have over 380+ hours on it and i just love playing it and enjoying and learning about trucks while driving a very nice looking European truck.

4. APB:Reloaded i started playing it in March 2016 its i game i wanted to play before 2016 but couldn’t because of my old potato laptop but when i was able to get a desktop in 2016 i was able to play it and have been playing it ever since, APB is just Cop vs Crims game where each team has things to do when in missions like one team has to drop a package somewhere and the other team has to stop them but if they dont it will go to another point to drop or something going for around 6 rounds all in a somewhat open world and overall it’s just a fun game even tho there are some game play & community negatives to it it’s still fun.

6 Likes

My favorite is probably Gothic 2. There’s just something about that hand-crafted, dog-eat-dog world that you don’t find in other games

8 Likes

I’d have to go with Phantasy Star Online. It’s a shame that Sega can’t just “man up” and say that the Western version is cancelled.

7 Likes

I have to go with The Last of Us and then the Uncharted series, without even having played them; I merely watched playthroughs of them cuz dont have a PS, but i think those are the most amazing games overall production-wise.

10 Likes

good%20text

11 Likes

Mankind ill needs a savior such as you!
What is a man? (tinkle tinkle smash) A miserable little pile of secrets!

8 Likes

Oh Dracula, you angsty teenager.

6 Likes

I don’t think ads for gambling qualify.

10 Likes

I could never pick a favourite game 100%, because it’s always subjective with the times.

though it’s probably bluestinger, or sonic shuffle, or resident evil, or hogs of war, or nightmare creatues…

or dark souls, yeah at the moment it’s definitly that, then every dragonball game, at the same time.

6 Likes

great we get the “ads disguised” as new users :roll_eyes:
sigh… always happens at sometime eventually, seems they try to infest every place, no matter how innocent or small… gotta have dem advertisement/gamling/slot site links/clicks :man_facepalming:

wtb UN/geneva/Haag resolution that makes it legal, and puts an agency in place, to tactical nuke “those kinds” of business practice people/companies
@lonin @frst @dusty, better ready some bug spray, looks like there be termites and other maggots crawling unto the site

@delenn13/@PeteMcc do us a favour, and wipe that bug residue from the windshield, permanently

8 Likes