What are you reading, watching and/or listening to?

Anti-hotlinking: 1
Enki:0

It’s a tie.

5 Likes

I actually hate that, because you’ll never know when it’s not showing for others…

5 Likes

I’ve been playing Flogging Mollys “Life is Good” album way too much these last 2 months.

Such a good album!

As far as watching goes I’ve just been watching almost all airing anime like always. For the most part it makes me want to die but there are some good shows this season too.
ballroommasochist

8 Likes

I have been listening to everything Outkast and Red Hot Chili Peppers.

I’ve been attempting to trudge through the Dark Tower book 6 “Song of Susannah.” (I really disliked the 5th book and it put a bad taste in my mouth).

As for viewing pleasure, it has honestly been nothing. I’ve been watching 2 and 3 year old videos on YouTube, waiting for Netflix to add something that wasn’t greenlit before being pitched.

4 Likes

I’ve been recently watching South Park, which I hade never done, for some reason;

I’m reading Dante’s Inferno (because I’m just that much of a fancy intelectual, ludo-narrative dissonance, and such)

And I’ve recently been listening to alot of Jethro Tull, I would definetly recommend that to anyone.

5 Likes

reading…? :thinking:
i thought that foul sorcery was a long lost art today…
i’m not reading much (can never seem to get the time or “mood” to distract or immerse myself in a book these days unfortunately), last i read was a re-read of a “local guy”'s book called “Jord i hovedet”(dirt/soil in the head), that i love because it’s just silly

finished catching up and watching all Mr. Robot (finally)… and… i … i don’t know… it’s good… -real good, but i also think i might need to be on some meds at times the direction they “might” try to take this lol

for music, well, since i’ve been playing a shameful amount of GD i’ve been listening a lot to Jonathan Young and Caleb Hynes covers on repeat, because some of those songs just seem to go well with my mood/brain when playing
otherwise, my music is all over the place, and i rarely know what i’m listening to anyway lol

oh, and got around to finally watching War for the Planet of the Apes, great movie, even if it seems they might be “pushing it” a bit plot-wise at times.
-much better than Kingsman 2 for sure… damn and i really liked the first one… oh well.

6 Likes

Watching: Star Trek, South Park and The Simpsons.
Reading: Just finished Asimov’s Foundation trilogy and now I’m reading Bradbury’s The Martian Chronicles.

6 Likes

Watching: Lately, I’ve mostly been re-watching some of my favorite Black Mirror episodes (while waiting for the new season to appear on Netflix), along with some snooty British dramas on Amazon Prime, and the occasional old episode of Star Trek TNG.

Listening: I’ve been listening to a lot of Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros lately. A few weeks ago, I listened to every Beatles album, starting with Revolver (the best one :thinking:), which is something I feel compelled to do every few years.

Reading: Do audiobooks count? These days, I have more time to listen to books, while doing other things, than to actually sit down and read. I think the last book I read was Fresh Blends - which came with the Blendtec blender I purchased. The book I am currently listening to is something or other on mindfulness (but I’m usually distracted while listening :joy:)

Still playing this :smile:? Did you get the recently released Ashes of Malmouth expansion?

5 Likes

Yes. Because the audiobooks of The Martian and All You Need Is Kill are awesome. Podcasts can also count. That being the case Watch Out For Fireballs and Retronauts are both well worth your time.

6 Likes

There’a movie based on a book that tells the story behind The wall from Tommy Wiseau??? Why I didn’t heard about this before?!

5 Likes

Watching - The Irregular at Magic High School. The story is a bit cliche at times, but it has really nice animation and voice acting.
watch

Reading - The Swords of Night and Day by David Gemmell, a fantasy novel as part of his Drenai series. Highly recommend Gemmell for fantasy lovers.
swords

Listening - Fear Factory - Demanufacture. Back when metal was metal :smiley:
listen

Not sure which category this would go into, but when I am out for a stroll, I have been working on The Witcher audio books, which are magnificent. The stories expand the universe the games are set in, and Peter Kenny’s readings are top notch.
audiobook

8 Likes

I have a bunch of public playlists on Spotify that I constantly update, but for a monthly updated, “best-of-the-month” type playlist, here’s my “Monthly Jamz” playlist.

Every month I stock it with an hour of the best music from the past month. Give it a try! I’m into some edm, hip-hop, and alt indie stuff.

4 Likes

Yo Asimov is some good sci-fi. Never read the foundation trilogy, but I have read a few of his other books, and the worlds he imagines are well fleshed out and interesting.

Is this the book Edge of Tomorrow was based on?

Not sure if I am missing a joke about “The Wall” thing but yes, Greg Sistero (the guy who played Mark in The Room) wrote the book about how he was friends with Tommy before the film, how the film came about and the filming process. It has some particularly funny insights into why they shot with a green screen rooftop rather than using a real one, the ordeal in getting a good take for the famous “Oh Hai Mark” and the flowershop scenes and many other crazy things Wisseau did (including getting a toilet with no door and only a curtain blocking it plumbed into the set that only he could use despite there being a perfectly fine toilet already on the set a few meters away) .

The movie (also called The Disaster Artist) came out just a few weeks ago (or is just about to come out???) and stars James Franco, Dave Franco, Seth Rogen, Josh Hutcherson, Alison Brie and other well known actors, I haven’t seen it yet but reviews are positive. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3521126/

EDITING: because i am tired and realised i can put it all in one post and because my grammar is atrocious

5 Likes

It’s The room not The wall, my bad. Could even be The ceiling, or The floor, it’s hot garbage anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Reading

• H.P. Lovecraft works
  • Willian Shakespeare’s Star Wars series

Watching

• Entire Disney filmography

Listening

• Same old stuff, OST’s plus some songs that I happen to like.
3 Likes

I actually normally stay away from film and TV, but today I saw the justice league movie, and without spoiling much I would say its very recommended ya’ll go watch it, Jason momoa is very sexy man he make me go NNNFFF in the movie theatre…

Im off track now.

Jason momoa…

mmmmmmmmmmmmomoa…

AH

HI

um

justice league good, it was very well directed, STILL DEVIATED FROM THE COMICS so perfectionists stay away, they mucked it up a little bit but the original method umm took too long xD they rushed it. weirdly, it just felt out of place, like they were making a Ras al gul and stopped it.

4 Likes

Haven’t seen it but I’m surprised to hear you say it was well directed given that it had two directors with very different styles.

100% agree on Momoa, he and Gal’s Wonder Woman are the reason I’ll watch it eventually.

5 Likes

For me Justice League was average, it wasn’t bad, it just felt a little disjointed and very rushed. I am glad they put a bit more humor in and the acting was fine (as good as Jason Mamoa is I am not so sure about the surfer bro personality he puts on half the time). But yeah, things just happen and happen real quick, I wish they had spent some more time developing the characters a bit more (especially the new ones that haven’t had their own movie) and that there was a bit more conflict within the group as I felt when that helped with a bit of character development and finding their feet as a group. It was better than some of the DC movies that have been out recently but I feel they have more room to improve. I must say I enjoyed Thor Ragnarok more that Justice League.

4 Likes

Yes - as usual it bears a superficial likeness to the film. Like the Martian it’s a first person narration.

3 Likes

:blush: yes, and yes i did :blush: (and it’s sooo good that expansion, imo)

4 Likes