Back to Today's Deal

We Need To Go Deeper - 3/8/18 - $5

Today’s deal is We Need To Go Deeper!

game-og-image

Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/307110/We_Need_To_Go_Deeper/

Description:

1920’S CLASSIFIED AD

Come one, come all, and join us on an unforgettable journey of exploration and discovery! If you haven’t been living under a rock for the past few months, you’ve probably heard SOMEONE on the radio talking about “The Living Infinite,” a deep and ever-changing sea trench that holds untold treasures, and at least one great mystery, on the way to the unseen bottom. Regular people like you and I have been leaving our boring day jobs, doing nice era-appropriate things like losing money in the stock market and eating lunch out on the unfinished steel skeleton of a towering skyscraper, to go explore the abyss, and now it’s time for you to join us out there!

And listen, we realize throwing your life away to drive a flimsy four-person submarine into a famously deep underwater trench probably ISN’T how you expected your life to be going right now, but don’t worry, if you’re scared to pull the trigger, just do what we always do in the 20’s: pretend we can’t get access to alcohol while getting wasted at work! Then you’ll be ready to drop FIVE WHOLE DOLLARS on a one-way ticket to becoming a famous ocean explorer, AND you’ll be so sloshed, you won’t even stop to think about it!

So please, don’t think of the dangers! Think of the riches! It’s the Jazz Age! Jules Verne is basically our Tolkien! So let’s suit up in a tweed sweater, some goggles, and a fishing pole, and let’s all crew a submarine together until we’re rich or we’re dead! If you’re not happier with us than you were when you found out the Great War was just the beginning, we’ll eat our hat! Come co-operate on a submarine TODAY!

The official trailer for We Need To Go Deeper:

Our favorite Steam reviews:

As always, use this thread to discuss the deal, talk about the game, and find people to play with.

Has anyone in the community bought and played it yet? First opinions? Worth the price? etc. Looks like a cool game to me. I love rougelikes, they keep you on your toes, keep a game fresh. :slight_smile:

This looks like a fantastic game!

Reminds me of Jules Verne, one of my long-time favorite authors.

“The sea is everything. It covers seven tenths of the terrestrial globe. Its breath is pure and healthy. It is an immense desert, where man is never lonely, for he feels life stirring on all sides. The sea is only the embodiment of a supernatural and wonderful existence. It is nothing but love and emotion; it is the Living Infinite.”
― Jules Verne, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea

EDIT: wink wink in case anyone doesn’t get that’s where the quote is from and that I’m adding the source and thus, acknowledging the fact.

If you decide you like this or want to check out a similar free game with deeper mechanics to see if you would like this sort of style, I recommend checking out Barotrauma by Undertow Games.

I have had my eye on this thing since the “Daily Deal”. Like usual, I followed it. I got notifications at least every 2 weeks or more of updates. I got this yesterday…

SEE THAT>>>>>>>>“For the next 48 hours, we’re running a sale at 50% OFF! This is quite literally THE cheapest the game will be for a long, long time since we’ll be raising the base price once we leave Early Access on August 1st, so now is the time to act!”

And I have been thinking…:thinking:

And thinking…and even more thinking…:thinking: :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

And now I have about 42 hrs to think…