A VISIT FROM ST. CHRONICHOLAS
’Twas the night before the night before Christmas, when all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse;
The stockings were hung by the polka dot chaise,
In hopes that St. Nicholas would be there in two days;
The children were nestled all snug in their beds;
While visions of video games danced in their heads;
And mamma in her 'kerchief, and I full of stress,
Had just settled our brains for waking up tomorrow and dealing with a bunch of Christmas BS,
When a loud sound rang out from down in the street,
I sprang from my bed to see if I should call the police.
Away to the window I flew like The Flash from the recent film Justice League,
Tore open the shutters and threw up the sash.
The moon on the breast of the new-fallen snow,
Gave a lustre of midday to object below,
When what to my wondering eyes did appear,
But a smallish computer that led me straight here,
To a small game deals website so lively and quick,
Like an everyday purple and yellow version of St. Nick.
Much cheaper than retail, the deal when it came,
And it whistled, and shouted, and announced today’s game:
“A magical version of the second world war!
It’s twenty-five bucks for Valkyria Chronicles 4!
To the top of the porch! to the top of the wall!
Now dash away! dash away! dash away all!”

The official trailer for Valkyria Chronicles 4:

Our favorite Steam reviews:

As always, use this thread to discuss the deal, talk about the game, and find people to play with.

i do believe i’m sniffing a Sega theme coming from the kitchen this week :wink:

Is it just me, or does clicking on either option not show you a list of included/excluded countries like it says it should?

I’m assuming that I need the EU version in the UK, but IIRC past Chrono sales have automatically highlighted the EU one when I visit, whereas today’s defaults to highlighting the ROW version. I play video games to get AWAY from politics, I don’t want to have to fret about whether or not I’m in Europe any more than I already have to.

I’m starting to discern a theme here…

maybe u should consider changing yr living environment then; i mean, is yr dad a senator or something that u r so surrounded by politics 24/7?

isn’t it ironic that the only 2 ppl who have reminded me of politics on this site here these past months are those saying they don’t want anything game- or chrono-related reminding them of it?

on a side note, i do see u r new here, so i welcome u, there’s a great community here (some more outspoken than others, ehum), lots of giveaways too, so do stick around, just watch out for the gnomes; some of them might bite yr ankles

u will always be “in Europe” btw, unless your island suddenly floats away or something, and as for the EU, meh, who knows how long that idea can rly last anyway; if u take a sec to think about it, u’ll realize that we’re already FAR FAR AWAY from what was originally envisioned, and u can see where the wind is blowing from in many countries too nowadays (but that’s a subject we don’t rly want to get into, don’t we?)

definitely not just you, just noticed it doesn’t display the list for me now either
(that said i don’t think i can immediately recall a region lock where UK wasn’t part of EU, given it’s more about geographical location than the political commune)

but maybe @lonin or @frst can sort out the missing country list just so people don’t have further doubts or worries

There definitely should be a list of countries, apologies, looking into this!

Nice