User tutorial

Thank you @frst! Much needed for my eyes, but I keep forgetting to bring it up.

Oh and speaking of the tutorial, I think the bit about teaching how to like a post should be revised to show a coin emote instead of a heart emote (no idea how to add a coin emote to the database though, but you could use moneybags or DVD emotes I guess). It may confuse newcomers that the like button is no longer a heart icon.

4 Likes

Same, I might try to make a skin myself.

7 Likes

I was around before the coin-like and the heart emote confused me :'D

…On a related note, I still worry that the like-coin might be confusing and make people think it actually gives you coins. Maybe a heart-shaped coin would be better? Or a golden coin with a red heart on it?

10 Likes

I really like the golden coin with a red heart idea. That would work very well.

4 Likes

Let me take a look at the visited color. A lot of what exists is their default dark skin but I’m happy to make modifications as people find issues :slight_smile:

Ooo, I might steal that idea.

Edit: I’ve gone ahead and reduced the brightness of the visited link color by ~12% so that should create a more noticeable difference without making it hard to read the title against the background.

8 Likes

I always look at the “New” and “Unread” tabs, so I am keeping things in check. I usually prefer the dark themes in any site, the bright monitors just hurt my eyes, especially when it is dark outside/around.

5 Likes

This looks really great now, thanks.

5 Likes

The new link colours look good!
Feel free to use the coin I made if you wish. Or not :smiley:

8 Likes

It is done. Thank you for the idea and asset!

10 Likes

@frst, you rock, for being so on top of things! I ran out of the ability to click on the new shiny heart coins for the day, so I will have to wait a while…

5 Likes

Coin + Heart = the best of both worlds. :+1: @eishiya

Now how long before @PeteMcc notices the change and gets a billion likes :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11 Likes

Thanks for implementing the changes @frst ! I didn’t expect the heart coins to be added so quickly, but it’s a welcome change! Good job @eishiya !

4 Likes

is it wrong that @eishiya’s heart coin reminds me of candy and i want to eat it? :thinking: :yum:

11 Likes

I currently know how to do the following things:

@discobot start new user

Starts one of the following interactive narratives: new user, advanced user.

@discobot roll 2d6

:game_die: 3, 6

@discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you — Princess Diana

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: You may rely on it

4 Likes