Back to Today's Deal

ULTIMATE MARVEL VS. CAPCOM 3 - 12/31/18 - $9.50

Happy New Year’s Eve!

Today’s deal is ULTIMATE MARVEL VS. CAPCOM 3!

Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/357190/ULTIMATE_MARVEL_VS_CAPCOM_3/

Description:

OF ULTIMATE DESTINY

Folks, lemme tell you: if you’re looking for a daily game deal website that is consistently and rigorously looking for ways to parallel whatever holidays may or may not be happening on the calendar, look no further, for today, I, Alexander Louis Faciane, the copywriter of this glorious website from jump street, will show you why Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3 is the most timely and poetically resonant possible choice for a game to sell on the very last day of 2018, a year which most of agree was pretty touch and go for a while there.

First of all, the word “ultimate”. This alone is a huge zinger that justifies the whole choice but just in case it’s sailing over your naive little new year’s baby head, the Oxford English Dictionary defines “ultimate” as “Being or happening at the end of a process; final.” Let that sink in, and then think about what day it is again. Boom. That revelation alone was better than the whole game of Resident Evil 6.

Next, let’s remember that Spider-Man is in this game. This is win number 2. Everybody’s crazy about that new cartoon movie with IRL Spider-Pig (I know his name is Spider-Ham, but remember the Simpsons?) and weird Spider-Nicolas Cage, and that dope new game is a PS4 exclusive, so to us, this is the next best thing, and honestly, if I’m the judge, playing two rounds as Spider-Man in UMVC3 is more fun than paying to watch Thor 2.

Now, I know a lot of you are probably thinking “what about the sequel, Marvel VS Capcom: Infinite?”, and lemme tell you, I absolutely did not forget about it, it’s just that this is the absolute best part, which is that sometimes, the most recent thing that happened doesn’t define us, and that sometimes, remembering what was good about the past can inform the future, and I’d make another joke about a bad Marvel movie here (Iron Man 2), but really I was talking about this year in general, and how we need to remember that it’s been good before, and it can be good again.

Happy 2019 from Chrono.gg!

The official trailer for ULTIMATE MARVEL VS. CAPCOM 3:

Our favorite Steam reviews:

As always, use this thread to discuss the deal, talk about the game, and find people to play with.