Town Of Salem had Data Breach-Change Passwords

Here’s a copy of the email you should get if you were affected:

"If you’ve previously created an account with BlankMedia Games for the game Town of Salem your account details have been hacked from their servers and you are advised to change your password. You should receive an email soon if not already, which reads:

NOTIFICATION OF DATA BREACH

We value your business and respect the privacy of your information, which is why, as a precautionary measure, we are writing to let you know about a data security incident that may involve your personal information. Between December 23rd and December 25th 2018, hackers created a backdoor into our database and used it to download player information. We learned about this incident the night of January 1st.

The data accessed may have included personal information such as your email, encrypted password, Town of Salem username, IP address, game activity information (games played, etc), and forum activity. The data accessed did not include any payment information. BlankMediaGames does not handle payments and does not have access to your credit card information, paypal information, Steam payment information, or mobile payment information at any point.

We value your privacy and deeply regret that this incident occurred. We are conducting a thorough review of the potentially affected systems, and will notify you if there are any significant developments.

We have implemented additional security measures designed to prevent a recurrence of such an attack, and to protect the privacy of your valued information. The company also is working closely with law enforcement to ensure the incident is properly addressed.

In order to ensure you are not affected by this incident, please make sure to change your Town of Salem account password here.

IMPORTANT: You should also change the password for any service (email, banks, other games, etc) that used the same password as your Town of Salem password.

For further information and assistance, please contact our customer service at info@blankmediagames.com."

10 Likes

So who are we going to burn at the stake for this then?

14 Likes

Who knows, anyone could be at fault, haven’t you played their game?

9 Likes

Was actually playing this yesterday after a long absence and I didn’t realize this. Thanks for bringing it up.

6 Likes

Anyone who weighs the same as a duck?

8 Likes

But only because ducks are made of wood.

4 Likes

And therefore…?

4 Likes

oh no

4 Likes

Their email about the breach was kinda late.
Good thing haveibeenpwned exists

3 Likes

I know people who play this game. Better make sure they know about this. Sheesh. This is terrible.

lol

4 Likes

"i don’t know how :thinking: but i’m sure we can find someway, -to make this EA’s fault" :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
:rofl:

7 Likes

Well, i changed my password but for all i know, i changed back to the same one. :confused:

3 Likes

Thanks for letting me know. It’s probably the same people that were spamming the game with all the spam bots and such.

TOS is up against a group of it seems like more than 20 people set out to destroy and annoy in every way.

3 Likes

No way! These guys are back?

2 Likes

Witches are made of wood!

3 Likes