Back to Today's Deal

This War of Mine + Father's Promise DLC - 11/19/18 - $6

Today’s deal is This War of Mine + Father’s Promise DLC!

game-og-image

Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/282070/This_War_of_Mine/

Description:

WAR AND ICE CREAM

To us, the weirdest thing about video games is how there are still people out there with the impression that, based on the fact that they have the word “game” in the title, that they’re just for kids and people who haven’t let go of their childhoods. We’re not sure there’s ever been a time we’d have agreed with that since video gaming was invented; that’d be like saying ice cream or candy is for kids only just because so many of them love eating sugary stuff, but today, we figured since This War of Mine is on sale for six bucks, it would be a great example of what we’re talking about.

This War of Mine is not only a game for grown-ups, but also one you might not want to let a young kid play, unless you want to expose them very early to the blurred moral lines and extreme brutality of living in an active war zone, and the type of cold efficient decision-making it takes to survive there. Using the ice cream analogy from earlier, this game isn’t so much rocky road as it is one of those fancy gourmet ice cream flavors people wait in line for to post pictures on Instagram, like olive oil or black pepper.

And we know what you’re thinking: is it really time to talk about ice cream when you’re selling a game about civilians in besieged wartorn cities trying to survive? Maybe yes, maybe no, but our point is that this is a serious game for people who want to have a serious experience, and that games are just as good at doing that as any book or movie if you leave your mind open to it.

Also, we forgot to mention that this bundle also includes the first Stories DLC, The Father’s Promise. We’re not sure we want to find out what his promise is til we’re alone though, ‘cause it sounds like it’s gonna be a pretty sad one. In fact, we’re probably just gonna go get some ice cream.

The official trailer for This War of Mine: Stories - Father’s Promise:

Our favorite Steam reviews:

As always, use this thread to discuss the deal, talk about the game, and find people to play with.

This is an absolutely amazing game but the deal is very much lackluster. You’ll probably be able to get it for less than that during Steam’s autumn sale this week… Could’ve at least included the new DLC they just released

That being said, the game is worth every penny