The "rando talks/rant/glee about 'a game'" Thread šŸ˜„

No, but Ima buy it when it goes it on sale.

2 Likes

try practice rolling some, less stamina drain, +iframes :+1:
(can be easier said than done depending on the enemy, moveset, situation, +sometimes blocking just works best/easier)

3 Likes

I think you might gain a lot by watching this video, Donā€™t watch anything else by him until you complete the game though!

heā€™s a lore guy primarily so watch out! wee woo spoiler alarm

1 Like

The lore for Dark Souls is beautiful to me but the game was so brutal that I just couldnā€™t play it. I wasnā€™t freaked out too much by it that I couldnā€™t play it, oh no, just that it was too difficult and I just kept dying passed a certain point. I asked my friend why there wasnā€™t an option in the menu for simple cheat codes and he just laughed. To this day, I have not beaten the first or second game (third one is easier so I have done it by a miracle).

Iā€™m not ashamed to admit I would have gladly accepted some health help from the game. I was invested in the story, mang, not the game using me as a punching bag. :rofl:

2 Likes

Didnā€™t you ever see any player summon signs? they could have helped with the bosses.

failing that NPC characters help you even in DS1. DS2ā€™s whole NPCs storylines are based on using them as summons to defeat certain bosses.

Jolly cooperation is advised, become grossly incandescent etc.

3 Likes

where = were (but shouldnā€™t that be ā€˜isā€™?)

1 Like

I didnā€™t get very far in 1 or 2, so nope, didnā€™t notice them, but I did notice the summon signs in 3 and tried to use them, but the connection was very faulty for me so I didnā€™t use them as much as I wanted to. Though the game itself was rather easy compared to the last two so thereā€™s that.

1 Like

i know the difference between were and where :wink: itā€™s a regular typo i make among other
canā€™t speak for the tense, sense iā€™m referring to something ā€œin the pastā€, even tho whatā€™s being conveyed could be transferred to the future :thinking: :man_shrugging:
-iā€™m not an english or grammar expert enough to make that distinction to say so :wink:, but i donā€™t really care about it that much either :smile:

3 Likes

since

y, the thing is, if it were in the past, it would be ā€˜wasā€™ because itā€™s singular; the only reason to use ā€˜wereā€™ would be if it was a conditional sentence (so not because of the tense actually) or if it was plural, Iā€™m pretty sure it should be ā€˜isā€™, because the game still ā€˜isā€™ fantastic in the present

ok Iā€™ll stop now; pretty sure iā€™m annoying at least some ppl right now :wink:

2 Likes

Another game I really want to ramble about (feel free to ask about it and Iā€™ll try my best to reply (though itā€™ll be tomorrow 'cause I gotta go hehe)!):

Regions of Ruin

I bought it in early access and I was (am) immediately impressed with it. The developer just kept releasing update after update, and not only that, the dev actually asked customers what they wanted and implemented suggestions. I personally asked for something and they put it in there. They care about this game, and I just love it so much and I honestly did not expect it.

You take on the role of this awesome little dwarf looking to unite his race and build a place (settlement!) for them above ground, retaking it back from enemies like goblins and other heinous ilk. It is a side scroller and you can customize your dwarfā€™s gear and skills, but probably the most interesting aspect I thought was how you travel the world map;

https://imgur.com/XBXcYji

(could be a large image! Leaving it as a link)

It eats up resources to travel your map, which you can search for yourself on the map and have your settlers search for through the management window. There are puzzles (that can be really tough lol), NPCs (with quests), epic treasures, looting system and more and actual lore inspired by games like Dwarf Fortress which you can learn and collect throughout the game (wonā€™t spoil it).

The graphics arenā€™t super complicated like you see with a lot of new sprite based games (like Kingdom: New Lands or Sheltered), but they fall in that quirky range that I myself really love and reminds me of those older console days.

https://imgur.com/5jwjmQ0
(thatā€™s my dwarf from a while ago. Heā€™s called Sigi and heā€™s a badass)

The music is also really cool, really reminds me of Mount & Blade and gets me attached to the world when Iā€™m playing. It is harder to describe audio to you guys, so Iā€™ll leave it there and skip to the fact that the devs recently pushed out free DLC for it because they are just that awesome.

I was hesitated when I first bought it myself, because there were hardly any reviews, it was early access, $8 and I only had $20 to spend and I was a new Steam goer myself, but the moment I stepped into the gameā€™s world, I was hooked. Sigi and I went out and saved so many dwarves, and weā€™re still going as we keep getting content updates and wait for more.

If you read the reviews on the siteā€¦you can see that people love this game and if you give it a shot, you will understand why! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

So Iā€™m thinking about purchasing this small indie title I just found in my Steam discovery queueā€¦itā€™s called Hollow Knight, anyone heard of it? :poop:

Okay, joking aside, I went through 3 discovery queues for free cards today and all 3 were jam packed (Iā€™m talking like 90%+) with FPS games of which I do not like, I do not pay for, and Iā€™ve only enjoyed a couple over the years and they were not very standard FPS FPSs. So yeah, apparently me installing Quake Champions during E3 free promo last week and playing a couple games of it here and there to get a feel for where theyā€™re taking the franchiseā€¦that triggered Valve algorithms into thinking that now, after 3 decades of non-FPS gaming, I suddenly love FPSs. :rofl::thinking: #TheyTried

5 Likes

Quite frankly, I think their system is broken or something; one of the games in my discovery queue literally said that it was being suggested to me because ā€œbecause it is has positive steam reviews,ā€ a second one ā€œbecause it is popular,ā€ a third one ā€œjust to see if you might be interested;ā€ srsly? like, wtf Valve!

and they need proofreaders too: one says, ā€œbecause it is has a high metacritic scoreā€

7 Likes

I just found my least favorite place in Hollow Knightā€“Royal Waterwaysā€¦ Just got destroyed twice by the same set of enemies, and lost all of my Geoā€¦ :angry: :cry:

I am going to leave this area alone for a while, go explore elsewhereā€¦ Plus those enemies there make the stupidest soundsā€¦ Me no like!

4 Likes

uhh dat place has some nice shinies :astonished:
but yea some of the monsters are a bit ā€œiā€™ll kill youā€'ish
depending on ā€œwhat youā€™ve gotā€ of upgrades etc, it might potentially be worth the effort to push through and explore, -but, huge caveat, as i learned, the very very hard way, if not having ā€œsomeā€/certain upgrades, it can be an utter and total right pain in the buttā€¦ omg i fā€™d up so bad the first time i got there ā€œearlyā€ lol,
fortunately a couple of the bosses there were less cumbersome than the otherwise general area, and like mentioned some neat rewards here and thereā€¦ but oh boyā€¦ iā€™d probably at least suggest a nail upgrade, and making sure you can jump ā€œhigh enoughā€, to get back up ā€œoutā€ again lol :smile:

4 Likes

Yep, my discovery queue feels completely broken at the moment too - Iā€™m getting a load of RPGMaker tat and anime stuff. At least it makes getting through them fast.

The Queenā€™s Gardens trumped that for me big timeā€¦I actually didnā€™t find the Waterways too bad but I lost a load of Geo in the gardens. Do as Gnuffi suggests and upgrade your nail a little and then youā€™ll stand a much better chance.

2 Likes

apparently size does matter, lol

4 Likes

also can u guys stop talking about Hollow Knight till i finish Ori? lol, u guys make me feel guilty

3 Likes

hehe yea, the dmg output/difference with some upgrades, spells or charms is insane! :open_mouth: :dizzy_face:
like, i even began to start slacking so much because i just tore through some enemies, so once i got to another higher/harder area where things then evened back out a bit, i got so many stupid deaths from just being lazy or cocky with my big, huge, hard and twisted nail :smile:

3 Likes

3 Likes

I am going to go explore a bit more and see if I can find out what you mean by thatā€¦ :slight_smile:

I found two bossesā€¦ both killed meā€¦ but I actually got killed by the regular creatures on the floor.

I think I need some better upgradesā€¦

I have yet to go to the Gardensā€¦ I will be sure to revisit this area later.

Currently I have 3 bosses I canā€™t get pastā€¦ lolā€¦ Two here and one in the crystal peakā€¦ But given how open the world is, I am sure I can just keep going elsewhere, and come back to them later.

I have upgraded it onceā€¦ I should have just gone back out and bank my geo when discovering a new area, but I pressed forward because it was too far to the nearest stag stationā€¦ Fortunately mining Geo is a lot easier now compared to before, when they dropped 2-3 in the beginning. (I lost about 2000 this time.) Only have about 1000 in the bank I thinkā€¦

I want some more nice shinies!

I wonder how long itā€™s going to take for me to actually explore this world in its entiretyā€¦

Actually speaking of further exploration, I had abandoned DeepNest after the first time I went there, maybe itā€™s time to revisitā€¦

2 Likes