The Gift of Giving: A New Chrono.gg Giveaway Raffle Series

Was going to say the same thing myself, good idea.

7 Likes

So just to be clear to enter (example) it would be

@Madway 7 0 7 0 1

Assuming I want 7 for game 1 and 3, but only 1 into game 5?

Pretty interesting system, I like it actually, but yeah, change the games to have letter identifiers instead of numbers.

11 Likes

So how do we actaully enter? Are we posting what we want to enter for here, then you copy it into the RNG? I understand the @name 0 0 0 0 0 but where do we put it?

8 Likes

In the giveaway thread whenever it gets posted I would assume.

8 Likes

Y’all I thought we learned we can only mention 10 chronies per post! A girl’s gotta save her heap-load of mentions for emergency situations.

Lessons have been learned today. RIP innocence, good while it lasted, March 26th 2019.

(in all seriousness though @Halcypher, @PeteMcc, @LordAo AND >EVERYONE ELSE< who has a Regular, Community Leader or Moderator titles is pretty much one A+ trustworthy nugget. I wouldn’t trust slots who once claimed to want a permanent “Basic” title, though. Just look out for @Enki’s hug of death.)

13 Likes

The first raffle is live!

Best of luck to all entrants :four_leaf_clover:

8 Likes

You got it. You’re now ready for the real thing! :clap:

6 Likes

Thankfully it’s not sloths.

10 Likes

Haha, how did you not see that coming?
:slight_smile:

8 Likes

Ahh awesome!, also cool code I will have an examine ;p

6 Likes

We have slots here. And let me tell ya…I NEVER win. They are fixed…I tells ya!!! NEVER trust! :thinking:

7 Likes

I really didn’t think it’d be quite as bad as it turned out and the giveaway has only ran for a day so far. @ohko I would recommend not being lenient here, don’t shoulder all the extra work of retyping all the erroneous entries yourself. Just disqualify every entry that remains wrong at the time of the closure. But maybe that’s just the curmudgeon in me speaking, it’s up to you of course.

You explained how one should go about entering the raffle very well in my opinion, by no means could the fault of this mess possibly be laid at your feet. I’d reward those who can follow instructions and took their time reading your post with a less crowded raffle.

13 Likes

100% concur

7 Likes

Me neither, the capacity people have to mess this up is truly astounding!

I might mutter about the attention span and comprehension skills of Millenials / Gen Z etc. But it’s probably best I stop there, before I go full ‘grumpy old man’. (I’m not even 40 yet!)

On the plus side: I’m still enjoying checking the thread to see how people totally balls it up.

I’m about to go to bed and am hoping for some more amusing entries tomorrow.

6 Likes

OMG these two agreed on something.

Everyone! Hold your pigs down before they take flight.

just messing with you two ofc

11 Likes

i mean, people have managed to mess up entries in super simple giveaways around here, so i’m not that surprised it happened tbh

Also, super welcome @ohko
i feel like you are truly deserving of a "Good Guy Greg"meme, but wouldn’t have you take it the wrong way, so let me just say it like this

“joins new community”
“first (multiple) posts is giving away free stuff”
:smirk::+1:

:trophy:
warms this grumpy gnome’s cold chest thimble when nice people like you are so generous and sharing one’s stuff with people :blush:
hope you stick around for other/more random chrono antics :hugs:

9 Likes

LET ME IN! I assume you know a bit of pogramming, no?

4 Likes

:blush: I actually blushed, @Gnuffi. It feels good to be a part of a community where everyone can be a steward.

The first raffle is live. I know a bit of programming, yeah. I was thinking about making an entry form that simplifies and validates the ticket allocations. The source code for the raffle prototype is available here :space_invader:

EDIT 1: I’ve just been introduced to @discobot, and that might be the perfect way to integrate the raffle with the community boards. I’ll take a look at what’s possible as time permits.

EDIT 2: @blavionlufaine the updated raffle program is now fitted with a PRNG and the results are now powered by a discobot dice roll of 8d16 (32 bits). For more explanation and the updated source code, please see this post.

10 Likes

:flushed: ouf… was that mine? :grimacing: i really hope i’ve made amends since then, when if i failed to update the entry date in time back then :disappointed:

8 Likes

No hard feelings to @delenn13 and @Gnuffi. You set your own rules, and at the time I wasn’t even sure if I was around to stay.

We can’t partake in everything, that’s life.

8 Likes