Back to Today's Deal

The Coma 2: Vicious Sisters - 6/11/20 - $10

Today’s deal is The Coma 2: Vicious Sisters!

Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1045720/The_Coma_2_Vicious_Sisters/

Description:

THE COMMA

Horror is a funny thing, isn’t it? For years, children across the planet were up staring at their closets in the night, just absolutely PRAYING that an eight foot tall smiling bear wouldn’t crush their bodies against the bony metal frames of its fellow animatronic animal friends. They still are. One time I played a video game where a giant cymbal monkey toy chased me through a maze like Pac-Man. One time I played a game where a nun chased me through an abandoned PS1 boarding school with a drill.

But now, horror comes from a place even MORE mindblowing than any of those cheap parlor tricks: language itself. Picture if you will…a basic…English sentence. A couple familiar words…nouns, verbs, adjectives…the works. And you’re just reading right along, minding your own business when all of a sudden…boom! A…comma! The deadly pause that’s not QUITE as harsh as a period! A stealthy killer that no one sees coming, especially in poetry. Set in chilly Oxford, this game…huh? What? Oh, so it’s…yeah, okay. Not…yeah. Just the ONE “m”. Got it. Got it.

Okay so apparently this game is actually some kind of Korean horror adventure about a girl pushed to the very edge as she confronts unearthly forces and fights for her own survival in a warped version of the reality she once knew. Hmm. Well, I mean, yeah, now that I know, it DOES seem like a pretty weird idea. How would you even encounter the comma? Like, cutscenes of yourself reading books? What the hell was I thinking?

The official trailer for The Coma 2: Vicious Sisters:

Our favorite Steam reviews:

As always, use this thread to discuss this deal, talk about the game and find other people to play with!
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

It is the comma forgotten that I find horrifying. It matches the sentence written in all caps for sheer awe inspiring fear.

This one I know of, but not dabbled into the first game, not absolute sure if I would. Still love the intro as it’s accurate as heck. How often, do you look at a set of words, only to realise when reading them back, that you’ve allow the comma to coax your pace, your processing and understanding, so insidiously, you don’t even catch yourself and break out of its spell, before the blessed ending fullstop?

Think on these … things.

Hm.

I hope they’ll give the protagonist from the first game a cameo so we can see his fate in the aftermath. I still didn’t understand the good ending at all.