I’m live now.

3 Likes

and live again trying to git gud

2 Likes
2 Likes

I SEE DARK SOULS, I GO WATCH.

2 Likes

Your Dark Souls/Soulslike streams are always funny to watch. :rofl:

I hope you’ve had some great time with your family during New Year’s Eve and after it.

2 Likes

We don’t celebrate all that stuff but ofc the main difference is there’s no work at all, lol, so it affects us quite badly financially, though i guess perhaps there’s some good in some forced vacation as well.

Hope you had a great time though.

2 Likes

I see. As usual not working = no pay.

I’d suggest you to start monetizing your streams with donations, Patreon and such but I think you have no plans for such things, right ?

2 Likes

I don’t plan on doing Patreon or anything like that, no. There’s a donation link and the usual Twitch bits and subs and gift sub options ofc but honestly I’d never want to feel like I’m asking ppl for stuff like that. And I feel like if the stream ends up doing well then stuff like that will follow naturally and it will feel more like it’s just ppl wanting to support u cuz they feel like u provide a certain value in time and entertainment rather than I’m there asking ppl to “help” me. I’d love if one day I’d be able to work less and stream more but then it’ll hopefully feel like it’s just cuz streaming has also become a part-time “job” where I provide some value for the viewers rather than it’s because I’m asking ppl to help me.

I’ve also been suggested (very strongly even) ways to like have options where ppl can have certain interactions with the stream (even going as far as affecting the gameplay and messing with your game, which obviously could be very enticing to some viewers) through bits rather than through channel points but I honestly do not want to do that and don’t feel like I’d ever want to do that at all (making $ a focus of the stream and enticing viewers to spend their $).

If the stream grew somewhat in time then I’d happily take some $ from companies once or twice a month to play their game and promote it somewhat (meaning providing it with a platform for showcasing it, not selling out and lying about it and presenting it as something it is not, God forbid, which would be “haram” even, without a doubt) rather than encourage viewers to spend on me or my stream, especially since as long as the stream is so small it’s much more a case of like me hanging out with friends rather than randoms who just happen to start watching because u already have some numbers. I think there’s a huge difference there as well.

I’d never want the focus of the stream to be $, ever, ever, ever. But ofc I wouldn’t mind making some $ in time cuz $ is just a necessity of life.

Sorry for the whole explanatory essay but I’d rather (again) be open and straightforward about my intentions and stuff like that.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve thought so. It’s better to you to do what you like without forcing yourself to do things for the sake of money, especially how big your family is.

Hopefully your Twitch channel will keep on growing this year and you can find some more good games to stream.

3 Likes

We’ll be exploring something completely different later today:

4 Likes

Great game, hope you like it.
I have yet to play the final release version of it myself though.

3 Likes

Personally, I’m not one to enjoy city builders at all. It’s not that I don’t feel like I could not enjoy them. It’s more so that I feel like they take insane amounts of time and though I understand how it can be satisfying to try and end up with a thriving city like that, it’s not necessarily the type of game I’m usually willing to invest the amount of time those require just to build a city.

The difference here is I just absolutely adore anything roguelite, or at least the basic concept of roguelites, so I just can’t resist at least giving it a good looking into given I can do so for ‘free’ (kinda) through GamePass.

And yeah, the overwhelmingly positive review rate don’t hurt either.

2 Likes

I was curious to see just how they’d manage to make a city builder into a roguelite when I first saw it, I wrote a post about it here somewhere earlier last summer. The roguelite aspect of it limits the time investment issue to a degree as it wont ask you to spend all your time building just the one city for hours on end. Every settlement you start is only meant to last for so long and the goal is to establish an outpost and move on to a new one with different resources and circumstances. It provides a rather unique kind of bite size city builder experience.

3 Likes

Now that you mention this, I do remember reading your post back then.

2 Likes

I’m live now:

2 Likes

I’m live right meow.

3 Likes

2 Likes