Still Searching #1 - Round #10

So it’s not alive and man-made.
Is it made out of living thing(s)?

2 Likes

So in total, since he cracked it through using the website the round will reset. shall I choose a different word then or is he the next GM then?

2 Likes

Whoa, hold your horses there:D How do you know he cracked it?

The site isn’t a cracking tool, it’s an encryption/decryption tool.

In case of round reset, the GM stays the same (unless he has to abandon his post on his own volition).

3 Likes

I mean I texted him the solution privately as a way to let everyone else continue playing. And if anything I don’t feel right taking the GM status for what amounted to a few minutes with the decryption provided by the site you linked. In this case i would just suggest a round reset, so that Stars can actually finish a normal round.

And I would love it if you could maybe give an example on how to properly encrypt a word for future reference @SeekerSupreme.

3 Likes

Use 2-3 different encryption methods. Supreme’s last go had a simple cipher on the word, then a hash, and then MD5 - easy to replicate/verify, but difficult to crack, as the ciphered word is unlikely to appear in rainbow tables. Mixing up the encryption method each round makes the cracking much harder since it requires checking more potential encoding/hashing methods. Doing MD5 at the end makes the string nice and short, and makes it hard to tell what encryption/hash method was used before that.

4 Likes

@SeekerSupreme what @Loewe233 said. He texted me in private. And he was right. Tbh I didn’t think about encrypting it twice so…

I gonna reset the round then.

@Strifeborne sry but we are going to reset the round now. Please stand by and ask/guess/ etc. after I make the new start post. Thank you : )

3 Likes

o.o

But how??:smiley:
@Loewe233, how??

3 Likes

It was too easy encrypted. My fault. I didn’t think about people using the site to find the word. so…

3 Likes

I’ll do it better now.

3 Likes

Don’t tell me you didn’t use the key…

Yup… algo Twofish, mode CTR, no key.

Guys, for the love of… you need to use a key.
Same way you use passwords. Make it a strong one. A random string of garbage. Like this for example:
#G@$hj56e36w4hGB%$#^H%J&36w4q5hg32$@^N@J$$WHG

3 Likes

@SeekerSupreme
^^’ jup. I didn’t know what was meant with key and since you wrote

(with any chosen settings for Algorithm and Mode).

I didn’t think about it anymore till i figured that I should probably use a key- and Loewe decyphered it.

Welp. No way to undo it. I screwed it up pretty hard that’s why I was asking if I’m disqualified/the round is over and Loewe should take over or if we reset the round. If so, I’d restart now. and yes I encrypted the MW more than 1 time with key etc.

3 Likes

I assumed the field saying “Enter Key” would prompt anyone to, you know… enter key:D
My assumption was proven wrongxD

I’ll edit the OP with full instructions.

You do not need to go through any more than just a single round of encrypting, if you’re using the tool.

@eishiya explained why I was doing several rounds. I was using one-way ciphers (save for RO13), which can be easily forced (in the context of MWs) when used alone.

@StarsJumper, please restart the round:)

4 Likes

wispers Too late- i encrypted it. a few times… hehe

^^’ nvm lets start! thank you!

4 Likes

Since I messed up the first time Here we start again!

ROUND ONE BEGINS NOW! AGAIN!

Hello everybody, my name is StarsJumper aka Kat and I’m the lost and magic GM for this first round!

This is my Mystery Word:

SkGrF5/CYlIIjrAXcQ3f55fY7Qr7hFluu2Yvf6VnQuSUHMYEEi+inEcJdrI8HNZRWVM7HistCXI=

(Well let me tell you this one thing: You won’t be able to decipher it so please just play the game. Thank you^^.)

Dear players, please try your best and mark your comments according to the rules above! You may now start asking me yes-or-no questions, post photos and try to guess my secret word.

Remember: You are only allowed to ask ONE question OR post ONE photo and take ONE guess! (please use @StarsJumper while doing so)! Lets’ have a nice new round everyone! ^w^

8 Likes

I mean I did say I wanted you to repeat the round :slight_smile:
And I would have prooobably made the first mistake too sooo it’s rather good to have a few clear instructions now.

Aaaaanyway, off to my first question then, the usual, is it man made @StarsJumper?

6 Likes

hehe.
A man of tradition I see~?
:wink:

this one is hard to answer now…

Some say yes, some say no.

4 Likes

The word doesnt just have to be a thing correct? Can also be a concept?

4 Likes

the thing you are searching for, can be anything. Let me quote Seeker.

4 Likes

Im thinking climate change here,
just cause of that roundabout response to my man made question

5 Likes

seeing as im in it for fun imma just go with that then :slight_smile:

4 Likes