Steam & EA Partnership.

It has been announced that Steam & EA have made a new partnership and EA games & EA Access are coming to Steam.

13 Likes

EA better sell The Sims Medieval back on Steam. As well as updating their old Steam copy of it to include the Windows 10 compatibility patch they gave to their copy on Origin. Also they need to patch up the Steam version of Spore so it can seamlessly logon to the game’s servers without needing to re-redeem and redownload it through Origin first before it can log onto the servers.

10 Likes

okay that is mighty curious, i wonder what sparked that, huehue, -since EA was notorious about not wanting to share cuts with Valve and their whole dlc/mtx business
I wonder if they see it as a gateway/steppingstone with EA Access to either draw people in or bind them to their Origin platform :smirk:

either way, i hope it makes them take a look at their current steam catalogue with borked Origin drm registrations :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Yo I created this thread a while ago, m8.

@delenn13 should we merge?

https://206.81.1.216/t/valve-news-software-hardware-linux-beyond/17517/14

5 Likes

oh, and ressurect Dark Spore onto the steam servers!!

4 Likes

My guess, and hope, is it’s a move to finally silence EGS :rofl:

6 Likes

Ah well i did not see it sorry.

5 Likes

would be epicly hilarious if they do this steam move, and some, whatever, new game gets bribed to an EGS exclusive anyway :joy:

4 Likes

yeah i think this might be why they did it.

4 Likes

So what you’re saying is…

9 Likes

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

IT’S ON FRIKKIN STEAM SO I CAN FRIKKIN BUY IT!!!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

(might just wait till it drops in Humble Monthly though, which it probably will in 8 months or so, hopefully)

10 Likes

Holy Cow!

Ngl that’s pretty awesome.

5 Likes

Awesome. While I myself don’t mind Origin, this partnership is rather interesting to say the least. Although I’m not sure if they would pull a Uplay and force them to use Origin anyway

4 Likes

it does require origin, that was almost an obvious move from EA to not ditch that
check the store page for Jedi: Fallen order, it even has double notice of Origin/ea account image

6 Likes

Honestly I’m not sure it looks that good…Star Wars games are cursed it would seem.

5 Likes

This is a new era for Star Wars games. (hopefully, and it started with the two new battlefront games, which are excellent) (also, it’s by Respawn, which does stand for great single player games usually [as well as yr drug of choice, lol])

4 Likes

Well as far as that goes…this might be of interest in how this will work. An Apex dev posted this yesterday regarding the game coming to steam -

Not true. Your games will launch directly with Steam without running Origin.

Possibly just Apex, possibly he’s wrong, but maybe EA is learning…

8 Likes

I think this is a good thing. Removing client exclusives is a great thing. This is a big step. Maybe more will do the same.

4 Likes

Um, what?

If Apex comes to steam and doesn’t require Origin I will probably buy get it. Otherwise, what’s the point of buying it on steam if origin is just going to launch it anyway? Consolidation of games also doesn’t make sense because of GOG Galaxy 2.0

4 Likes

Um, yes, have u played them? (as for the second one, i’m talking about how the game is now, not at release, as what matters now is how the game is now)

how r u going to buy a free-to-play game though?

4 Likes