Steam ChronoGG Notification Bot!

Hello! Because of my terrible memory, I recently made a simple Steam bot with the sole purpose of notifying you of ChronoGG deals on a daily! I thought I would share it with everyone here.

Just simply add the bot, and you’re good to go!

Every day, around 1 PM (EST), the bot will send you messages with today’s deal, pricing and a brief description from Steam store. And in case you missed the messages, you can use !replay to replay the messages to you.

NEW: Bot will also send you a message when new games are added to the shop!

If you don’t feel like receiving notification for a while, you may use !toggle to switch off/on your notification!

Bot Profile: Steam Community :: ChronoGG Notifier

Chat Screenshot:

Disclaimer: This bot only serves as a reminder, not a dependency. There will be downtimes, but I try to keep it to a minimal.

26 Likes

Do you just add it as friend? I don’t think I need it but it looks interesting.

6 Likes

Yup! You just add it as a friend, and you’re done.

6 Likes

That’s awesome, thanks so much!

8 Likes

Nifty! Good work there!

4 Likes

it has begun… :scream_cat:

12 Likes

Sticky post?
or link this to
https://206.81.1.216/t/a-few-ways-to-keep-from-missing-out-on-the-daily-deals-information-source/1470
???

9 Likes

Good idea, done!

7 Likes

I’m always looking for ways to improve, if you have any ideas, feel free to comment!

6 Likes

It seems to be trying to learn and evolve, I say we burn it with fire.

In all seriousness nice idea mate, i completely forgot about steam bots. Back while notifications were more actively discussed i thought about making a group and sending out announcements to members but this seems much better!

6 Likes

Coin shop restock reminder could be useful. For starters it could just be a reminder to check it every two weeks, but if you want to take it a step further you could scrape the coin shop for those “coming soon” placeholders and then again when they actually get filled.

Cool idea for a bot nonetheless!

8 Likes

I can look into that, doesn’t seem like I need to scrape anything, as it’s built on ReactJS, so they have API for this :smiley:

PS: I noticed Chrono.GG is running a development version of React, is this intentional?

7 Likes

¯_(ツ)_/¯ @dusty

7 Likes

ya, we’re running an older version mostly bc our core react ui hasn’t had any super-major changes over the past ~18 mos.

hopefully in the near future that’s going to change w/ a newer version of the ui, like code, not any visual or major design changes.

that’ll more than likely be something like preact or whatever the latest reactjs is at that time.

7 Likes

Are you promising a major visual overhaul of the site @dusty?

11 Likes

yes, you heard it here @frst

9 Likes

That’s exciting, I just randomly stumbled upon it while inspecting XHR requests :grin:

2 Likes

What happens when the bot’s Friends list gets filled? I think Steam increased the cap to 200 Friends recently.

I believe there is a way (without abusing Steam) to message users you aren’t Friends with. I’ll take a look into it again if you think the Friends limit could be a problem.

4 Likes

I believe it’s 250 by default, then you need to level up for more slots. It’s a dumb system.

3 Likes

indeed 250 is the starter max, can add another 50 from linking a Facebook account i believe, and then +5 from every steam level added
i don’t think Steam Groups have the same member limit restrictions, so a Chrono group+bot might work, tho i do think announcements/event notifications work differently when send/coming from a group (at least sometimes i’ve first been notified after the event with a steam restart, and sometimes not notified at all), where as “friend” messaging always happen instant and seem to work all the time
Guess we will see if bot breaks it’s limits to make it an issue

5 Likes