Back to Today's Deal

STAR WARS™ - Knights of the Old Republic™ - 1/6/19 - $2

Today’s deal is STAR WARS™ - Knights of the Old Republic™!

Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/32370/STAR_WARS__Knights_of_the_Old_Republic/

Description:

THE KORRIBAN ADDRESS

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new game, conceived at Bioware, and dedicated to the proposition that there are other time periods in Star Wars.

The galaxy is still engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that galaxy, or any galaxy so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure. We are met on a great battle-field of that war. We have come to dedicate a portion of that field, as a final resting place for those who here gave their lives that that galaxy might live. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this.

But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate—we can not consecrate—we can not hallow—this ground. The awesome characters, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget the twist that happens at the end of this damn game. It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished yet underrated second game, which hopefully someday we will also sell for very cheap. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us—going back and replaying the whole thing again on the Dark Side—that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain—that this game, under George and Disney, shall have a new birth of freedom—and that high quality expanded universe properties of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the galaxy.

The official trailer for STAR WARS™ - Knights of the Old Republic™

Our favorite Steam reviews:

As always, use this thread to discuss the deal, talk about the game, and find people to play with.

$2? Alright then.

this thing might be old, and it might not be “skyrim” to people, or be a bit clunky and dated to some
-but dang do i still think it’s an easy recommend, for one of my favourite experiences :smiley:

Go to options and make sure you disabled frame-buffer effects.

GPU driver compatibility issues ftw

Hmm, why does the page list Mac only in the list of operating systems? Steam says the game is also available for Windows…

i think it’s an oversight on the frontpage, had the same issue yesterday or the day before i think :thinking:
maybe @lonin can put a Windows sticker on the screen too ?

The timing of this is interesting. I actually JUST finished this game like 2 days ago, but it was the IOS port (which is actually really good for the most part). So while it’s an easy recommend, I have no reason to buy this one. Now if it was KOTOR 2, I still haven’t played that one.

This game is great. Multiple endings, tons of great characters, lots of dialogue and choices, and a good combat system.

Darn! Just bought this in that fanatical bundle…:disappointed:

This is a requirement of selling the game through it’s Mac publisher Aspyr.

that’s a bit of a weird requirement, no? i mean, doesn’t that potentially lead to less sales for them given that ppl who don’t own a Mac might forego the sale?

Aspyr is only legally allowed to sell the Mac version of the game, but on Steam they are the same version, so it’s a strange thing to abide by contractual obligations that don’t exactly make sense in every circumstance.

Thanks for the recommendation, nabbed it while on vacation!

(Rhyming not intentional, but I’m not always conventional).