Star deals

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/tropico-5-complete-collection
5 bucks not bad. Should i get it? On the fence.

7 Likes

That’s a pretty good deal, certainly worth it if you like Tropico.
Already about 40% gone, so don’t ponder it for too long.

4 Likes

I have been thinking about it too…I have the main game just NONE of the DLC. And this is why I am on the fence.:thinking:

Please note: Tropico 5 – Complete Collection is delivered as a single Steam key:persevere:

But the DLC is probably WORTH It…Right???:fearful::weary::grimacing:

4 Likes

Most people’s biggest issue with Tropico 5 is that it’s less of a game than Tropico 4 was. Much the same way the Civ games tends to come out feeling very bare bones compared to it’s previous iteration. The DLCs and other updates tend to bring the newer title up to and hopefully beyond what it’s predecessors had to offer.

So yes is probably what I’m saying, the DLC is likely worth $5. If you’re planning on playing it at all.

5 Likes

the “only” reason i’ve never bought tropic 5 in these 5 dollar deals (i think there has been more of them before) is, as i understand it, you don’t get the “true” full complete pack, as some “dlc” is exclusive to the steam special edition bought directly on steam
^not valid anymore, “retail complete” now contains the full steam exclusive dlc pack too, confirmed by @fraggles (and subsequently my own) purchase

and while it sounds silly, i’ve found myself in the situation before where i end up liking a game, and wanted aaall the extras, but either couldn’t then/forced to buy a extra full new copy of whatever special edition extra dlc i was missing, like assassins creed or some Ubi-styled packaged sht, and really wouldn’t want that here/again…

but i’m also guessing it’s unlikely the steam price will ever come close to that low… :thinking:
though also the biggest thing “holding me back” is that i’ll probably never get around to play it anyways :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

I checked the list of included DLC with the list of those available on steam and it does include all of them. Chances are it wont include any future DLC and I wouldn’t even be surprised if they release a great new one next week that’ll never be discounted at any point unless you buy the whole package again or something.

But as it stands this does come with everything that is out.

4 Likes

check again: Tropico 5 - Steam Special Edition

Tropico 5 + the “Guide through Tropico Island” and the mini-DLC “Isla de Vapor” including one costume and one map exclusive to Steam

tropico 5 (complete collection) bought “elsewhere”

Tropico 5:
Tropico 5 - Waterborne DLC:
Tropico 5 - Espionage DLC:
Tropico 5 - Generalissimo DLC:
Tropico 5 - Gone Green DLC:
Tropico 5 - Inquisition DLC:
Tropico 5 - Joint Venture DLC:
Tropico 5 - Mad World DLC:
Tropico 5 - Supervillain DLC:
Tropico 5 - Surf’s Up! DLC:
Tropico 5 - T-Day DLC:
Tropico 5 - The Big Cheese DLC:
Tropico 5 - The Supercomputer DLC:

reading through the forum “back then” the kalypso/Haemimont guys even confirmed you only get those Steam special edition “extras”/dlc (Guide through Tropico Island” and the mini-DLC “Isla de Vapor” including one costume and one map exclusive to Steam) by buying either the steam special edition or the complete edition directly via steam, and all other retail complete editions only comes with the aforementioned list of all “regular” dlc Complate Collection with Isla de Vapor? :: Tropico 5 General Discussions Complete edition contains steam special edition? :: Tropico 5 General Discussions
^not valid anymore, “retail complete” now contains the full steam exclusive dlc pack too, confirmed by @fraggles (and subsequently my own) purchase

5 Likes

OH, Great! :exploding_head:

3 Likes

yep, and the thing is, i could never figure out if those “mini dlc”/extras (Isla de Vapor etc) was worth whatever steam price difference it was at the time(i think 5$ at the time 5$retail complete vs steam 10$ complete iirc),
but to me it was just that itch in the back of my neck of “not having the “real” complete edition”-in case i’d somehow get neuritic and want it “someday” :man_facepalming:
-i just hate it when a complete pack isn’t the “full” or has various “store” exclusives, like the sort of gamestop nonsense that goes on with a sht ton of “physical” copies…

4 Likes

So this is like…

I buy a movie…any movie. The director/actor/actress/movie wins an Academy Award. Movie is re-released with a “Director’s Cut” with 10 mins of unreleased film/interview etc. Then one of the main actors dies…Movie released with even more unreleased crap!..Then…Did I forget to say said movie was a VHS tape???

Rinse and repeat with DVD>>>> :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::crazy_face::weary::flushed:

3 Likes

Some games are worth buying piecemeal as soon as each chunk is released, others are worth waiting for a Complete/GOTY/Definitive Edition, others you should just skip at any price.

If you don’t own any of them but like city builders, 1) I’m surprised you made it out of North Korea, welcome to the internet. And 2) grab this cheap T5 for $5 or pay a bit more for T6 and add expansions as they come.

The Tropico franchise is in the Complete category for me mostly because I already own at least 3 of them. But also because I know it’s a good city builder, good history (3, 4, and 5 have not disappointed), good expansions (assuming you enjoy more scenarios/islands/buildings/content), and fun. I’m not rushing to buy 6 though, as I’ve not had an itch to play a dictator-themed builder in a while and I still have Tropico 5 to finish if I do. Not touched the Water expansion yet.

3 Likes

(tho this doesn’t exactly apply to Tropico in this egregious form)
when talking about “Ubi-style packages”

good luck trying to figure out which/how many copies to get what you want… :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

OUCH! My head…again!:exploding_head:

3 Likes

Ok, I only compared the list of DLC you can purchase from steam with the list that came included in the package. These are all included.
Capture

But I did miss that the main purchase option on steam says

Tropico 5 + the “Guide through Tropico Island” and the mini-DLC “Isla de Vapor” including one costume and one map exclusive to Steam

However turns out that the mini-DLC is included anyway:
Capture2

As for the guide, don’t know not sure I care.
Edit: Yeah, there it is.

Capture

6 Likes

wait, so that’s the retail complete package purchased?, and not the steam complete package, yet came with the “steam exclusive” goodies too anyway? :astonished:
good to know :+1:
-jumping on this deal then! "dlc neuroses"safely appeased :hugs:

4 Likes

I caved too…Only because I am doing a phone survey in about 15 mins for $75.00…Yeah, Me!:+1:t2:

6 Likes

What the actual…phone surveys pay that much? I get still get hounded by San Diego political campaigns and I don’t even live there anymore, they’ve never paid me a dime to answer all their asinine questions not-so-subtly funneling me towards a specific vote.

4 Likes

Yea. I have been doing surveys on the net for over 20 yr. I had a phone survey last month for 125.00CA about pharmacies and this one was about Cable TV, internet and cell phone service for 1/2 hour for 75.00CA. Now I do have to do surveys for free but once they know you, you get some great offers.

4 Likes

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/doom

Figured since this topic is already here…

3 Likes