So I heard this game is good

Tempting…

8 Likes

@Shalandir can give you some of his thoughts, I would imagine…

His 881 hours would be more than sufficient to gush a little bit about the wonders of the game…

As for me, I got stuck reading the encyclopedia of information that is in the game…

9 Likes

Not as good as Alpha Centauri, that’s Sid Meiers crowning achievement and the best 4x ever got.

3 Likes

I used to think Alpha Centauri and Alien Crossfire expansion were the best a 4X game could get, but I’ll agree it’s daunting to newbies. Civ5 has a much smoother learning curve with lots of fun mechanics, a less serious overtone, and brighter color palette. All-in-all, I personally love AC/AX but tend to play more Civ5 because I play in shorter bursts of time (15 min, 25 min) and it’s easier to hop back into a Civ5 game than relearn everything that was happening on an alien world. Also AC/AX is really old and not updated with Civ5 obviously updated all the way until Civ6 recently released. But I love both, so no hate. I’m really trying to get more 4X friends into Endless Legend though, it has the best factions, quests, world exploration, and fighting but it’s just not as popular. Just bought newest expansion for it, yet to try.

3 Likes

Yeah the one great weakness of AC/AX is that it’s pretty garish to look at. I get that they wanted to go with as alien an environment as possible, but did it have to be so harsh on the eyes?

2 Likes

This is a great civilization building, strategy game. Or I’ve been told by my brothers.
I’ve never actually played it :upside_down_face:

1 Like

If you want to just chat on headset while playing solo 4X and ask questions (should I research gunpowder or rush banking? Does a knight beat a half-health pikeman on Diety difficulty? Can my archaeologist go snatch some ruins in enemy territory or do I need to wage war/annex it first? Etc.) I rather enjoy the relaxing nature of turn-based Strategy. Feel free to toss $12 at that or any other 4X and give me a call. :selfie:

2 Likes

what i’ve heard about Cvi5:
when all you have is a noble pursuit for global peace:

1 Like