Back to Today's Deal

Sid Meier's Civilization VI : Platinum Edition - 12/19/19 - $27.99

Today’s deal is Sid Meier’s Civilization® VI: Platinum Edition!

game-og-image%20(70)

Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/289070/Sid_Meiers_Civilization_VI/

Description:

THE VOICE

Caesar looks out from his vine covered balcony out onto his empire. The dream of many before has come to this moment, to him, to a time when man finally reached up and conquered the world as he knew it. The glory and wonders of mighty Rome lay there before him and he smiled with the fire in his eyes of all the Caesars, of all the geniuses, cultural leaders, and brave soldiers who fought to carve out this eternal paradise on Earth which stretched out beyond the horizon. But then, a light from above parts the clouds and a voice beyond all who have ever spoken addresses him.

“CAESAR, RULER OF THE ROMAN EMPIRE, CHILD, YOU HAVE DONE WELL. YOU MAY NOT KNOW ME, BUT I AM A DEITY FROM ANOTHER REALM CALLED “MODERN-DAY MARYLAND”. THOSE IN MY FLOCK KNOW ME AS SID MEIER, BUT TO YOU, I AM THE CREATOR OF WORLDS, AND I HAVE COME TO YOU WITH A MOST IMPORTANT MESSAGE.”

“What is it, almighty God of the heavens? What news do you have for the great Caesar? Must I truly rise higher for thee after coming so far?”

“NONSENSE, YOUNG CAESAR. I AM HERE TO TELL YOU YOU’VE WON. THE WORLD IS YOURS. THERE IS NO CAPITAL KNOWN YOU HAVE NOT CONQUERED. YOU HAVE ALL THE DLC, ALL THE EXPANSIONS, AND NOW YOU ARE THIS WORLD’S SOLE RULER.”

“And what of it, God? Will you strike me down and send my soul to the underworld?”

“NO, CAESAR. IT’S TIME FOR YOU TO GO PLATINUM.”

And the sun burst, and a wave of silver light shined down across the land, and everything, from the smallest apple to the biggest temple was now shining platinum metal, and so was the sea and so was the sky and so was Caesar, and in an instant the entire Roman empire collapsed back into numbers and letter and code and backflipped out across the internet to Chrono.gg, where you bought Sid Meier’s Civilization VI: Platinum Edition for less than thirty bucks.

The official trailer for Sid Meier’s Civilization® VI:

Our favorite Steam reviews:

Sale price info:
This is the lowest Sid Meier’s Civilization VI : Platinum Edition has ever been individually discounted according to ITAD, previous low was $30.40 on Green Man Gaming.

As always, use this thread to discuss this deal, talk about the game and find other people to play with!
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

This is actually a great deal! For those 10 people interested in Civ VI that haven´t gotten the base game or any expansion yet. :stuck_out_tongue:

I see Civ 6 is listed with “Expansive City Building”, but this term is applied more often to games like SimCity or Cities: Skylines. Civ 6 is very limited in the management of cities on a smaller level, so this tag might bring up some false expectations.

For those wondering what counts as “city building” in Civilization 6; placing of districts, potential to manually manage worker assignment to buildings and tiles, constructing buildings respective of their districts, etc.

Do note that besides the initial placement of your city and its districts, you cannot dictate where structures will appear, change appearance or tinker with layouts. (You might be able to with mods.)

Im super interested in this but wondering if this is the game for me… Ive often found im er… really… bad at civ games, (too slow to build up i get run down by enemies around me). I played i think Civ 5 and didnt really get into it because after like an hour and a half i felt like i barely got anywhere. I once played Civilization Revolution on PS3 and absolutely loved it and have been chasing that high ever since… Should i avoid this? Is it ‘complicated’? Or more importantly, is it… super slow paced? Any advice is hugely appreciated!

Civilization can be very complicated if you wish to go into details and complex strategies, but I find I can enjoy the baseline gameplay just fine. You don’t have to know the ins and outs of everything.

As for pace; I’m not a big fan of drawn-out/slow progress games either, but there’s game speed settings that adjust the turns taken for many things. With “Online” speed games can be fairly quick. However, this has a few repercussions for balancing, like tech becoming obsolete quicker. It isn’t a big deal, really.

If you’re interested and can spare the time and money, I’d tell you to give it a serious try and jump into the tutorial and then play a game just doing what you like. You’ll find it will become very easy to just play “one more turn”…

If you’re still on the fence, get the demo off of Steam and see for yourself.

Great advice thanks. For $30 why not!

If you buy it here, do you get one (all-in-one) code to enter in steam or for the base game and every dlc different codes?

Because I already have the base game and only want the dlc. But I would like to give the base game of it to a friend if possible.

That is one huge discount for a “full meal deal.”

Wow!

I believe this to be one “Platinum key” per the SteamDB backend API, but if it’s split into 3 keys base/DLC/DLC I’ll buy it in a heartbeat…1 DLC for me, 2 gifts ftw.

$30 earmarked, just waiting on response.

Calling TPTB @lonin, @frst, @dusty, and @Ernin8t0r…How many keys…People need answers…

I would really like to get this but unfortunately I have a car that has other plans. Just money reasons.

I have the base game, but it’s cheaper to buy here than the upgrade in Steam.

Looks like it’s just a single key that includes all of the content for this deal.

thanks for the heads up! unfortunately, paying $28 for a single DLC seems like a waste, especially when I could be guilt-tripping other gamers into playing more Civ by gifting them a copy of the base game :poop: