Back to Today's Deal

Sid Meier’s Civilization® VI Gold - 12/17/18 - $35

Today’s deal is Sid Meier’s Civilization® VI Gold!

Welcome to the final day of the Best of Chrono!

Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/289070/Sid_Meiers_Civilization_VI/

Description:

IT IS YOU WHO IS THE BEST

So this is it: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI: Gold Edition is the last game in our epic best of 2018 game deals event. Crack the champagne, cue the confetti, and let’s poke at Ghandi so long he invades us with his army. On the one hand we’re sad it’s done because we absolutely LIVE to bring you game deals we know you’ll love, but we’re also excited to show you that in these next few weeks, we’ve got a selection of games we’ve never sold before that’s so good, you’re gonna wish it was 2019 already just so some of them could be on next year’s best of list.

But on a deeper and realer note, 2019 will be our third year of Chrono.gg, and as much as we love taking credit for our successes (especially me), it’s really all of you we should be thanking for showing up everyday, reading these dumb descriptions, and creating the community around us that we always dreamed of having. You’ve shown us and the whole world that it’s possible to be good and honest and cool about getting good deals on good games without ever having to mislead, go behind anyone’s back, or steal. And so, in honor of cultural victories, our sale officially concludes today with the words of William Shakespeare, which we twisted and ruined into a lame parody about video games:

“Our game deals now are ended. These, our games,
As I foretold you, were all just software and
Are melted into steam, into our Steam
libraries:
And, like the heavy discounts of our best of sale,
The battered spaceships, the giant rats,
The chicken masks, the great gungeon itself,
Yea, all which it discounts, shall dissolve
And, like this insubstantial pageant faded,
Leave not a sale behind. We are such stuff
As dreams are made on, and our little life
Is rounded with a website.”

<3

The official trailer for Sid Meier’s Civilization® VI Gold:

Our favorite Steam reviews:

As always, use this thread to discuss the deal, talk about the game, and find people to play with.

How does this work if you already have the base game on Steam, but none of the DLC? Is there a way to get just the DLC for less money? The civilization packs have never gone on sale below 33% off, so I was really hoping there’d be a way to finally get those for a reasonable price and getting Rise and Fall at the same time isn’t too bad.

I also would like to know!

You are ALL. THE. BEST!!! Thanks for “The Sandbox” to play in. We have a great community.:heart_eyes::sunglasses::star_struck:

P.S. Oh, and I enjoy reading those little descriptions.

I can’t say for certain, but:

1. I bought the Xcom 2 collection yesterday
  2. It was a single key
  3. Xcom and Civ have the same publisher

Therefore, it looks like you’re going to be buying the base game a second time, and you won’t even be able to give it to a friend.

So it’s better to wait for them to go on sale again for 33% off on Steam if you really want them or hope they finally go on sale for a more reasonable price. Got it.

DLC format/sales/bundles for 2K games is notoriously anti-consumer, but I do look forward to February expansion. First time in nearly a decade it looks like a 2K studio is making a quality value-added DLC. That expansion is not included in this bundle though.

My parents raised me that if I have nothing nice to say I shouldn’t say anything at all - it’s an adage that does not hold up well if you want to also provide honest feedback. In this case, I tend to love the base games like XCOM or Civ and then feel cheated as I get nickeled and dimed over addon content, so it’s a love-hate relationship. I really really really dislike the path they have chosen but I guess it must be very profitable that they daily risk fans’ ire with the release of a new paid Civilization or charge a fee for some maps.

y, and also, being a true friend means having to say the cold hard truth to their face sometimes, even if it’s not nice, the same goes for honest feedback as u say; how else could they improve?