Back to Today's Deal

SEUM: Speedrunners from Hell - 12/3/18 - $3

Today’s deal is SEUM: Speedrunners from Hell!

Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/457210/

Description:

LOVE CHILD: ARENA

The motel was cool and still like a save room. It was evening, but light still shone in from the windows because the sun wasn’t quite down. Super Meat Boy didn’t know what to think, he took off work early for this. But how had it come to this in the first place? He was excited, sure, but one week ago he’d been a single indie game who’d been out of the spotlight for a few years. He’d made his money and he was sitting on it, but what about the passion? What about the intrigue? Money is everything for the most part in this world, but even then, there’s some things it just can’t satisfy…

That’s why when he ran into Quake 3 at the sandwich shop the other day and he asked Meat Boy if he was free for a drink later, Meat Boy finally said yes. He’d had his eye on Quake for a while, but even in his middle age, Quake was at least 10 years his senior. Still, that didn’t mean he wasn’t sexy as hell, and Super Meat Boy really noticed. Drinks later became dinner became sharing an Uber became making out on the doorstep and dying for another date.

And now here he was in a motel room down the street from the office ready to do something he hadn’t done since…well, it had been a long time. When the knock came and the door opened, Quake 3 was there, and the two of them wasted no time testing each other’s mechanics, switching them around, and mixing them together. And as they entwined in the near dark, Super Meat Boy had a vision of his life with Quake 3, and of the child they might one day have together, and the heroic website who would one day list that game for 80% off…but that was for later. Right now, there were only three frags left, and he was gonna get all three of them.

The official trailer for SEUM: Speedrunners from Hell:

Our favorite Steam reviews:

Sale price info:
This is the lowest SEUM: Speedrunners from Hell has ever been discounted, previous low was $3.17 on GameBillet.

As always, use this thread to discuss the deal, talk about the game, and find people to play with.

Seems like a great price!

I got a copy of this game soon after it’s release, it’s simple, fast paced and can be a lot of fun…start running, avoid the obstacles and get to the finish like as fast as possible. Sounds simple enough, but it can be pretty challenging!
Trying to get higher and higher on the leaderboard on each level is what got me (i may have spent 2 hours just on the first level once trying to get in the top ten), i also like metal among other genres, so that is a + for me. :smiley:

And of course it’s not a game for everyone, so if you ask me, i’d recommend doing some research on it before purchasing and see if you like it or not!

I absolutely despise the art-style, theme and music of this game. It’s what I’d consider DOOM-ish and I can’t stand DOOM either.

I fully recommend this game, it’s challenging and super fun, only almost finished it, but it’s super easily worth 5$+.