Saying goodbye to Chrono and hello to Nexus <3

You should have lead with this!!! xD

I was super depressed reading this until I got to that part. It’s pretty sad having our daily deal gone but losing the community would have been heartbreaking.
That being said, thank you, Chrono, for keeping this community alive :sunflower:
And good luck with Nexus (cool name btw) - it sounds like a great venture :sunflower:

14 Likes

I’m a little sad for the chrono’s farewell, but at the same time I’m happy that you’re taking a next step to grow even more :heavy_heart_exclamation: you all deserve :heartpulse::hibiscus:
Thank you so much for introducing me to new games, for the sensational texts that accompanied each daily offer and for being incredible people :hearts:

Long life and many victories with Nexus! :star::beers::star:

3 Likes

aww, i love my daily discovery queue here at Chrono :disappointed:
but business is business and i totally get wanting to be able to put your full resources on one thing, and if that thing is Nexus i bid you the best of luck :clinking_glasses:

ecstatic you will accommodate the community and will let us continue our random scribbles, bundle announcements and the occasional gif or two :blush: :hugs:

7 Likes

You guys tryin’ to give us as spook or something? haha

I saw that one coming, wasn’t too long ago that one of the streamers I watch was thinking about setting up a chrono store (which he did), I guessed that it was becoming a more and more popular thing since he wasn’t the first one I saw doing so. Live long and prosper :vulcan_salute:

6 Likes

Aww - sucks, Yeah! the community remains, Yeah! more choice.

The Yeah! 's have it. Onwards and upwards. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Damn this sucks… I assume this too will eventually be gone. I will miss this community (even though I’ve been in hibernation for a while).
Good luck with that Nexus thing!
If anyone wants to stay in touch you’re very welcome to add me on steam.:purple_heart:

1 Like

And her comes the fanboys and trolls Chrono.gg has went to crap I logged in for years and got almost 100000 and I got screwed out of ever using them as I was saving to use on something nice and when the end came they didn’t even make sure there was enough keys to support their member to get anything I got tossed a bunch of trash and junk for my years of trouble so you fanboys responding this post need to mind your own business. He has every right to be upset and speak his mind because he is not the only that got screwed or feel let down.

1 Like

you were owed nothing - that’s the misconception some of you guys have
not to mention the fact if you managed to amass 100k coins you had plenty of opportunity to spend them over the time - you chose not to
^chrono ain’t responsible for you

11 Likes

It’s only natural that a business needs to adapt and change over time to find it’s way, sticking to a single idea because it was your first one is generally a recipe for failure.

I’m glad Chrono, or nexus, (what are we actually calling the company behind this anyway?) are able to change their approach as they see fit and I hope the choices you make will lead to success. As many others I will of course be a little sad to see the daily deals go, they were a great way to find out about games I might not have otherwise heard of. I will of course keep an eye on how Nexus turns out.

You have my sincere well wishes for the future, may it be a brilliant one.

9 Likes

Damn, my first comment ever is gonna be on this post lol.

Just wanted to toss my two cents, I’ll admit I was a little annoyed when Chrono decided to remove coins, but they were fully within their rights to do so and I don’t hold any grudges against them. It was thanks to them that I was able to get some games I really had my eye on, like Valkyria Chronicles 4 and Sky Rouge, and I would have never found gems like Regions of Ruin without Chrono. I’m glad to have supported them in whatever small ways over these past few years, and I hope Nexus works out well for them. Good luck!

11 Likes

Aww :c so sad
I’m glad the community will stay though
I hope this next project will become somethin gud

5 Likes

We are here so don’t let it be your last.:heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation:

7 Likes

I think you should rename the topic. Knee-jerk reaction is to think that the site is shutting down and the forums are closing.

https://206.81.1.216/t/saying-goodbye-to-chrono-and-hello-to-nexus-3/22686/31?u=gdbringer

We will still be here! Don’t leave us yet! :rabbit:

Anyway, good luck. As long as the forums remain I don’t mind where you put us on the Nexus.

PS: Got 666 because that doesn’t happen often. Heh heh.

7 Likes

Honestly a little disappointed that yet another site has to pivot to the whims of streamers/influencers but hey ho, that’s where the money is.

3 Likes

Thanks for the update! Best of luck with the new website.

6 Likes

That’s kinda the premise of Chrono yeah? Working with content creators and developers/publishers to promote sales. I feel like this was intended as snark but it didn’t quite go that way.

Nexus is just a way to put content creators even more in the driver’s seat.

I will miss the daily deals, but I’m hoping there will still be deals scattered around various nexus storefronts.

9 Likes

All the best of luck for this new project, I hope you’ll achieve the success you deserve… I get the mission and really admire you taking this big step towrds it.
Thanks for creating and maintaining Chrono and everything it stands for, and special thanks for making it a true community where I met a bunch of really cool people. I hope this community never dies and its good spirit carries over to Nexus.
Stay safe and healthy, everyone, and lots of love from me here in Germany!

6 Likes

I’m a bit sad that the daily deal is going away. While I rarely bought anything, discoverability was a factor for me.

I wish you guys luck with this endeavour. While competition will be pretty steep I think you have the skills to take a good shot at the prize :wink:

4 Likes

When the daily spin was removed, a lot of people were saddened by it. When they took to these forums to voice their sadness, the veteran users here mocked them and said they were glad to see these ‘filthy casual peasants’ leave. Those elitists considered it a victory over “the entitled crowd”. When this crushed crowd tried to reason with them, their pleas were met with more of the same ‘just leave, you entitled scum’ comments.

But I knew the sentiment the elitists voiced was only temporary. I knew for that day, they would be saying “Good riddance coins and good riddance filthy casuals!” But I knew one year later, they would instead be saying, “Do you guys remember chrono.gg? Those were the days…” My predictions were mocked. My concerns for the longevity of the site were smugly discarded. The veterans believed removing coins was the smart move, and no argument could make them see things differently. Especially when they outnumbered conflicting outlooks.

Well here we are, less than a year later, and that day has come. Whatsoever a man sows, he shall also reap. You have poisoned your own stomping grounds with that mentality. You shouldn’t be surprised when the same poisoned ground can no longer bear fruit.

I don’t care what comes of this. I’m not going to read replies, as it will probably just be another circlejerk. Hell, my comment will probably be deleted before that. I just wanted somebody out there to see me win. I just wanted somebody to know my prediction came true.

2 Likes

ikr, what a “win” :thinking: :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

you have a grand total of 1 post, you were never here on chrono to begin with :wave:

8 Likes