Remnant from the Ashes will be free on EGS Aug 20 till Aug 27

That’s a big one, will make lots of ppl vry happy.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/617290/Remnant_From_the_Ashes/

13 Likes

I am going to be terrible at it, but for free, I am certainly going to try it. Hehe. Thanks for the heads up!

7 Likes

Well. This is on my wishlist. Hmmmmmmmm.

6 Likes

Not even this will convert me to EGS …not even this.

8 Likes

A person of principles. Respect.

8 Likes

Thanks, @M00 :heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation:

6 Likes

@DontBeSilly Even so, :heart: sloth pets

@M00 Ooh… Like @YQMaoski would suck, but yes, it’d cool to try out at least.

@Rhyagelle :thinking: Do you already use the launcher?

Ditto. ^^

@delenn13 Always. :heart: Never forgets to say thanks. ^^

6 Likes

No. I’ve mostly been getting these free games for my siblings when they come up. I made them accounts. Thankfully you don’t need the launcher to claim the titles. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I am sure I have missed a few. It’s good we have brave ones that post info, games, giveaways etc.

*****:wave:t2: :wave:t2::wave:t2: ***** At the lurkers…

6 Likes

Eh… I dunno if this is something to be celebrated.

I mean…
Well…
Principles are generally a good thing but I don’t think that claiming allegiance to the near-monopoly store-front is such a great idea. All those are just businesses, they don’t care about you, they’re not your friends and they’re likely to betray you the moment they see a significant profit that will outweigh potential PR backlash.

Note that I’m not saying EGS is good.

I just don’t like to see a store-front as a cause people support as if it’s an idea. :expressionless:

5 Likes

You are obviously reading way too much into this.

Me not liking EGS doesnt mean i like Steam . I just dont like EGS and what they do and at this point this is a game of attrition and a fun challenge for myself to stay away from all baits EGS is throwing my way.

I’m also sure @spinoute didint mean what you think he/she meant so yeah. Chill.

9 Likes

Heads up, developers are asshats and will ban you if you complain about anything about the game.
Info in the review below :

6 Likes

Don’t get me wrong, I was not celebrating it. If instead of EGS, @DontBeSilly would have written Steam or Humble Bundle or any other store, it would be the same. They would stick to its principles. People like what they like but it’s good to see that when they don’t like something, they’re not easily swayed by a freebie.

And I agree that no one should swear allegiance to any multi billion dollar company, unless they’re paid to.

6 Likes

:thinking:

I know that’s not exactly what you’re intending to say, but it is basically what you’re saying, and it is also basically how the world works, indeed.

5 Likes

What I meant with the “paid to”, is that the people probably work for that company in some capacity, thus they’re allegiance to them. But that same allegiance is broken as soon as they move to another company.

As for the “stick to its principles” part, it was more in a consumer point of view. Even Epic giving away all these games for free, @DontBeSilly don’t want to use their store.

7 Likes

that’s fair

6 Likes

Heh.
Yeah, I guess I was overreacting a bit :blush:

Peace, everyone :wink:

6 Likes

This is what I like to see: opinions discussed, views accepted and people listening to each other well. :heart: Proud of you guys for being so mature about this line of posts. =^_^=

Aside: I’ve never wanted or worn brand name shoes, etc on principle. They don’t pay me to advertise for them and the stuff is hella pricey too. Even if they offered to pay me, I could and likely would say no, and hype up a local designer first. Everybody’s got their thing, purr.

8 Likes

Also, see, this is why Epic is so lacking. They promised ages ago to have this in place, but they abandoned their roadmap of features and just “eh, we make money, so why improve the client”.
On Steam, people are warning others that the devs will ban your butt if you even try to talk about the issues with the game (and there is a lot)
On Epic … there is no such thing.
But, it’s free and it’s not total shit. It’s a bit shit in my opinion, but it’s free.
But screw the devs. Grab the game even if not interested. Epic needs to get a goddamn rating and forum system in place (which they said they’d do ages ago, but dropped since they earned so much money they stopped caring and their promised features are years behind and now just “perhaps happening”)

2 Likes

Still going with updates, latest one was 2 days ago. I will agree they have been slow on many features, and even removed good ones like family share :frowning:, but they are still going with their roadmap. User reviews and social improvements were pushed back but I do not see any evidence that they have abandoned them.

5 Likes