Back to Today's Deal

Recently Played Games

I just finished Mr. Shifty, and wow, was it fun! Surprised no one has mentioned playing it before, because the trailer always captivated me, and it was just as much fun as I expected it to be.

One minute you feel like Neo from Matrix, next you feel like Captain America, all while racing through levels to some sweet tunes. The soundtrack was amazing, the mechanics and gimmick simple but fun, level design was perfect for the style, and the enemy variety was just enough.

Not to say it was perfect but my final recommendation? 9/10, would definitely play a sequel.

Just finished Pocket Kingdom, y’all! Once again, thanks to Chrono for making it available in the coin shop and to a fellow chronie for gifting it to me!

Had a blast after such a long week at work. It was exactly what I needed to chill!

Here’s my review for the curious.

(…) All things considered, despite the many puzzle games I’ve played, Pocket Kingdom is a title that left an impression on me due to the way it juggles with interesting lore, cute Easter eggs, fun achievements (seriously, totally unexpectedly awesome) and gorgeous pixel art.

I recommend Pocket Kingdom to anyone interesting in cracking a few puzzles, exploring an interesting floating island and stumbling upon a few really fun secrets.

I don’t have a lot of space so I wouldn’t be able to use the first two very well. Superhot would be fun to try though, I might pick it up when it’s cheaper.

I got Mr.Shifty free on twitch I almost beat it but halfway through the LAST level I had to get off, and since the game resets you to the beginning of the fregin level. I just quit :triumph:
And the level was so hard it took me a half hour to get to that point, and I was not about to do that again

Even with the lack of checkpoints when you get off the game it was still really fun and enjoyable, I’m half tempted to just restart the whole game because I was playing it with a keyboard and mouse, but now I have a controller I can use.

Yeah, @Nateninja21 I had the same issue: on the last stage I diligently fought my way to the boss and got a hard crash to desktop my first time when I got to the final goon room. Had to refight entire stage, I think I took a screenshot with 58 deaths and ~38 minutes second time through? I mentioned it in my review.

Also, I had a controller available but didn’t feel I needed it, just powered through with keyboard and mouse no issues (control-wise). With or without a controller I won’t be achievement hunting on Mr Shifty however; the ones I didn’t get are insane, like deathless run of entire game, beat entire game in under 79minutes, silly things like that. I mean, I’m good enough to pull off “kill 6 enemies during slo-mo” which I think had a 3% completion rate, but those others are a nightmare. Thank God I don’t have achievement OCD!

Universal Paperclips are universally loved!

Just beat and acquired every chievo from “Orwell” a few hours ago. And man did I love that game :smiley:

Also grinding on “Bit Heroes”.

Oh hell naw.

Lost 3 days to that :frowning:

My dad and I got addicted to that game for like two whole days. Had a super fun time.

Recommend you try out SPACEPLAN if you haven’t e already. Also a clicker with a story, and a damn good one at that. Plus, it’s super cheap!

@CRV2017 never got around to getting all the achievements! How long did it take you?

It looks pretty neat, and I still got a 1$ from a gift card I got a while ago from gnuffi, so if it goes on sale I might pick it up.

[quote=“coralinecastell, post:338, topic:4634, full:true”]@CRV2017 never got around to getting all the achievements! How long did it take you?
[/quote]

Took me two days to unlock 'em all.

Actually I played on and off for maybe an hour per session.

A fair few of the chievos are sorta tied with one or two others, and a few are “alternates” to an ending of a chapter. So yeah I had to finish one full playthrough and when I unlocked the chapter selection menu, I just went back to a chapter to get a new chievo :slight_smile:

I finally gathered the courage and wits to complete Momodora’s Pacifist and Insane difficulty achievements in one go. Only two years later since my last playthrough, oof

It’s one of my favorite games and it had to be done, 100% achievements! :smiley: Insane difficulty means that if you are hit, you are dead, healing items and etc doesn’t even matter. On the other hand, Pacifist means you cannot kill any of the monsters, only the bosses. So they get along very well.

Imperishable achievement in the middle of them with last play date.

Spoilers?

Me right now:

Next step is probably maybe possibly, Salt and Sanctuary or Hollow Knight for the first time. :upside_down_face:

I’ve been playing the Resident Evil 2 remake. I can honestly say, as someone who played the original RE2 release, that this remake is amazing, and completely worth your time.

Finally got around to playing Grim Dawn. Liking it so far.

RE7 is really interesting.

Deep Rock Galactic is good.

The Long Dark however… I dunno. It’s my first real survival game, and I’m dying on the first story “mission”. So I haven’t really made a good assessment of that.

I recently picked up the long dark as well and also had some issues with the start of the story. Don’t linger around, just push on through the first several areas. Don’t worry about picking up anything but the clothes, the special choice items from the crash site and whatever is directly in your path.

Darkside Detective from Humble Bundle. The humor is fine, but the game seems short/easy compared to other point and click games.:disappointed:

I recently purchased a copy of LA Noir for my brothers birthday. He let me buy it digital so we could both get a copy, so i’ve been playing that this week. If you haven’t played it before, I do recommend it. Its one of Rockstar Games best games. Its a very long story focused game set in I believe the 50’s. You play as a police officer that has to climb the ranks by completing missions and other side activities around the open world map. Its an old game that has been remastered to support that 4k resolution.

Jurassic World Evolution.
Wow.

It’s hard not to be impressed by the sheer beauty of constructing your own dinosaur exhibits on Isla Matanceros, Muerta, Pena, Sorna and Tacaño in the surrounding archipelago around the now-quarantined Isla Nublar. Frontier Games has a supremely stable and fast engine that renders everything gorgeously at insanely high framerates at 4K or windowed 1080p when I have other things drawing my attention.

And then to top it all off, they paid BD Wong (Dr. Wu), Bryce Dallas Howard (Claire boss lady), and JEFF freaking GOLDBLUM (Dr. Ian Malcolm from the originals and new Jurassic movies) to voice dozens of hours of content, voiceover, narration, dialogue, and exposition! Holy cow! That was a massive surprise, honestly assumed it was just a gimmick for the opening trailer, maybe the first mission then nothing for the rest of the game (or cheaper actors).

I will say, the physics can be a bit simplistic though for driving or flying. It’s similar to GTA - not really a challenge, and not super realistic acceleration or turning but it makes for some really comical scenes that Frontier apparently decided to embrace with open arms. Sometimes when you see a sick dinosaur and want your doctors to handle it (instead of manually driving over to shoot it full of medication), they will purposely accelerate like a maniac right at a small hill outside the fence of an exhibit to pop up dozens or maybe 100 meters in the air to jump the fence, despite there being an automated gate a few meters away. It makes me laugh though, it’s a fairly lighthearted game with funny moments.

As for mechanics, the first few days can be tough as I didn’t realize how easy it was for the common freaking cold to wipe out my entire stock of dinosaurs (yes, they die if you don’t treat it quickly). Basically I had to learn to drop EVERYTHING if a sick dino alert popped up, and constantly check the dinos for potential diseases. You have to think of them as multi-million dollar investments: without them, no visitors will come and the park dies. Once you figure out how to not kill off your money-makers, it becomes fairly trivial to balance your budget and keep funds flowing.

All in all, it’s yet another reason to love Frontier. They did the license proud. And I really want Secrets of Dr. Wu expansion; making my own hybrid dinos sounds like I get to re-live my Impossible Creatures (2003) childhood fantasies again.

Solid 9/10 (if you’re addicted to numbers), highly recommend

I recently “finished” Hollow Knight. I’m quite proud of my 106% completion and got an ending to it. I don’t think I’ll ever be good enough to get one of the better endings(plus the jump button on my controller became a bit “sticky” which made it near impossible :cry:), but I rather enjoyed the game and glad to have finally played a game that people here were rather obsessively talking about. :stuck_out_tongue: I’ll probably still play it from time to time to “try” and get a better ending, but for now I am done with it.

Yesterday I played “Dawn of Man” which is amazing, and today I played “Undead Horde”. That last one isn’t finished yet, since it just released in EA, but I’m in love with both :smiley:

That’s by the Neon Chrome people right? Happy to hear it is coming along nicely.