Raffle 6: Gaming Gold

Thank you for another raffle :heart: I think Everquest would be the game I’d have to pick in this circumstance. It’s more about looking back at realizing how far MMORPGs have come and it’s kind of awesome to have been able to play something like that when it was first around. Granted, I tried P99 and couldn’t even get to level 5 after hours. But I love that nostalgic feeling of knowing, HEY I TRAINED TO ZONE.

D. :tickets: :tickets: :tickets:
E. :tickets: :tickets:
H.:tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets:
MEGA. :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets:

6 Likes

Yall are too kind as always!

Snafu for the Intellivision . Growing up and being the youngest, I had to wait my turn to play games. And for some reason I just loved Snafu. It might have been the colors or the music , I don’t know . But it’s one of my CLEAR gaming memories of always asking an adult to put the cartridge in so I can play that game. I guess it’s one of my earlier memories of needing to depend on someone since I was too stupid to figure out how to get the game in. Either way, I still catch myself humming the different songs here and there lol.

D: :tickets: :tickets:
E: :tickets:
H: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets:
Mega: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets:

8 Likes

I have the fondest memories of gibs poetically arcing overhead after perfectly timed frags in Quake and Quake II deathmatch.

E. :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets:
I. :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets:
J. :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets:

Thanks for the giveaway!

5 Likes

another one???
i wasnt going to compete in this one since i won in the last one you did, but some of these games are so juicy and i cant help myself…

anyways thanks for doing these

6 Likes

IIRC you won Kentucky Route Zero… I’m still Waiting for your thoughts on it as it’s another game I have a strong emotional connection to…

@ohko check your PMs. :+1:

6 Likes

yes, i’m still playing it, haven’t progressed too far, but for now the atmosphere is amazing, it’s somehow unnerving and soothing at the same time…

edit: just seen your post, will get back to you when i get a bit deeper in the story

7 Likes

like i promised

here are my entries:
E :tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets:
H :tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets:
I :tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets:

there are several games which i feel strongly about, and the reasons are quite different…

one of them is diablo 2. first of all that game is a classic, and is one of the best arpgs ever. the atmosphere is amazing and the story is great. its just one of those games my friend and i discovered in a pc playroom at that time (dunno if its the right name, but back in early 2000s we had these places where you’d go and pay to play pc for an hour, similar to arcades but not quite, all of those pcs were connected over lan, and it was great times.

most of the times we didnt have money tho but wed just come there and watch others play, and thats where we saw an older guy playing that game and just watched for hours asking questions. later on we got the game and i remember we were playing in turns, 1 level each or something like that. it was just a perfect game in a perfect time of my life. we played this game for years down the road…

some other games i feel strongly about are the old dos games. when i was even younger (preschool and 1st grade) my father bought a pc 386 for my mother to work on. and i remember i was rarely allowed on that thing for an hour or two max at a time. my father thought me how to enter games through dos, or norton commander and it was just magical. the whole thing. i even loved just goofing around in norton commander. even though the games were beautiful themselves back then, i think that time of my life was even more beautiful than the games. even more magical.

i remember them all like it was yesterday, still play some occasionally. where in the world is carmen sandiego, the incredible machine, captain keen, halloween harry, the dune. THE DUNE MAN, maybe my favorite game of all times (maybe this game is the reason i love deserts, who knows…). titus the fox, dangerous dave 1 and 2, raptor call of shadows, pinball fantasies, battle bugs and many more. oh man those were the days, and some games.
lol, this talk made me wanna go back now…

thanks for the giveaway and gl guys!!!

8 Likes

Thank you for another raffle :heart:
A game I have very fond memories of is Citizen Kabuto I thought it was pretty amazing done game for the time. I used to play it as a kid. it’s pretty Quirky and funny and was one of the first games I beat as a kid

A :tickets:
E :tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets:
F :tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets:

5 Likes

Heyyo… favorite game moment is from my favorite game Fallout 3, it was when i stepped into the purification chamber and sacrificed myself for the overall good, just like the father.
I would like to enter please for :
A :tickets::tickets:
E :tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets:
L :tickets::tickets::tickets:
MEGA :tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets:

GOOD LUCK ALL

5 Likes

There are two games that I’ll never forget and will always love and keep close to my heart. First one is Battlefield Bad Company 2. This game was my first war game. I was 8 years old when I got it. I played the crap out of that game. I beat the singleplayer about 5 times before I discovered that my PS3 could connect to the internet then I played even more online. To this day I’ve beaten the game about 12 times. This game was an awesome take on the Battlefield franchise, with a comedic singleplayer story, awesome and well balanced multiplayer, and just overall fun. You don’t see gameplay as good as this game anymore in the new battlefield games. I’m really hoping all these bad company 3 rumors are true. Anyway, the next game is Skyrim. This was another game I played a ton of. I’ve at this point probably clocked in almost 3k hours across PS3, 4 and PC. I used to always go to around level 90 and restart. I’ve made so. many characters a bunch of them were super minor like this one character that I had named Skenvar. He was a wood elf who would only chop wood. I took the race name a little to literally. But my little chile min found it entertaining. This is another game that I’ll never forget and will always be close to my heart.

Only going to enter for the one. Not really interested in the others.

L. :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets:

5 Likes

Heey, thanks for organizing another raffle, and thanks to all the donators involved! I’ll try this one, maybe I’m lucky. :slight_smile:
I just realized I own almost all of the other games, so I hope it’s okay if I bet all my 15 tickets on Everspace.

MEGA: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets: :tickets:

Also, I’d be happy to donate a key or two for the next raffle, I still got so many in store from Humble and Fanatical that would appreciate a loving home in a fellow Chronie’s Steam library :heart:

5 Likes

A game I have a strong emotional connection to?
Torment: Tides of Numenera. Emotion evoked: Anticipation, boredom and disappointment. Kickstarted this thing after the great promises of how they wanted to make something in the vein of Planescape Torment. Well they failed miserably and clearly demonstrated that they did not understand what made that game so great. Maybe should have realized that when they started marketing the game by how much writing they’ve managed to jam into it. Not a word about how GOOD the writing was, just that there was a lot of it. And by golly there was, never ending writing everywhere and all of it trash. Resentment, that’s a related emotion as well.

MEGA: :tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets: (15)

7 Likes

I still remember playing a game of 90 minutes with my brother in the super soccer :soccer: (snes) the same day we bought the game.
In the end I won 3-1 :yum:

F.:tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets:
MEGA.:tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets:

4 Likes

I’m back :smiley:
Thanks for all!
Good Luck Everyone!

The game is 1941 (arcade), the only game that i played whit all my familly <3

C.:tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets:
E.:tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets:
H .:tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets::tickets:

4 Likes

My apologies for the late roll.

@discobot roll 8d16

4 Likes

:game_die: 7, 14, 13, 8, 3, 2, 3, 16

2 Likes

Entries are now locked.

I will verify entries and process the results today or tomorrow morning.

Thanks to everyone who entered :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Thanks for making these great giveaways @ohko :heart:

5 Likes

:stars: :stars: :stars: :stars: :stars: :stars: :stars: :stars: :stars: :stars: :stars: :stars: :stars: :stars: :stars: :stars: :stars: :stars: :stars: :stars:

The results are in… :incoming_envelope: :point_left:

:gift: Winner Chance Sponsor
Attack of the Earthlings MCharbel 9.5% RaccoonV
Cube Runner Danacscott 66.7% persistnt
Gremlins PeteMcc 33.3%
Kimmy CreatureFeet 6.7%
Redeemer themadmax 10.9% RaccoonV
Satellite Reign Danacscott 12.8%
Spin Rush DimTheDin 100.0% persistnt
SteamWorld Heist urbivore 9.7%
Sundered Decipherer 11.3% elrodiel
The Journey Down: Chapter 3 ljrounds 20.0%
The Turing Test Halcypher 22.6% elrodiel
Tomb Radier (2013) MCharbel 5.4%
EVERSPACE (Deluxe + Encounters DLC) YQMaoski 1.6% RaccoonV

Ticket stats :bar_chart:

41 total entries with 589 tickets

:gift: :tickets: Total
Attack of the Earthlings 21 3.57%
Cube Runner 3 0.51%
Gremlins 21 3.57%
Kimmy 15 2.55%
Redeemer 64 10.87%
Satellite Reign 39 6.62%
Spin Rush 1 0.17%
SteamWorld Heist 72 12.22%
Sundered 62 10.53%
The Journey Down: Chapter 3 20 3.40%
The Turing Test 31 5.26%
Tomb Radier (2013) 56 9.51%
EVERSPACE (Deluxe + Encounters DLC) 184 31.24%

Winners

Please send me a PM to claim your prize. Unclaimed prizes will be re-raffled in 72 hours.

Disqualified

@ :fairy:
Mosky did not share a game
E3526017 did not share a game
magnumopus did not share a game

See you next time

Thank you all for participating. The upcoming Raffle 7 will be hosted soon

:pray:

14 Likes

There clearly must be a typo, I don’t see my name up there. :wink:

Thanks for the giveaway @ohko, and all who donated games as well! (@RaccoonV, @persistnt, @elrodiel) ’

8 Likes