Raffle 1: The Division, 7 Days to Die, Dungeons 3, Old Man's Journey, The Long Dark

Thank you for the giveaway! :blush:

@mert 3 3 3 3 3

3 tickets for The Division
3 tickets for 7 Days to Die
3 tickets for Dungeons 3
3 ticket for Old Man’s Journey
3 tickets for The Long Dark

7 Likes

@choujiacheng 6 0 4 3 2

5 Likes

Thanks alot for the giveaway :smile_cat:

@rakada 0 7 0 0 7

5 Likes

Indeed, sometimes I read post in the community but i never think of joining. Finally with this post i decided to do so

8 Likes

And those are the people I’d hope to capture. This community has more members than registered users, and I really want to include those people. The not-so-subtle trick becomes including people in your position and weeding out the fraudsters and cheaters. At any rate, I’m happy we were able to squeeze you in for this raffle. I hope we can figure out something for the next round to capture even more new registrants.

:family_man_woman_boy::family_man_woman_girl::family_man_woman_girl_boy::family_man_woman_boy_boy::family_man_woman_girl_girl::family_man_man_girl_boy::family_man_man_boy::family_man_woman_girl_girl::family_man_man_boy_boy::family_woman_woman_boy::family_man_man_girl_girl::family_woman_woman_girl::family_woman_woman_girl_boy::family_man_woman_girl::family_man_woman_boy::family_man_man_girl_girl::family_man_man_boy::family_man_woman_girl_girl::family_man_man_girl_boy::family_man_man_boy_boy::family_man_man_girl::family_man_man_boy::family_man_woman_girl_girl::family_man_man_girl_girl::family_woman_woman_boy::family_man_woman_boy::family_woman_woman_girl::family_woman_woman_girl_girl::family_man_woman_boy_boy::family_woman_woman_boy_boy::family_man_man_girl_boy:

7 Likes

I’m delighted to announce that the raffle program has been equipped with a Pseudorandom Number Generator (PRNG) that can now take a dice roll from discobot and provide a deterministic raffle result! That means y’all can verify that results are indeed picked fairly and not by any other means.

So when it comes time for the drawing, I’ll summon a roll of 8d16 (32-bits) and the result will be printed here in the thread for everyone to see. It will look something like this -

:game_die: 12, 7, 11, 12, 5, 7, 6, 11

We take these eight (8) dice rolls and create a seed for the PRNG. This simple-but-mighty generator will generate over 4.3 billion unique random values before repeating itself. That’s insufficient for applications like cryptography but more than enough for our humble raffle; at least until we get more entries :sweat_smile:

For those interested, check out the source code to verify the results for yourself by clicking Run at the top. No matter how many times you run the program, the same roll will provide the same output - this is the effect of a deterministic PRNG. Only when you change one or more roll values will the output change! This is true transparency :mag:

Compare that to the first version of the program which has a different result each time it is run. This is a bad scenario because it relies on you trusting me to be honest about the drawing. Of course I would be, but now there’s no second guessing it.

Both winners and losers alike can sleep soundly knowing that your fate lies in the hands of discobot :skull:

speaking of sleeping soundly, I can finally go to bed now that this is done…

8 Likes

@MrAlucard89 0 0 0 0 7

Thank you for the giveaway! :grinning:

5 Likes

Hi! Thanks for this giveaway :slight_smile:

My wish:

7 0 0 1 7

4 Likes

The Day 1 of 2 results are in. Over 30 entries and more than 400 tickets have been counted. Like most raffles, you can see the buckets start to fill up as the raffles goes on. I won’t give precise numbers (it’s not hard to add up if you really want to do it yourself) but I will provide rough ideas of how the tickets are getting spread out.

• A fewest tickets
  • B tied for 2nd
  • C tied for 2nd
  • D tied for 1st
  • E tied for 1st

Keep the entries coming! ok seriously going to bed now.

6 Likes

I only got certified lately lol you can be an active member at level 3 and never do that tutorial XD its so long
also never knew where it was b4

5 Likes

@dogetail I figured this might be the case for many people. The Certified badge would only be a baseline requirement in lieu of other verifiable factors. Thanks for mentioning it :pray:

8 Likes

I am sorry about the 2 weeks. But it took several giveaways to get to that point because of the cheaters, If you check our older giveaways we changed rules several times. We did a lot of experimenting between the lot of us.In my older giveaways before we became “The Group”, I even had a requirement that they had to have their profile “gussied up”. And with a week restriction we found that people joined and then waited for the week(Our giveaways were usually a week.) then the last day of the giveaway, entered. Maybe go for 8 days…I just don’t know.

10 Likes

Er… what tutorial is this? lol Been here a little while and don’t know that of which you speak. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

ask Discobot for some help. :wink:

5 Likes

Like this…

@discobot help

3 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

5 Likes

your giveaway, your rules, man, has nothing to do with trust imo, if u ask me it’s no one’s business how u choose the winners in the first place

I, in fact, have had several giveaways where I’ve chosen the winners simply based on my subjective judgment of whose answer was best or most suited my initial intention when i simply asked them to answer a particular question or another.

10 Likes

In the rules of the raffle, I set the undertone of fairness and integrity. I chose to make it people’s business :sweat_smile:

And there’s nothing wrong with that! I could ask “Share your favourite food” and tell people I’m choosing the winner based on the food I like best. Or I could ask “Share your favourite food” and not tell them why I’m asking. I completely agree it’s up to the giver to set the rules :clap:

It was my choice to talk about transparency in the raffle rules from the onset. I wanted entrants to know the criteria for how the winners would be picked. This comment isn’t meant to attack the way other giveaways are run, it’s meant to educate people on why the prototype raffle program did not provide actual transparency :woman_student:

I also chose the word raffle to describe my giveaway. The premise of a raffle is that the winners are drawn at random, and not by other subjective means. The updated raffle program shows winners are truly determined discobot’s dice roll. At the end of each raffle, a full copy of the program will be provided so anyone can run the results with the entrant data and the dice roll to verify the results.

Providing the program has an added bonus too: Have you ever played a game where you so badly needed to roll a specific number and then failed to get that result? “What if…” thinkers will be able to change the dice to see which dice roll would’ve determined the result they desired. “OMG I was so close! if the second number was a 5, I would’ve won!” :weary:

11 Likes

I’m down for a blood test, just drain my being.

6 Likes

Oops, sorry about that. :disappointed_relieved:
As I said, my idea of ‘cute’ tends to differ from the norm, but I can understand if that’s not your thing.

6 Likes