Back to Today's Deal

Portal Knights - 3/23/20 - $6.99

Today’s deal is Portal Knights!

game-og-image%20(58)

Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/374040/Portal_Knights/

Description:

THE OTHER SIDE

The warrior and the ranger approach the ancient stone archway with their portal blocks in hand, placing them one by one into the space beneath the arch until a glowing doorway opens before them. Then, the warrior, who against advice from his friend the mage, began to think. “So, they say anything can be on the other side of that portal.”

The ranger unconsciously pulls his bow out from around his shoulders, nocks an arrow, and aims it straight into the unknown. “My money’s on hot dog people who pay each other for things with flowers.”

The warrior was confused. “What? Why would that be the…what made you think of that?”

“I don’t know, it was the first thing that came to mind.”

“You know the last portal we went through just led to like, a desert, right?”

“I mean sure, but if ANYTHING can be through there, I’m gunning for flower-obsessed hot dog people.”

“Okay…I mean, just out of curiosity, why go with that instead of say, a world no one lives in where all the dirt is piles of gold coins?”

“I mean, that seems a little ridiculous, doesn’t it?”

“How is that any more ridiculous than sentient sausages with a floral economy?”

The ranger thought about it for a second. “I guess it just seems a little too good to be true. I like the hot dog idea because it’s just weird enough to be believable, I guess.”

“Are you excited to like, eat them? Or is it purely just something neat that you want to see?”

“A little of both, though, if hot dogs could talk, it would be pretty screwed up to eat one…”

The warrior slapped his forehead with his mighty hands and stepped through the portal without saying another word. The ranger got serious and leveled his bow. Seconds later, the warrior came back through with a smug look on his face. “It’s just a snow area.”

The ranger played it cool. “Oh, uh…nice. Even…uh…even better I guess.”

The official trailer for Portal Knights:

Our favorite Steam reviews:

As always, use this thread to discuss this deal, talk about the game and find other people to play with!
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Don’t get this game for the story or for “minecraft with quests”, it’s not especially good at anything but looking really neat. Well, and building in creative mode is okay I suppose. I had more nitpicks, but it’s been a while since I decided it’s not worth my time (I did spent like 10h in this)

Experience in coop may differ, as I’m mostly a strict solo player :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Quite a variety of environments. The trailer itself shows so many different colours, both bright and dark.