Back to Today's Deal

Oh the Places You'll Go! (US Edition)

Yeah, seriously, right?

You really did give them good tries, and good job actually making the names sound more or less good. :slight_smile:

Some of those sound nothing like how they are written, the one people always use as an example is Worcester. It’s pronounced “wooster.”

L I E S

America, why are you like this? :woman_facepalming:

ty for the feedback though ((:

No problem :slight_smile: I’m too touchy as of lately as well … too many negative interactions with people i guess. Peace

no worries, written language doesn’t convey intentions and moods very well, which often can lead to misunderstandings etc.

This, right here, is a huge mood.

I feel you, Silly.

Someone should’ve told me about this!

So that’s what you sound like :no_mouth: it’s like when I heard @YQMaoski’s videos for the first time. It’s weird/interesting/nice to put voices to your names though seeing as I’ve been talking to you all for well over a year.

I think the biggest problems with those names is you essentially have to pronounce them with a northern accent. At least in the south if you generally say it with a twang you’re saying it right.

Alright, here’s the states I think I need:

Alabama
Arkansas (this can get checked off the list in June so PRIORITY!)
Connecticut
Delaware
Michigan
Mississippi
New Jersey
Ohio
Oklahoma
Pennsylvania (entertain ideas)
South Carolina
Texas
Virginia
West Virginia
Wisconsin

West Virginia but not Virginia!? A travesty.

I know you’ve been there before but it’s my favorite state what can I say.

Edit: Definitely would take more recommendations. I actually skipped over it when I passed over Vermont.

Off of the top of my head Colonial Williamsburg is a pretty nice place to visit for a day, Maymont in Richmond is super nice as well. The Shenandoah valley is a beautiful spot, and so is Mount Vernon and Monticello (George Washington’s and Thomas Jefferson’s homes, respectively). For other historical places there is Jamestown settlement.

There’s more I’m sure but I have assignments due so I can’t think too well right now.