Oh the Places You'll Go! (US Edition)

Yeah, seriously, right?

You really did give them good tries, and good job actually making the names sound more or less good. :slight_smile:

Some of those sound nothing like how they are written, the one people always use as an example is Worcester. It’s pronounced “wooster.”

4 Likes

L I E S

America, why are you like this? :woman_facepalming:

ty for the feedback though ((:

4 Likes

No problem :slight_smile: I’m too touchy as of lately as well … too many negative interactions with people i guess. Peace

6 Likes

no worries, written language doesn’t convey intentions and moods very well, which often can lead to misunderstandings etc.

5 Likes

This, right here, is a huge mood.

I feel you, Silly.

1 Like

Someone should’ve told me about this!

2 Likes

So that’s what you sound like :no_mouth: it’s like when I heard @YQMaoski’s videos for the first time. It’s weird/interesting/nice to put voices to your names though seeing as I’ve been talking to you all for well over a year.

I think the biggest problems with those names is you essentially have to pronounce them with a northern accent. At least in the south if you generally say it with a twang you’re saying it right.

3 Likes

Alright, here’s the states I think I need:

Alabama
Arkansas (this can get checked off the list in June so PRIORITY!)
Connecticut
Delaware
Michigan
Mississippi
New Jersey
Ohio
Oklahoma
Pennsylvania (entertain ideas)
South Carolina
Texas
Virginia
West Virginia
Wisconsin

2 Likes

West Virginia but not Virginia!? A travesty.

I know you’ve been there before but it’s my favorite state what can I say.

2 Likes

Edit: Definitely would take more recommendations. I actually skipped over it when I passed over Vermont.

3 Likes

Off of the top of my head Colonial Williamsburg is a pretty nice place to visit for a day, Maymont in Richmond is super nice as well. The Shenandoah valley is a beautiful spot, and so is Mount Vernon and Monticello (George Washington’s and Thomas Jefferson’s homes, respectively). For other historical places there is Jamestown settlement.

There’s more I’m sure but I have assignments due so I can’t think too well right now.

2 Likes

Update on this.

Pathing is almost complete. Only issue is that NorthEast is a tad too long. So I have to consider what to nix and what to keep.

Estimates are as follows:
NW - 6000 Miles, 3 weeks
SW - 6300 Miles, 3 weeks
NE - 6600 Miles, 3-4 weeks
SE - 5600 Miles, 3 weeks

here is a closer look:

Trip Planned North First

Trip planned West first

Trip planned South First

Trip planned North First - Time (October)

6 Likes

@Pylinaer You gonna need a lot of food, lol. Going with a buddy? If you’re going to drive, that’s a good bit to do.

2 Likes

Food will be accounted for in a per day allowance style.

Currently just myself.

And yup driving. Approximately a week of pure drive.

3 Likes

Phew. Don’t forget to take breaks. Driving long distances can be quite tiring.

3 Likes

I feel like It really depends on the road. I-70 from KCMO to STL is SUPER tiring and it’s only 3 hours. In comparison, I-35 from KCMO to Des Moines is barely anything and it’s also 3 hours. Just lots less traffic.

I’ve done an Up to MN and back (total 12 hours or so) in a single day. So it’s doable.

4 Likes

fair enough. I’m considering making a trip up to Michigan (12-13 hours or so) later this year for some fishing, I’m hoping the traffic isn’t crazy to get there.

3 Likes

I’m not sure. I didn’t find Nashville to be too bad, but then again I was around there during Thanksgiving time. Just watch out for potholes in Michigan.

4 Likes

I was hoping to get this started next year, but that’s unlikely unless some magic happens.

Not as far on student loans as I hoped. Add in car maintenance and/or new car and it’s looking like 2 years

4 Likes