Back to Today's Deal

New Shop Games - 9/20/19

newshopgames092019-header

DWARVES AND DEMONS

While everyone else is focused on aliens and their special “Area,” we wanted to focus on more mundane, down-to-earth creatures, like dwarves and demons. Aliens are just so played out, so common and boring. Have you ever heard of a secret government military base holding dwarven technology? How about high-tech footage from an F35 of showing the possible existence of demons? No, I didn’t think so. That might make you think neither of them exist, but we got proof right here fam:

• Regions Of Ruin
    Regions of Ruin is a 2D pixel side-scrolling RPG with town-building, where you explore, fight and build into an open world that progressively challenges you and your settlement, and threatens the extinction of the dwarven race.
  • Tormentor❌Punisher
    Everything in Tormentor❌Punisher can be killed in one hit, from bosses to yourself. Bosses conjure traps to make the arena hellish. Demons adjust to your play style and punish you. Perform combos on enemies and gain cool upgrades. Reload your machine gun by firing your shotgun. Let’s do this!

See you at Area 52.

If I didn’t already own, I would definitely get Regions of Ruin!

^ Same. Love it to pieces. The’re working on a sequel, too. :slight_smile:

I bought Regions of Ruin but when I tried to redeem it on Steam realized I already had it x)

So here you have, if someone wants it: 3DR6K-TR5BD-JC5F4 (Edit: Someone already picked it, sorry :P)

Someone must have gotten it already since I tried to get it. Would like to get the game, but I find the game to cost way more coins than it should even though the game looks pretty good. I swear these games coin prices are starting to get ridiculous.

Already own both of them ;(

Regions of Ruin is worth it. Played it for 16h to completion, it’s like a 2D Skyrim - story + random loot

Kinda tempted to grab regions of ruin but I don’t know. Seems i’ll have time to think on it tho.

Guys:

I’m absolutely not sure if I should get Regions or not. It looks cool, but also it reminds me too much of Terraria – which I dislike. Is there farming or things like that?

I’m going out with a friend for a cold one right now :beers: but will be back in 3 hours-ish… if anyone has any compelling arguments for/against Regions considering my whole Terraria dilemma I’d be SUPER GRATEFUL. :yellow_heart:

I hope this isn’t asking too much… @Enki @Rhyagelle … help?

Same dilemma - is it worth it?

I’ve only played it for a little time but I can say for certain it is not at all like Terraria. What little I’ve played I have not greatly enjoyed though, but I feel it still warrants a proper sit down to let it change my mind some day.

What do you mean, Terraria is G R E A T

@coralinecastell @Buzzyboii
But no, there’s no farming, only some management (wood, minerals and food gathering, but it’s mostly automated). If anything, it looks more like Kingdom: New Lands, but you get to swing your axe instead of just running away in your steed. Lots of exploration and fighting, some puzzle solving as well. Your character has a skill tree that you can specialize in different fighting styles.

@coralinecastell

There’s no farming and it is nothing like Terraria (which I love also), you just manage resources through villagers and a menu. You can send your people out to get food etc and as you roam, you can collect food.

Do I think it is a good game? Yes, I do. I love the game a lot. I bought it at full price and enjoyed all 36 hours I played on Steam (bought it for my sis on GOG and play it a lot there too lol) and loved it so much I activity pushed my suggestions to the dev to help with its growth. I don’t know if you will find it worth the hard earned coins though. The game often goes on sale for, what, $1-2 dollars? Especially here on this site?

If you have the extra coin, I’d say get it. If you don’t, save your coin and just wait for the next Steam sale, because it’ll for sure go on a great sale there and you can support the devs.

I though it was… okay, I guess. I don’t feel like I wasted my time, but I don’t have any desire to go back to it, either. A number of reviews for it make comparisons to Kingdom, but I did not get that feel at all (you’re not defending a base against attacks). There were some things I liked (artwork, atmosphere) and others I didn’t (platform puzzles, clicker minigame). YMMV.

Thanks everyone for all the thoughts and feedback, it’s greatly appreciated! I own it now :yellow_heart:

Wanna try it soon to see whether I see some of the charm mentioned or note. You chronies are the crème de la crème.

Oof. I’m thinking about just saving my coins for the next coin shop games. Enjoy the game, @coralinecastell!

Everyone’s talking about Regions of Ruin, and I am just here going ‘Man Tormentor x Punisher? That’s a great game’.

Metal like Brutal legend, but instead of having some dodgy RTS gameplay stuffed into the game it is just a fun arena/survival based game with fun little challenges tucked inside it, oh and it’s couch co-op.

You’re not alone! I love Tormentor X Punisher since I saw how much depth it can have. I loved the style since the beginning, but I didn’t notice how you can upgrade your gun with combos (wallies, so long, etc.) and then the game keeps changing and getting harder.

@hivefleetbothan and @Fanzo

I’m going to have to look at that game again. So pleased when I made a trade for Brutal Legend - da music - meow!

What’s your gameplay been like? Is it okay for someone not used to playing or is it play difficult? Anything you can tell me, I’m curious and grateful. Thanks.

So, the gameplay is a fairly standard twin-stick, top-down arena shooter, you have WASD (or controller left stick) to move, and the mouse (or right stick) to aim, you have two different guns (firing with left mouse shoots your rifle, firing with right shoots the shotgun, with a controller it uses the two analog sticks). The two guns behave differently, shooting the shotgun reloads the rifle, shooting the rifle reloads the shotgun. The final bullet in the rifle clip shoots with a flame effect, and the shotgun bullets bounce off walls.

Everything (including you) dies in 1 hit, but enemies change up how they can be hit (there are shield enemies that can only be hit from the sides/behind). The goal is to survive, and at set time increments a boss monster spawns. Just like everything else they die in 1 hit, but they have some wonky rules about when/where they have to be hit. These must be worked out through trial and error, but while they are alive they have all sorts of attacks that alter the arena (permanent barriers, death traps etc.)

You can upgrade yourself by fulfilling little challenges, each of which gives you a specific upgrade, WALLIE is earned by killing 8? enemies (I think) with shotgun bullets that ricochet off at least 1 surface. When you earn WALLIE your shotgun bullets have longer bounce time. There are all sorts of others and I absolutely didn’t earn all of them.

In couch co-op, one player is controlling the ‘Space Marine’ and the other controls a purple ghost-worm.

In terms of play-ability the game is very challenging, expect death in both numerous forms and levels of rage-inducing anger. However, with 2 button presses you are right back into it, so I have definitely wiled away hours on the game. I found it to be very fun… But I am a very special kind of person.