Back to Today's Deal

New Shop Games - 11/16/18

Giving away on steamgift means they get Contributor Value for copies thus leveling up so to say, though thankfully cg caught up with most of those tricksters and nullified any CV gain they would get

Basically dont fool yourself thinking those ppl do it out of kindness and not because they wanna farm CV, basically value of games given away which helps them entering higher level giveaways.

If it was done with genuine charitable mind,they would do it in other way round, not with a system from which they directly benefit themselves.

You do realize some people are either at work, school or asleep during the hour they release the games right? So saying it wouldn’t be more fair to release them in batches over the day isn’t true.

It is literally impossible for some people to be on during certain parts of the day unless they either skip sleeping or skip work or school.

Well, nuts. Missed Hammerwatch. Put a lot of time solo and with a friend on the original, still on my watchlist for a possible sale this winter.

Welp…life isn’t always fair. You can make suggestions as to how to improve fairness, but sometimes it just isn’t going to be the best solution for everyone involved.

Free stuff always has a catch. We hope that people will be fair, and that people will respect others by not abusing systems, but we all know that will never happen. Usually th easiest way to make things fair for something like this is to do it with the least variables possible. Namely, doing it at the same time everyday so you know exactly the second you can do it.

The only thing I would suggest is that they possibly just do it at one time one day and 12 hours from that time the next time so it alternates, but you see that adds another variable and more to complain about. Then people would complain that they kept getting games they didn’t want for “their” 12 hour period.

Gotta keep it simple. If you want FREE things bad enough you always have to make an effort to figure out how.

I think you missed the reason(s) why do you think that would be worse, you just said keys are gonna eventually be purchased. Why is not being fair to all regions in the internet good? Sure, regional pricing goes first but, well, that, you just forget to add the reason.

Ay, don’t misconstrue my disappointment with missing Hammerwatch with assuming I’m wanting a change to the system. If anything I want the coin price to go up (or more keys available is nice too), but I know the rules - games drop Friday morning, typically my busiest time but I’m not complaining.

One minor suggestion for coin shop: maybe secure some DLC content for popular major games that you’ve helped sell in the past, like Gal Civ 3, XCOM2, Dark Souls III? Specifically because it’ll automatically be restricted to those that own the base game, thus encouraging people to buy more base games if they know they can add on some DLC for coins. I’d love the Crimson Court expansion for Darkest Dungeon, but was waiting for $5 price point.

Went to work then bought groceries. Missed Hammerwatch. That’s a shame…

Nooooo! I missed Heros! I have 18k coins and I missed it! Come on! :frowning: well enjoy it guys. sobs in corner

Shame the games were late :sob:

its a slippery slope basically
once you cater to the crowd screaming about unfairness and give in to them, they will continue on and on.

Simple question: do you think Valve artifically extends its sales periods so that everyone can buy those games?

And before you tell me its not the same idea: it very much is.

As it was repeated million times: its not possible to make things fair for everyone as there always will be someone feeling left out.

With limited supply of keys, extending it in regards of timezones is no guarantee you would get a key regardless, if there is like 20k ppl trying to grab 10k keys at the similar timeframe.

I would have liked to buy Hammerwatch this time around but I was asleep at the time and couldn’t, oh well no big deal.

However.
Yes the single release point of keys is not fair, staggering the release of keys would make it more fair and give people around the globe a fairer chance at getting one.

Slippery slope is a really silly thing to say here, it’s not an argument and it ads nothing to the discussion. To make it one you’d have to define what it is you fear it will lead to and demonstrate how one change will inevitably lead to the undesirable situation you’ve discovered.

Plenty of other limited stock sales platforms utilize staggered release schemes in order to make it possible for people unable to hit the store the same minute the thing come available. There is no reason it could not be done for chrono.

As it stands the limited stock is pretty much earmarked for Chrono’s European userbase. Keys releasing at an almost optimal time for most of us on this side of the Atlantic while happening a bit past lunchtime for east coasters and mid morning for the most westward Americans. Why not save half the stock and release it 12h later?

Sure that would make it harder for Europeans to get a key as we’d grab the now smaller stock of keys even faster, maybe you’ll feel that’s unfair to you then? But that would just be us being used to the preferential treatment.

Sure “life isn’t fair” and of course nothing is ever going to be perfectly fair but that’s not an argument against trying to increase fairness. It’s not an all or nothing sort of deal.

whats not broken doesnt need fixing and the all key distribution is NOT broken.

The moment they would copy this raffle nonse that orlygift does is the moment me (and likely many other ppl as well) would stop bothering with the coin shop altogether.

If we are to come down at this argument, the system is also seemingly “unfair” against ppl who arrive home late from work, against ppl to cannot be at home when the coin shop games gets released etc etc.
I could also list good amount of cases how for example Alienware giveaways are unfair toward European users but i dont because at the end of the day, these are games, not life necessities.

Nothing stopping ppl living in other timezones to time it in order to grab keys first, btw. I also missed out on coin shop games, yet you dont see me complaining about it and demanding Chrono staff to change the system as a result.

Neither me or you or anyone else is “entitled” for free stuff, let alone to have the coin shop releases timed specifically for them.

People should realise that lack of convenient options for them is NOT equal lack of options. First come, first served, alternatively you can just trade for it or buy it directly.

But i rather not have them going down the slippery slope of trying to please everyone while ending up screwing the majority of other users who moreless are happy with the system.

Indeed, yeah? Well that’s certainly a new interesting perspective on the whole thing, I’m glad we had this discussion.

Gotta love when people put words in my mouth without reading what i said previously and immediately jump on conclusions

and your idea basically sums up in: im angry that things dont go my way so they should change it so that it conveniently fits me.

Grow up a bit please as quite frankly you are extremely childish. Bloody hell, the fuss people make over not being able to grab a 12 dollar game…

Here, the store page for it: https://store.steampowered.com/app/677120/Heroes_of_Hammerwatch/

You failed to make any kind of argument to support your position so there’s really nothing left for me to say.

"If we are to come down at this argument, the system is also seemingly “unfair” against ppl who arrive home late from work, against ppl to cannot be at home when the coin shop games gets released etc etc.
I could also list good amount of cases how for example Alienware giveaways are unfair toward European users but i dont because at the end of the day, these are games, not life necessities.

Nothing stopping ppl living in other timezones to time it in order to grab keys first, btw. I also missed out on coin shop games, yet you dont see me complaining about it and demanding Chrono staff to change the system as a result.

Neither me or you or anyone else is “entitled” for free stuff, let alone to have the coin shop releases timed specifically for them."

There you go

The fact that you get so overly upset over a stupid video game speak miles especially when you feel the need to lowkey insult people who refute your points.
Do you know whats the difference between you and me? i dont complain just because if the system happened not to be in my favor and I would face it and move on.

If i manage to get a game i wanted to get from the coin shop: great. If not then maybe next time i will get lucky. You dont see me going around demanding for the world to change for me.

Tatsuya, there’s nothing wrong with your argument on this topic or your opinion on the system as a whole, but please edit your post to keep things civil. There’s no need for rudeness or name calling and it will just cause you difficulties.

It’s great to discuss these things, but less so if the discussion devolves into causing offence. I enjoy reading other views, but let’s just keep it friendly.

okay, sorry about that

I really try my hardest to be civil but I dont take it kindly when people are accusing me of saying things I never said or even implied.

Then again Ill be the better person in this. I said my piece, if people really think Im not being as unbiased as I humanly can: theres not much i can do.

@Fraggles: we can keep going in circles around this and never really reach into a conclusion so lets just all agree to disagree. I gave you plenty of rundown as to why I dont think the system can be fixed to make everyone happy

The only thing that’s upsetting here is that you seem to think you’ve refuted something.

All or nothing sentiment, pointless to engage with.

Just blatantly false.

Mostly name calling and straw manning, no one has made this claim.

Sounds like projecting to me.

It IS in fact in favour for me. My argument is not for my own sake but for that of others.

No you’re demanding the world remain unchanged for you, same thing really.

All or nothing, again. Just because you can’t make something perfect doesn’t mean you can’t try to make it better.