New Gaming Headset

I am sure you have done your research already, I am thinking I might go back to a wired headset after my current one goes, though that might be a while…

This article is from 9 days ago and might help give you some other options…

5 Likes

I can personally attest to the quality of the Arctis series Steelseries headsets. Personally I have the Arctis 5. Shortly after I bought them a buddy of mine bought them on my recommendation and has loved them. He eventually bought his brother the Arctis 7. It’s a fantastic series of headsets, but that’s pretty typical of Steelseries in my experience.

Personally I didn’t want to pay the extra money for the cosmetic features of the 7 vs 5.

The only issue we all experienced (my buddies and myself) is on rare occasions they need to be unplugged from the computer and plugged back in because for some weird reason only 1 side will output sound when sound devices are swapped. This is very rare. I’ve had it happen maybe 3 or 4 times in the 4+ years I’ve been using them. This also could be a windows issue and nothing related to the headsets themselves.

The dual sound channels is fantastic. One chat channel and one game channel. The balance module that comes on thecord helps balance the sound volumes between the two on the fly has been extremely helpful.

4 Likes

I’m pretty heavily leaning to one of the SteelSeries headsets currently.

4 Likes

that’s for sure a windows 10 issue cuz i have the same problem with my logitech speakers. happens quite often to me (often after switching to headset and going back, for example, and sometimes even immediately when switching on pc) and very annoying

5 Likes

You seriously cannot go wrong with Steelseries, and if anything happens? Amazing support at the ready to make it right. For your budget, I wouldn’t recommend anything under the 7s because the same money could get you something way better. And yes, 7 is better than 1 in many aspects. They share the same driver, but it delivers differently. You also get far better comfort and build out of the 7s.

However, if you got the budget, I would seriously suggest the wireless HyperX Cloud IIs, or the wired I guess (but keep in mind, if the wire goes, your headset goes and they go faster than wireless), IF you cannot get Arctis 7s.

2 Likes

does the headset work (and not have static). without using the dumpster fire of a software Corsair calls iCUE?

If so, I would drop iCUE.

I mean unless you can’t live without RGB

3 Likes

I haven’t actually had a problem with icue yet, but i also like it for my keyboard. If I had to disable the RGB stuff just to lose the static sound, I’d still send the headset back.

3 Likes

I doubt it is the software. Some heads are just broken. If you ordered another one, it would probably be a good unit from a good batch. It sucks these things happen and sour the opinion of products. They gotta up their quality assurance testing.

3 Likes

I got the Arctis 7 headset and this thing is great. It has more features than I thought it did. I love the retractable mic and the premium feeling of the earcups. I’m a fan of this one. I think I’ll be sticking with this one unless I notice something odd, but it seems wonderful and a bit lighter feeling on my head than the VOIDs were. :+1:

Thanks for the suggestions all. The HS70 is definitely going back, just gotta take it to UPS haha

5 Likes

I’m glad you have found them to be good! Hopefully you do not have any problems with it. Have fun with the great audio waves entering your eardrums! :smiley:

4 Likes

Hope you enjoy :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation:

2 Likes