Name the Game

Untitled

Thought that this might be interesting/fun. Think of a game, and describe it in an oblique way until someone guesses the game you’re describing. It’s then their turn to describe a game…and so on. So to kick things off lets go mega easy -

Laconic gentleman has an incredibly bad day at work, where all sorts of things go wrong and throw his workplace into disarray. We follow him on his journey, as he tries to get home only to find himself propelled even further from where he wants to be in order to resolve all the problems that have occurred. Fortunately for him, once he’s finished he gets offered a new job.

14 Likes

Yeah that was too easy. But I’m not going to guess because I don’t have time to continue the game right now. Fun idea though.

6 Likes

i suck at a describing things

:thinking:
…and guessing things :confounded:

-i’ll keep an eye out on this one, i wanna see where it leads :blush:
very neat idea xist :+1:

8 Likes

hl2

5 Likes

So near and yet so far…

4 Likes

k, i mean 1, rofl, everyone’s so obsessed with the second one (and the third one), it’s like it doesn’t have a part 1 in my head, lol

i still need to finish part 2 btw…

4 Likes

OK…now you have it. Your turn.

Part 2 and the episodes are worth playing, but are not the second coming of gaming everyone claims them to be. Also, and no offence to Gnuffi, babysitting that Gnome was GRRRRRRRRRRR!

5 Likes

:astonished:
that description makes total sense now, it’s so perfect :smile:

i kept thinking of another, but couldn’t quite fit the “job offer” into it

possibly the best most well earned, actual, feat in games, -or some solid class act valve trollin? :thinking: :joy:

5 Likes

A school gets attacked. Our hero saves his teacher and proceeds with heavy-handed revenge, tracking down their enemies. Turns out the teacher was bad and caused the attack through his actions. Finally, our hero has to make a final choice…

6 Likes

Hmmm…do I detect anime?

3 Likes

ugh I wanted to play but I don’t know that >.>

saves his teacher? I don’t want to play a game like that :surfing_man:

and I friggin knew half life.

it totally sounds like a frikkin’ anime…

7 Likes

the words school and teacher are open to interpretation; they are not to be taken literally but are encompassing (cuz otherwise i could as well straight tell u the name of the game…)

which i hope falls within the boundaries of the game

4 Likes

yeah, I didn’t like the use of the word oblique, how can you ask questions or state something in a slanted way? xD oh I suppose by avoiding it’s main point… but I’ve only heard it used in mathematics so…

also, I knew that already I just wasn’t gonna say it out loud and ruin it for anyone else >.>

y'know

I just wanted to make a “I wouldn’t save my teacher” joke xD

I just don’t know what the HELL this game is >:(

5 Likes

it is necessary though, as proven in this case, trust me

4 Likes

k going to bed, if this doesn’t get solved by the time i get up I’ll add a hint, though I’m pretty sure that won’t be necessary

4 Likes

for the record I don’t want a hint, I just flat out don’t know it, which means I haven’t played it, so I wouldn’t get it with a clue really xD

5 Likes

It’s Mark of the Ninja.
Well I’m off to bed, if I am correct then someone else can go ahead and post a new riddle.

9 Likes

hahaaaaa

yes, it is, lol

man, i was just waiting for u to get it rly

no @Fraggles, we want yours now, right @xist?

6 Likes

Indeed, those are the established rules.

4 Likes

what the frick is mark of the ninja?

can we also have a rule of “no indie games”?

'cause anyone could just make up any obscure shit based on a random indie games premise.

7 Likes