Memes, Memes Everywhere

IMG-20181127-WA0074

10 Likes

10 Likes

Darksiders III haters be like

Insert cringey quote about ā€œredesign was censorshipā€ hereā€¦

(old image, but I donā€™t think I ever posted it here)

6 Likes

steam forums are comedy cold since release :joy:

7 Likes

Funny you should mention Dark Souls here, becauseā€¦

ā€¦well, just look at the reviews.

(just to make it clear, Iā€™ve seen the first few hours of gameplay and heard some other people who played it; the game looks amazing, and Iā€™m dying to get it ASAP despite the reviews)

3 Likes

Oh whatā€™s going on with Darksiders 3? I had almost even missed they released it, just saw a notice from GOG about it. Itā€™s too hard for people?

Darksiders 1 and 2 were pretty easy games though.

5 Likes

iā€™ve played 2 hours so far (on apocalyptic)
-and so far i only have ā€œoneā€ gripe and a minor upset (the performance ā€œusualā€), and otherwise got no clue where all the tears are coming from
the camera this time is abysmal, made worse by the FoV, but, itā€™s borderline manageable, but i will say itā€™s making it less enjoyable than it could be imo, and is, imo, what makes the (ā€œartificialā€) difficulty greater than otherwise would be
and ofc ā€œoptimizationā€, it has strange framedrops here and there, compared to what the game looks like, guessing some Unreal4 snaffu or just dev time wasnā€™t there to tweak those last bits
otherwise itā€™s been pretty enjoyable, (but i also only had 2 hours with it lol)

4 Likes

Skimmed through a few reviews and a thread or two on the forums. Now I kind of want to try it out before they start patching it to make it easier, which they undoubtedly will. Just to get an idea of whether people are in fact correct and the combat system is broken or if everyoneā€™s just whining.

In all likelihood the game I play in 3 years is not going to be anything like what was released, for good or ill. @gnuffi let me borrow the game? : )

4 Likes

tbh i just think people suck at dodging and actually interrupt attacks (when you lash enemies you stagger the regular ones which breaks their attack animation), bigger guys or boss ofc donā€™t get interrupted the same. But thatā€™s why you got a dodge, which also has a built in punish move -timed dodge = extra dmg counter attack
my ā€œproblemā€ is sometimes you canā€™t see the enemies because of the fov, so getting punched in the back is common, and annoying ofc, but iā€™ve had lockons disengage, or straight up block the view of my enemy so i couldnā€™t even see their attacks, that was annoying :wink:

otherwise only seems like you either avoid all attacks that arenā€™t deliberately unblockabledodgeable and either time you ā€œapproachā€ or straight up soak the rest (almost got heals galore even on apocalyptic due to new heal thingy),
and due to the ā€œweirdā€ death mechanic almost assist you in cheesing some stuff by allowing you to fill up your rage and havoc meters still while dying over and over again. So when you run back to the respawned ā€œbaddieā€ that troubled you, can just freely now launch you devastating power and make mince meat of it (think it fills up in like 2-3 reruns from X checkpoint).
there is so far no apparent downside to actually dying and rerunning the path again (other than tiny amount of minutes spent), since it just means more souls for you to spend in the end anyway (and maybe getting a grip on the camera/dodge/attack combos :blush:)

iā€™m looking forward to getting to play it through this weekend, -and to see if i meet some of those ā€œissuesā€ people otherwise mention. :thinking:
but going by posts saying first boss is almost impossible on normal or easy with ā€œendless triesā€ -yet the rest of us done the (whatā€™s in truth just a tutorial boss) first Sin on Apocalyptic, i cant really take any of them serious that are upset about ā€œdifficultyā€ (or ā€œlack of loot system/skill treeā€)etc
Shitty camera making stuff worse i can get behind, sure, and performance stuff yea
but even if iā€™ve only scratched the surface with 2 hours, some of the frowny posts are still from within that range iā€™ve visited, and i canā€™t recognize a lot of it -at all
i meanā€¦ you have sorta an auto refilling heal thingy when you kill mobsā€¦ just heal up :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

Honestly, the difficulty is very in-line with Darksiders, but the combat mentality has changed a bit. You now use green orbs on demand instead of automatically (sort of like Estus, I geuss?), and you have four wrath attacks (just like War) bound to different Hollows.

Hereā€™s some preliminary thoughts since I canā€™t get the game myself yet (and Iā€™m going to the moment I can):

They brought back a lot of mechanics in 1 that were toned down in 2, and a lot of the more controversial mechanics in 2 [like the loot system] are gone.

The reviews got hit a bit by some of the reviewer build performance issues, especially on PS4, but overall everything Iā€™ve seen indicates that itā€™s a great game and a great sequel, plus the story could end up being the best of the series (avoiding spoilers as much as possible). It really goes to show that the internet loves being angry over the smallest thingsā€¦ :man_shrugging:

Now, there are legitimate problems with the game, like some of the bugs that slipped past QA (you can quit the game at certain heavily scripted sequences and break them when you reload the game), but those are so buried in nonsensical whining about ā€œDark Souls Cloneā€ and ā€œtoo dated, needs more Dark Soulsā€ that theyā€™re barely even mentioned.

Thereā€™s four ā€œhollowsā€ that act a little bit like a combination of styles and weapons from Devil May Cry 3, expanding your movelist with one button dedicated to it and a few crossover combos with your main weapon. You also have four Wrath attacks that you get over the course over the game, just like War (if you bothered to actually buy them, which I didnā€™t). Of course, the controls are classic Darksiders: dedicated R1/RB dodging, X/square face button attacks, Y/Triangle alternate attacks, and such.

The only real change is that executions are ā€œgone.ā€ They were barely in 2 at all, soā€¦ eh. I do like that theyā€™re trying to give each horseman a personality and style of their own, and if that means War is your B button wielding destroyer, itā€™s fine by me.

The map design is also a bit of a complaint. Itā€™s good in its own right and itā€™s designed around having to find your way around without a minimap, so a lot of the being glued to the corner of the screen from 1 and 2 is goneā€¦ good riddance. The other issue with the map, of course, is that this is no place for a horse.

Oh, and I saw someone die to the first boss in the game a total ofā€¦ once on Normal, from all the gameplay Iā€™ve watched, which is a lot. She has an attack with a windup so delayed, I didnā€™t know she actually had an attack at the end (and it does take a whole minute at least). Then, I see a complaint that Envy is gamebreakingly unfairly hard repeated around the forums. Go figure.

Iā€™m really excited to play it soon.

6 Likes

Darksiders sound fun and all but have some more memes

yes, weirdly enough Iā€™m going against my r00ts and putting a thread back on topic oh how the turntables

12 Likes

my internet provider is memeing me hard; i asked them why suddenly Iā€™m only getting 8mbps instead of the 16 (i know, i know, but itā€™s a third world country so bear with me) iā€™m paying (quite a lot) for.

They told me: You are getting the speed that is suitable for your line, Sir.

I told them to cut the crap (but not in a nicer, gentler way) as iā€™ve been getting 16mbps for almost 2 years now, so they should just stop throttling my speed. They said ā€œtechnical supportā€ would take care of this ā€œtechnical problemā€, to which i responded there is no ā€œtechnical problemā€ as u throttling my speed is not a ā€œtechnicalā€ issue and that they if they donā€™t do something about it Iā€™ll just go to another company. (Iā€™m totally bluffing, trying to actually do that here might actually lead to months without internet as thatā€™s just how shit works here; it doesnā€™t, till someone does something right by mere chanceā€¦)

6 Likes

Blue. Definitely.

19 Likes

17 Likes

https://imgur.com/gallery/i2NpK

10 Likes

I saw this on reddit and my FIRST thought was:

ā€œLame. Itā€™s missing Stealy Wheely Automobiley.ā€

My second thought was:

ā€œSince when am I knee-deep in memes and whatā€™s wrong with my brain?ā€

My third thought was:

ā€œIā€™m starting to think like Tiffany AchingĀ¹, I should stop now.ā€

Ā¹Character written by Terry Pratchett. Sheā€™s a lilā€™ witch.

11 Likes

Pratchett references always get an upvote from me!

6 Likes

And dumb stuff will get upvotes from me!

(Iā€™m liking Prachett so far but still a newbie).

15 Likes

17 Likes

10 Likes