Massive FREE expansion to EtG TODAY

Timing on those guns

Fightsaber and Casey both have surprisingly long deflection times, longer than you would expect, it extends beyond the animation. Not I am telling you to go try and test it, but more than once I have had my butt saved because I couldn’t dodge fast enough out of the way. I think you are right about fightsaber being the best one because it’s a really higher powered gun and you use the reload essentially as an active deflector shield, which is great.

I can’t wait to know what you think of the second secret character when you get him…

Have you done any blessing of the gun runs? I find those to be a great place to test some guns that you would otherwise not use. Some of the timing is way off though, so by the time you can actually use the gun, it switches off… But it’s fun…

2 Likes
not much here

oh yes I know about the extended deflection time on those two xD thats why its my favourite! I barely ever get it, and every S class chest recently has been a grasshopper or crappy perk xD the suitcase full of cash is a good one I unlocked then got straight away xD (I feel like when you unlock something it seems to give it you quite quickly)

and I have seen the character, but I don’t know what is special about him I tried to just see how to unlock him, I’m 1 away I think.

and Is that that queen like lady who has guards? because I’ve never used it what does it do? I aint paying 6 creds to find out what something does xD

1 Like
Whelp, this is definitely a spoiler (not for Kyle, but for others)

Do you remember rescuing a sorceress in the gungeon? You have beaten the game so many times already that it should have happened already.

After you rescue her, she is in the Breach and you can talk to her to play a run that’s called “Blessing of the Gun.” It’s nice because you only have 1 gun, and it changes pretty much every clip or a few seconds. You get to see a bunch of guns that you would normally ignore because they are perceived as being crappy, but you get to learn to use them in some funny ways. And you don’t ever have to worry about Ammo.

Only passive and active items matter in this run, not the guns…

I won’t tell you any more, since I see you edited and are now playing, :rofl:

On the other hand, right after you unlock something, it shows up with a much higher frequency for a few runs, then after that, it gets shuffled into the rest of the pile… That’s why you see it more after unlocking.

1 Like
Still spoilery stuff

ahh so it was her, I’ve never used her yet as I said, so … its like that game mode on CoD? with the random guns, which was a game mode I liked xD and does that mean there are still chests but they’re all passive or active items? cause thats actually pretty neat, I like that kinda stuff, and do you never run out of ammo? I actually use all the guns xD as I said I keep the best gun completely unused so it defintely has max ammo for the boss, so I use the worst weapons first actually, or what I perceive as the worst, theres only a couple that I don’t use, like poor ol’ casey, sometimes gets backbenched, she hurts me more than some enemies xD floor 4 is my worst, floor 5 is bad, but for some reason 4 gets me more, so she’s away before then, and definitely not fighting a boss with her.

ahh I see! thats actually really neat cause you get to see what you just unlocked, I just bought a few more things so they might pop up next run :open_mouth:

1 Like
And the spoilers shall continue for Enter the Gungeon

Your weapon changes all the time, it’s sometimes good, sometimes bad…

As for the not worrying about ammo, that’s totally true, because each time the gun changes, the ammo refreshes… You pretty much have no chance of running out a gun before it changes.

I think floors 4-5 are the advanced floors, so there’s a dramatic difficulty increase from 3 to 4, not significantly from 4 to 5, which is why you feel that way about floor 4.

I understand the struggles of not wanting to use your credits on Blessing, so just do it when you feel up for it, really.

Anyway, good luck! I am signing off for the night, so have fun! And I have high hopes for Advanced Gungeons and Draguns!

2 Likes

I’ll let everyone know about the update whenever I see it! :smiley:

have a good night!

2 Likes

lol… I am signing off so I can focus on my work… lol… don’t have time to play later either… :frowning:

Anyway, enjoy yourself!

2 Likes

working means you can earn money to get more games! just make your retirement early before the rheumatism sets in! :stuck_out_tongue:

Relevant video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJ-B0ivrDIY

3 Likes

I need a job like that… :smile:

3 Likes

guys what about the screen options? i have a 1366*768 screen, so is it ok to stretch it or does it affect the gameplay? the option preferred by the game’s artist (as they put it) creates huge back bars in the 4 directions, i lose like half my screen or more in total, which i dont rly like

2 Likes

Thanks for the warning…but too late!:weary: I have had arthritis since my 40’s.

3 Likes

You should be able to stretch it to vertically and have a couple of smaller black bars on the left and right. I remember playing Gungeon on a laptop without too much difficulty. I wouldn’t do a full-screen stretch. (then your vertical and horizontal movements would look to be at different speeds, that would really mess me up.) Is there not a way to choose your resolution in the game’s display settings? I will look at it later when I get home today to make sure.

1 Like

y but when i chose my resolution it says that it is stretched

1 Like

Unfortunately I cannot give you a good answer right now.

I think Kyle plays on that resolution, I wonder what he does. His screenshots seem to be that size… Maybe he can give you another idea?

1 Like

really? I have no idea what I do, I just set it to max, Im playing on a laptop.

its set on 1366 x 768 it says not pixel perfect, may scale, and I’ve been playing that the whole time, so no worries I say.

1 Like

you have 2 options when not using the “pure 16:9” screens it seems
either you pick the closest resolution you can that matches, and have “pixel perfect” art and live with black bars
or you just stretch it, and depending on your screen get some fattier/jankier art
i have a 16:10 monitor, and when i set my gungeon up i could not really tell any animation/precision/gameplay difference from stretched vs pixel perfect from beyond a purely aesthetic appearance (and on my resolution it was minor at that even)
-then again suffering from using the “true”, but not industry standard, resolution i’m also used to the “cinematic black bars” by now :man_shrugging: :smile:
unsure how janky a resolution would have to be before it started (if at all) to affect accuracy, “speed”/movement/gameplay or that, :thinking:, seems to be purely visually “art affected” on mine :man_shrugging: dono, -you might have to goggle deeper to find that out ?

3 Likes

dude why would i goggle anything once the guy with 0.9h playtime shared his opinion with me?

4 Likes

:smile: :+1:
yea, but would you rather have the input from a guy that has, died 300 times during those 50minutes, (-trying to figure out the controls/settings) :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :smile:
or “sumguy” that has 500hours and completed the game, -but a 16:9 monitor ?:thinking:
:smirk: :joy:

4 Likes

I would be super impressed if you can manage this… lol, since it takes time to load each game and die… there are screens to click through…

Oh wait… there’s a quick restart function… I never use it, but it’s there… nvm…

Just shot myself in the foot there, I think…

3 Likes

well, it might be slightly “exaggerated” a nr :thinking: :+1:
-but i have died an embarrassing amount of times, and sometimes perhaps a bit too quick even for my “pride”… :blush: :smile:
… one day i’ll get past the first boss :triumph: :crazy_face:
:joy:

3 Likes