Loging into site with Username and Password Doesn't Work

See title.

I know this was an issue a while back as well. Why does Username/Email and password still not work.

Sending an email login link is very insecure as it can be intercepted.

4 Likes

Are you getting an error or what’s happening exactly? It works for me, but I don’t want to dismiss what you’re experiencing either.

4 Likes

Yeah I’m getting a username/password is incorrect error. Though that’s not possible since I use a password manager to store both.

I did try using both email and username in the event that was the issue, but neither worked.

4 Likes

I’m wondering if something we didn’t know happened on the backend because recently I did have to reset my password, but I thought it was just something I did on my end. Maybe not :thinking:

Try resetting the password and seeing if the username and password combination works for you?

4 Likes

Hmm so, I went to reset the password and I noticed in the security settings it said “set password.” I thought that was odd so I tried that and now it’s working.

Maybe the passwords were whipped out completely at some point? :thinking: Either way, it seems to be functioning as intended now. :man_shrugging:

Appreciate the troubleshooting @KSib! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

No problem. I glad you got it working!
:slight_smile:

4 Likes

Probably has something to do with @dusty’s “science project”… :microscope: We all had to reset our passwords.

Hey @KSib LTNS :wave:

5 Likes

They were :frowning: I apologize for that, it was my b.

A very small number of users were migrated w/ their existing passwords intact, but the vast majority were not.

User passwords should be able to be reset via email, but if anyone is still having issues w/ that HMU @ dusty@chrono.gg

5 Likes

Hey right back at you :wave:

4 Likes