It's 2024 - Time to Hype New Releases or something

@coralinecastell, I put up the recommendation on the curator before the price went up… It launched at $29.99 US, which is a bit pricey for the content. There are 7 chapters, and not running from story point to story point I have made it partly through chapter 5 in less than 3 hours. I imagine just going for the story you can probably finish the whole game in about 2-3 hours easily. It’s neat on idea and beautiful to look at. But as it’s a purely exploration game, I do think the price is a little high. I had a big problem with motion sickness especially when flying as the hummingbird or dashing as the fish. I think the game is really well done in that it’s an open world with plenty of collectibles to find, but that’s really it besides the story and the freshness nature of possessing different animals to get from one place to the next. I think for an indie game team of 5 people, a game that looks like this and the beautiful open world is fairly impressive. But is it worth the asking price? I think it really depends on what you want to get out of it overall. Just a little too short and too few lines of dialogues/story if that’s your overall objective. The animals are adorable though… I will be uploading some screenshots in a little bit.

6 Likes

OH…I want to be a humming bird…

7 Likes

I want to be an Ibis.

Luckily there already exists the game for me though: Drunk on nectar (Still in early access, will link to it later)

6 Likes

I think Drunk on Nectar has already been mentioned but this one was released yesterday::heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation:

7 Likes

29th Nov. // Windows, Linux // Indie, Simulation, Puzzle, Single-Player

3 Likes

2020 release I believe, early access? Sequel to Black Desert. It looks so damn good, like it took clear inspiration from A Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones, I mean look at that main guy? xD).

5 Likes

You know, I am forced to cook healthy meals every day. Mr. Delenn has diabetes so we can’t eat a lot of junk/fast food. Like that stuffed bread I wanted to make…not going to happen this weekend.

So playing a cooking/restaurant ANYTHING game just seems like WORK to me. And that’s a four lettered word too…

So have a lot of fun…but not for me…But that’s what makes the world go round…differences…:heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation:

5 Likes

Windows, Mac // Indie, Puzzle, Space, Psychological

@delenn13 no cooking in sight for this space adventure! Just released on the 20th of Nov. :blush:

And your cooking aversion is 100% fair. If you got any recipes you’d like to share with us, I’m all ears!

5 Likes

I highly encourage it! Can we have a recipe thread?

5 Likes

I made a little fun of their silly 5% discount but other than that this seems to be another great throwback fps game , it’s just really early in it’s development and light on content at this point.

4 Likes

I think the discount is cuz the game is just launching (in early access) (and i think u’ll agree it wouldnt make sense to have a big discount on launch day, though that too tends to happen nowadays as well), which makes it understandable to me as in it will give the game more visibility on launch day by being featured among the sales as well, as many games are doing nowadays, so i think that kind of explains it

5 Likes

I dunno where I could’ve dropped this, considered creating a thread for stuff like this but it would probably die, so here it will be. If mods knows a better place, please move. :rofl:

Stardew Valley - The Stardew Valley 1.4 Content Update is Now Available on Steam & GOG

Stardew Valley’s huge content update is now live! There’s also the full patch notes, but dev warned of spoilers inside: Stardew Valley - Stardew Valley 1.4 Update Full Changelog

The question is, how am I supposed to play if I haven’t updated my mods since the last multiplayer update? :thinking:

9 Likes

Give it a few days. Mods on SW always update super quick.

I spent a few hours with the update today, there’s a few interesting things to do but it’s almost all end game stuff so don’t start a new file for it.
There’s 2 stupid expensive hats that I need so I know what I’m doing tomorrow.

5 Likes

Have you tried that ModDrop manager? I need something that can restore whatever the xnb mods change, so I don’t have to do manually next time. I have some of them installed, I made a list of all the mods so it’s at least easier to check everything, but boy oh boy.

4 Likes

I don’t think I have no. I haven’t had a need for that since I mainly used mods on secondary files, my main world has always been quite vanilla.

4 Likes

The Curious Expedition 2 & The Curious Expedition Multiplayer Update

A vast world filled with new lands and mysteries awaits you! You have the opportunity to fight for one of the brand-new enigmatic explorer clubs to bring back unseen treasures and studies to the Paris Exposition Universelle of 1889!

Be prepared to fight against new beasts and contact unknown tribes. For our sequel, we traded the pixelated looks for a “graphic novel” adventure art style inspired by Hergé. Of course, we don’t want to give away too much, but Edibot and the mysterious Lady Farlow are already waiting for you. Unfold the secrets of Lux Labs and the Royal Avalon Society step by step and be curious where your path leads you.

There are two ways you can become an Alpha Tester:

1. Find out more and sign up via our brand new website. All you need to do is fill in your mail address.

2. But you can also get immediate access to the alpha by finding the golden pyramid in our new RIVALS update for Curious Expedition, available now!
    read that right: three years after the initial release we’re releasing RIVALS - a big new multiplayer game mode for Curious Expedition 1! You can now start the race against other explorers on a vast shared world map up to 10,000 times larger than the maps in the original game mode.

The best part: the update is entirely free! Climb up the leaderboard and acquire prestigious badges with every golden pyramid and region you discover. You will be able to customize your playstyle with over 90 equippable “Expedition Crates” and experiment with different strategies. So, will you be able to find the hidden pyramid and unlock your Curious Expedition 2 Alpha Code?

GUYS I LOVE THE CURIOUS EXPEDITION JUST GOT THIS VIA MAIL AND IM SO HAPPY! WHO HAS THE FIRST GAME? WHO WANTS TO GO PYRAMID HUNTING WITH ME? :blush:

7 Likes

Looking at the game I could swear I’ve played it, but I do not appear to have it anywhere.
edit: They have a demo on their site you can play right in the browser, that’s where I’ve played it. Worth checking out if you want to try it. It is a pretty good game.

5 Likes

@Enki This is the best

small Stardew spoiler

5 Likes

What the… :rofl:

5 Likes

9 Likes