It's 2024 - Time to Hype New Releases or something

Pokemon Sword and Shield come out November 15th.

And here is an excerpt of a feature:
“One of the features available on the Y-Comm menu is the Surprise Trade. Select a Pokémon from your Boxes that you’re willing to trade, and that’s it! A trading partner will automatically be found as you continue on your adventure!”

So basically a better version of wonder trade.

BUUUUT,

“Membership in the Nintendo Switch Online (paid) service is required to participate in Link Trades and Link Battles using the internet. There’s no need to set up a membership for local communication use.”

That basically just kills it. As expected. :neutral_face:

5 Likes

7 Likes

I don’t know if this needed a gender swapped reboot, but I am excited!

5 Likes

Just thought I would put this here because some of us have the same “sickness”. :rofl:

5 Likes

Dark and hard ,right up my alley!

6 Likes

Thank goodness for Dork Tower. AND I NEED ALL THE RPG’s I OWN THANKS VERY MUCH…

4 Likes

So I know this is supposed to be a HYPE thread. BUUT

From Tweaktown on Halo: Master Chief Collection:
“There’s absolutely no way the full MCC will be out on PC this year, though. Don’t expect that to happen.”

Due to issues with the Original Xbox One of all things.

4 Likes

Borderlands 3 is out for those who care.

And it looks like it’s horribly optimized and uses denuvo, potentially causing issues with 4 core / 4 thread CPUs.

How does your card stack up?

How can you get better performance without sacrificing visuals?

6 Likes

Here’s a recently launched game that looks quite interesting that I had heard nothing about before now.

Billing itself as a tactical rogue lite inspired by Dune and that certainly sounds interesting to me.

8 Likes

Reminds me of Adventure Time’s artstyle

7 Likes

5 Likes

That’s just one of the many Adventure Time games on steam, I own at least a couple :rofl:

5 Likes

thx for letting me know. I only own this one and never heard of others, but now i found two more. Seems this is the only one with a rly good review score on steam though. Do you feel any of the others are particularly worth playing? I plan on playing it later, once im further in the series. I’m almost done with season 1 but i started like a year ago, lol. It’s something i only watch an episode of now and then, whenever i feel like it, but i feel i need to get further in the series before I’ll truly enjoy the game.

4 Likes

Oh you’re watching AT? Methematical! Welcome to the club.

What do you think of Gunther so far? Gunther is best boy. :penguin:

Enjoy the showwwww!! As for games, I really like the AT card game… I forget the name. Haha

giphy

Edit:

Also my favorite scene from at has to be this:

4 Likes

I only have Adventure Time: Finn and Jake’s Epic Quest and Adventure Time: The Secret Of The Nameless Kingdom, the latter seems to be unavailable now.

Epic Quest gave me a feel of Toe Jam & Earl with some twists when I played. It’s short, simple, but enjoyable.

Secret of the Nameless Kingdom I didn’t play for too long, it’s obviously inspired by Zelda games, but if I recon it had some bad reception.

@coralinecastell

4 Likes

This just launched…

Brief thoughts are that it feels very much like an extended version of the first game, with some better features, best addition is local co-op. Could use some QoL updates though they are fairly minor because the game’s not too difficulty.

If you haven’t played the first but already own it, go play that and see if you like the mechanics.

You do not need to have played the first game before playing the sequel.

9 Likes

Just FYI for the many of you out there who have this game, a full length, single-player campaign was released a few days ago, so it’s not longer dependent on the MP functionality and you do not lose out if the game has no other players online.

9 Likes

Thanks @YQMaoski , i did enjoy the game just couldnt find anyone to play with online :slight_smile: Gonna check it out sometime.

6 Likes

This one should be interesting…50 Games???

Edited: Added this game…
WOW :heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation:

4 Likes

Should we start a 2020 thread?

4 Likes