It's 2024 - Time to Hype New Releases or something

Is anyone excited about Rage 2 ? Because well i’m not … :smiley:

4 Likes

yes bcs id software make this game

3 Likes

hmmm :thinking:

not so sure i’m super excited about this
i prefer leaving “originals” intact, and have a separate remaster, instead of just wiping the other from existence, in case there were janky stuff you liked more in that than the update provided…
^unless i’m reading something wrong in the sense of being “updates” -and we actually do get separate games (ala bioshock)

7 Likes

Bioshock remastered was absolutely bombed on reviews on steam. I dunno if you can even get the old ones, haven’t checked if GOG has them.

4 Likes

Or you don’t want the stupid key system. What would’ve made 1 better is automatic pickups for money and ammo.

5 Likes

is probably so they can start selling them as mtx on consoles :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

if you purchase the remastered versions on Steam, you automatically get the originals for free, with your own choice as to whether to install and play the originals or the remastered:

10 Likes

more backlog stuff

this serius sam is EA but looks good

6 Likes

OG Borderlands will stay intact, the new version shows up as a separate game called Borderlands Enhanced or smthn like that if you already own the first one, so you’ll still have that original jankiness! Can’t say the same for the handsome collection, but standalone bl2 and TPS will stay the same I’m pretty sure

Also BORDERLANDS 3 H Y P E

8 Likes

What’s with all the fuss about that Borderlands remaster? Can someone summarize for me.

4 Likes

They’re remastering all the Borderlands games. There you go, all up to speed.

4 Likes

And what’s wrong with that? ( as i understand someone is upset about it? )

4 Likes

Well only discontent I’ve seen here is gnuffi wondering why they’re bothering remastering a 4 year old game. I can’t say I’ve seen anyone be particularly upset about it. I think the remastered versions will even be given away to owners of the previous games so I have a hard time seeing who would mind.

5 Likes

6 Likes

'One last job and we are out!!! This time for real… ’

yeah sure ,i’ve been hearing that for the past 5 chapters…

5 Likes

Remember this game? It’s been redone and removed from the Steam Store. So glad I got it already. It was another Night Dive game.
The 7th Guest

If you already had the original game, they are offering 60% off until the 24th. You should have the coupon in your inventory.
Behold the remastered game:

"‘25th Anniversary Edition’ features:

• Totally new, much praised, game play controls that were built from the ground up.
  • Hotspot based with the option to highlight all hotspots in each game screen.
  • Skip quickly any scene.
  • Completely new map, which can be access directly from the game screen.
  • Many new mouse and keyboard shortcuts.
  • Completely new game menus and save/load system

• Three Music options: The praised, orchestrated, music score re-mastered or the original score in high quality Midi recording or Adlib

• Much improved voice acting audio and all-new, optional subtitles

• High-end graphics upscaling (xBRZ filter) for high-resolution displays

• Optional retro settings: play with original graphics, original music and even the original controls

• A lot of extras:

• ‘The Making of’ featurette
  • 19 Deleted Scenes and 34 Deleted Audio Parts
  • Comprehensive Soundtrack: 36 Tracks to add to your music collection!
  • ‘The 7th Guest’ Novel (157 pages)
  • The Original Script (104 pages), ‘The Stauf Files’ booklet (20 pages), Original Game Manual (41 pages)
  • Legacy Editions as FREE downloadable content (DLCs) for Windows, macOS and Linux (English voice-acting only)
  • Multiple languages (ALL included without additional payment):
    English voice acting, with or without English, Italian, Portuguese, Swedish or Hebrew subtitles
    German voice acting with or without German subtitles
    French voice acting with or without French subtitles
    Russian voice acting with or without Russian subtitles"

EDITED: For @yoshirules. It’s on your WL!!!

I got it. Cost me $3.90 CA. The 15% ends 9 April…Buy The 7th Guest: 25th Anniversary Edition
SPECIAL PROMOTION! Offer.

8 Likes

Excuse me but this became a thing TWO WEEKS AGO and I only saw this now

H Y P E

(same creator of Hyper Light Drifter which, for reference, I’m obsessed about)

EDIT:

Wait never mind, Epic Games store. :roll_eyes:

Holding my :horse:s.

10 Likes

They’re trying really hard to make a whole year just of exclusives, aren’t they?

7 Likes

Yes, they are, but they’re going to suffer for it when it backfires on them. The PC gaming community largely hates exclusives. The fact that these devs and Epic Games cannot grasp that is going to mean they will never beat Steam.

6 Likes

so far i’m just glad it’s merely timed exclusives
means when it gets around time to get on steam they probably wont dare be charging top dollar because it’s already old, lower prices/discounts do to time or even “hoping” customers will buy twice to get on steam too
either way, i’m a patient gnome, i didn’t get this mighty beard by just sitting and waiting for it you know… well, i kinda did :thinking:, but that just shows i’m really good at waiting things out :triumph:
-and if that doesn’t wait i’m a stubborn git too, so i’ll just skip anything, that doesn’t do what i want the way i want it, out of spite :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

6 Likes