Issues Getting A Refund

Dear Annabelle,

Has your letter reached Anthony safely? It has been 3 months since I last had word from you, and I worry that your brother may have become lost at sea. My heart longs to hear his voice again, and to listen to the many tales he must have to share by the warmth of our fireplace.

The bed has been cold at night, and at times I have considered seeking comfort in another man’s arms. But alas, I know I must not. God would never forgive me if I turned on my husband. The devil would take me, and who would be here, to greet him with open arms, if the devil had all but deprived me of my reason?

I must not lose myself in this hour of need. Now is when I must be at my strongest.

Oh, and I thought it would please you to know that Annabelle has been speaking so much lately! Through her scant vocabulary all she asks about is Anthony. She wishes to meet her father so. I feel her pain, and through her, I suffer even more.

My dearest, please send word for me at once if Anthony shows up at your doorstep. I know that at times I’ve been too demanding, and my arms may not be the first he seeks upon his return.

God be with you and your mother,

Your faithful friend Elizabeth.

PS: @harith I spent far too long writing this. I blame you.

14 Likes

Dearest Elizabeth,

I fear Mother and Father were right in their protests, and that this journey is indeed a foolish mistake. It’s just that our lives had been so tawdry and dull, wrapped up in the swaddling cloth of over protective parents, and I craved adventure so. Skelton seemed like such a bold and mysterious figure, with his tomes and manuscripts, and the eldritch secrets he promised seemed so alluring. At first every fork in the road was a thrill, and every ruin a small piece of history. But then we found the catacombs.

It’s been five long nights since I last saw daylight and these accursed crypts grow darker by the hour. Our lanterns flicker in the musty air and the yellow patina of lichen coats everything. From the corner of my eye I swear I’ve seen movement, but when I turn there is nothing there. Bates thinks I’m just missing the comfort of a soft bed and open fire, but I know that we’re not alone down here.

The whispering grows louder and a low rumble sounds in the distance. Strange chanting fills the air…Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn, the words unfamiliar and yet somehow I know that my penmanship is without fault. What? Is that light I see in the distance? The lantern is spluttering out now, and I can no longer see well enough to write. Sister, I must go, for I hear his call. Tell Mother and Father I love them, and that when I return I shall bring them gifts.

Your ever loving brother,

Albert

11 Likes

https://d1u5p3l4wpay3k.cloudfront.net/darkestdungeon_gamepedia/d/d0/Narration_death3.ogg

8 Likes

I’m a bit backlogged on support tickets, but I’ll get back to you shortly. A refund won’t be an issue. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

To ALL my Favourite Chronies,

Please, I beseech you, do not take this thread, yet, down another rabbit hole. We lost one because we could not contain ourselves. Please go elsewhere to rant and rave in your madness. This account is but not even 1 day old. Be kind!

I call upon the powers of @lonin, @frst @EMCL or @dusty to rectify this problem!

And I welcome @ARS85 to the forum. :heart_eyes: These people be crazy…

17 Likes

I have no idea what you’re talking about every thread here seems entirely normal to me, new user askes a question, got an answer and then for no reason @delenn13 comes in with some weird baseless accusations of us being funny. That then some how spins the thread out of control.

Delenn please stop derailing entirely reasonable help/support threads.

15 Likes

@Lonin, thank you for the heads up, acknowledgment and assistance. I understand how things may certainly get backed up; especially after E3G3. Again, thank you for your time. I have patience. Thanks again and good luck on getting caught up with things!

@Delenn13 and the “others” (lol). Very strange… lol but I suppose I am missing some background with the “others”, and I do not take offense to it. Thank you, though, Delenn :wink:

@The “others”: your brother misses you all - the seas are rough - see you all soon!

Cheers,

Anthony

13 Likes

Oh Noes! You have encouraged “them”. My hands are tied now…

Sorry!

TL;DR version. Chronies like to take a thread OT. It’s not a worthy thread unless they do.

9 Likes

Well, I would actually like to apologise to harith and coralinecastell for going off on a non nautical tangent and ruining the story they established with my fever dream. In my defence Dark Souls and podcasts about Eternal Darkness have a horrible effect on your sanity.

9 Likes
11 Likes

and who even is Annabelle?

10 Likes

Your missing nothing other than people in this community like taking innocent threads from newcomers and derailing them till they are beyond recognition. And with that I say welcome to the community, hope you stay a while and derail other peoples threads with us (though it kinda needs to stop especially with new peoples threads).

8 Likes

9 Likes

dude, u make it sound like it’s done on purpose specifically with newcomers’ threads, which it rly isn’t. It just happens to happen to a newcomer’s thread now and then cuz it just happens to happen in general

and that being said, we all heartily welcome @ARS85 (cuz there’s definitely nothing suspicious about that name)

seriously though, u r very welcome, and here’s some welcoming cake:

10 Likes

I shall henceforth better contain myself. With the new people. So they don’t get scared. Too much.

Anthony AKA @ARS85 my boy,

giphy2

Know that you’re very welcome to the forums anytime you want, we love new faces here to disfigure them beyond recognition and we’ll try our best to make sure you never leave feel very welcome!

Plus, we do giveaways. So… free games and memes? nudge nudge

8 Likes

It’s just shitposting (extremely high quality shitposting if you ask me). But don’t worry, coexistence is somehow functional here.

aLjpXYz_460s

10 Likes

wut

7 Likes

giphy%20(9)

Dear Chronies,

I love you all.

Sincerely,

Coraline

8 Likes

@ARS85 Make sure you stick around and become a Steam Friend. We give games away for no reason…and we hold giveaways. We help each other and just have fun. We are a very unusual forum…Us Chronies…:scream::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::crazy_face:

7 Likes

Lol, yes, very unusual yet entertaining and comical. I forsee myself sticking around and gathering a laugh or three :wink:

Thank you all for the warm welcomes and interesting first thread! Seriously, I enjoyed it.

8 Likes