If you have an hour or two to kill check this out

Completely free and take your time to enjoy the amazing voice acting.

On a second playthrough pick up the tape recorder in the starting room and find all the tapes for even more laughs.

Completely worth your time if you haven’t played it yet!

14 Likes

Good to know! I will keep track of this one for now… too many games lined up, too little time!

6 Likes

ACHIEVEMENT HUNTERS BEWARE:

The achievements are a pain to get, because they involve collecting items off of nooks and crannies, and guides cannot be used because if you Alt-tab out of the game the achievement progress is erased.

What I did was I played it once and, during the next playthroughs, kept a guide open on my phone and went along with it. Even so, I missed several things because they respawn on different locations every time you play, so I eventually gave up on it.

Bottom line is: fun game, free and fantastic voice acting. The story also has a delightful pinch of humor and some quirky ideas. However, it may not be for achievement hunters unless you can handle some repetition and frustration – which, clearly, I personally cannot.

EDIT:

I jest you not.

6 Likes

This game is definitely worth picking up (since it’s free and all :smirk:) its humorous, has great voice acting. And it was made by the people that made The Stanley Parable. So you know it’s gonna be good.

5 Likes

i’m guessing that’s why it was also recommended in the free steam games thread :thinking:
https://206.81.1.216/t/free-steam-games-with-no-catches/10079/29?u=gnuffi

good game/minds thinking alike i suppose ? :+1:

4 Likes

I downloaded this years ago and I have still to launch it. It really looks neat and well, The Stanley Parable is great.

3 Likes

We can’t be friends until you play it :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

884674103_iy4x

6 Likes

@Eidos
warhammermemes
:thinking:
Should I do it?

4 Likes

do-it-emperor-palpatine-meme

3 Likes

Whats this from

1 Like

Damn it, too fast for me.

Warhammer 40k. It has a pretty cool universe and I like it even if I don’t know it very well (yet).

I have been passing and the games not im kicking myself

Just be careful not to be too roped into W40K. The moment you walk into a Games Workshop in person is the day your already-Steam-sale-crippled budget goes up in flames.

But yeah, it’s a pretty cool universe overall. If you’re looking for the best of its games, I’d say without a doubt that Dawn of War Platinum (Dark Crusade + expansions before that) is the star of the series. I’m sure a bunch of people will go “but Dawn of War 2…” No. 1 wins.

Unfortunately, Games Workshop quality control is virtually nonexistent, and pretty much anything can be a Warhammer game at this point.

There’s two timelines the games fall into that you should probably know about, and I’ll divide the games as such.

Warhammer

A more traditional fantasy setting. Wood Elves, Dwarves, Orks, Bretonnians, Vampire Courts, and so on.

Total War: Warhammer
Total War: Warhammer II

I’m also looping in another fantasy-setting that’s pretty uncommon. Fatshark made a game set in the End-Times, a pseudo-Dark Age where Chaos, Skaven, and everyone else form a pact to f___ everyone’s s___ and everyone is probably going to die.
Warhammer End Times: Vermintide
Warhammer: Vermintide 2

Warhammer 40,000

Take that universe and put it several millennia into the future. The humans have united into the Imperium of Man (a Communist dictatorship), the Elves did weird sex stuff and became the Dark Eldar, a small group of them were lost in space and became the regular Eldar, and the Orks just kind of do whatever they want. The Imperium has no problem going on a holy exterminatus to wipe out Chaos filth [and then some], and the T’au Empire is a group of space weaboos aligned with blue aliens and dinosaurs.

My absolute recommendation:
Dawn of War: Master Collection (the games I recommend, plus Soulstorm)
IMO one of the greatest RTS’s of all time. Absolutely timeless, low skill floor and a ridiculous skill ceiling with seven unique races, ranging from spammy baby’s-first-RTS (Orks) and the art of trying to make the largest moshpit possible, to trying to control a bunch of prophetic Eldar losers and launching futile guerilla flank-attacks (and still losing) using the weakest weapons in the galaxy.

Which ones you need to buy depends on what you want. Dawn of War 1 included 4 races, and every expansion after Winter Assault (IG + 2 new campaigns) was standalone. If you want to play online, I recommend buying all of them to unlock all multiplayer races, then playing Soulstorm. This will give you the Soulstorm multiplayer, and all seven races from Dark Crusade and before.

If you want the game for singleplayer, Dark Crusade (even alone) is the unparalleled best entry. This will have seven races, but the singleplayer will allow you to play as anyone. It scrapped the boring linear campaigns of the previous games for a much more refined game that isn’t too far off from SW Battlefront II’s Galactic Conquest mode… except, with seven races. Soulstorm unfortunately regressed a lot-- your bases no longer save, the “galaxy” map is far less intuitive, and so on. Just stick with DC, it’s the best singleplayer.

Other recommendations:
Dawn of War II: Chaos Rising
(best singleplayer for Dawn of War 2)
Dawn of War 2: Retribution
(best multiplayer for DoW2, but the campaign is linear garbage)
W40K: SPACE MARINE
(a third person shooter, perfect for heretic purging en masse)

4 Likes