Hopes and dreams for the steam summer sale

tbh iā€™m not really excited about this steam sale
not because of them removing season event cards, or (supposedly) making a pay2win event ā€œgameā€(will see what actually plays out tho, probably gonna be something alright)
but because this year iā€™ve probably played the least amount of games everā€¦
-while my backlog is already still ever growing, and despite having a bunch ready to go and installed
so iā€™m not really ā€œplanningā€ on buying anything specific this year, iā€™ll still check out the discounts etc, maybe see if i get some new discoveries/recommendations to add to my wishlist,
but kinda hoping iā€™m not gonna get tempted to buy much/ā€œanythingā€, to just pile on the already huge backlog and filled up drive, at this point itā€™s almost just depressing with some some of these on my "to play"listā€¦

suppose sale wise iā€™m mostly curious to see what (if any) steam is gonna attempt to handle the competition from Epic, if they are gonna do something special/different, than just the usual ā€œevent gameā€ and mediocre discounts :thinking:

7 Likes

Weā€™re all curious about that. I dunno though, they have been doing the same thing over and over format wise. Why fix what ainā€™t broke? shrug Weā€™ll see. Perhaps Epicā€™s antics donā€™t bother Steam at all really. No idea.

@coralinecastell Thanks for the kudos for Dentention. Think Iā€™ll really like it too. :slight_smile: Thereā€™s an Armed with Wings online, hopefully itā€™s an honest site, I donā€™t know anymore. It was fun to try out anywayā€¦ the art, oh the art. So yeah, the black and white love would definitely tempt me.

Like Gnuff said though, not excited and hope to mostly smile and nod at things, haha.

4 Likes

I will forever hope and dream to get the final season of the Walking Dead T_T

Such hopeless dreams, acorn. Sigh.

Edit: I hope thereā€™s something fun this year to earn badge/s though

2 Likes

didnā€™t they end up making a final season but under a different studio?

2 Likes

Yes, The Walking Dead: The Final Season was published by Skybound Games. That said, @AcornAvenger is lamenting the fact that the ā€œfinal season of the Walking Deadā€ is currently an Epic Games Store exclusive.

3 Likes

Ahhh ok, yah screw epic games 100%

3 Likes

Baba is You
Project Arrhythmia

These are my top priorities and I might pick them up whether they go on sale or not.

My secondary wishlist items are either Night in the Woods, Gris or Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove, depending on how much money I have left to spend.

I heard Monolith, Rain World and 7 Billion Humans are nice time wasters, but I donā€™t have plans on acquiring themā€¦yet(who knows)

Huge backlogs are an actual concern of mine too. I have a fairly long list of games I bought(from the last summer sale even). Iā€™ve been chipping away slowly through my library but new games just keep coming and I want to play them first lmao, and also college gets in the way so you canā€™t really binge a game 24/7.

5 Likes

Another Baba is You fan! Yay! I hope both of us get it.

As for NITW, itā€™s one of my all-time favorites! I hope you enjoy. :blush:

4 Likes

My mind is pretty much set. 80-90% off stuff on my wishlist I might consider. If I donā€™t buy, it will probably get removed from my wishlist. After that, I will just look at daily deals.

Like @Gnuffi, I am also not very excited about what they had done to the sale event this year. I am not dumping money in just to get Steam meta-progression, thatā€™s a certainty.

9 Likes

I like the addition of this:

Finally something that bloats the storefront but has some use! :+1:

Btw, @delenn13 should we merge this thread with this one?:

https://206.81.1.216/t/steam-summer-sale-2019-is-up/17450

3 Likes

OMG I love both :pig: and :turtle: WHAT NOW PEOPLE?? HOW CAN I MAKE SUCH A DIFFICULT CHOICE FOR A RIDICULOUS STEAM META GAME I WONā€™T EVEN PARTICIPATE IN??? HMMMMMMMMMM??

7 Likes

well i might not get Doom (2016) after all. wished it was 40%-50% off considering Doom Eternal is releasing this fall but its still 25% off. :frowning:

4 Likes

kinda disappointed the pig was redā€¦ i wanted the real pig color, i mean the others match, why pig has to be red? :thinking:
iā€™m highly prone to taking the pig, because, well, team red(again), and pig, duhā€¦
but the lazy part of me also canā€™t sorta help thinking about at least attempting to ā€œgameā€ the system, by holding out for last moment, and then just join the winning team for that splendid profile trophy badge (in case there even is such this time like last race couple of years ago)ā€¦
weā€™ll see, lots of stuff to sort through, and iā€™m already exhausted/sleepy as is, picking sides seem like such a heavy task atm, even despite the easily available bacon option :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Come to a PIG SIDEEEE!

4 Likes

itā€™s 75% off original msrp (about in line with the common Bethesda route), remember it has had 2 base price slashes, and when the (larger) publishers do that, usually ā€œfixedā€ discounts usually get lower too, so overall it matches with their ā€œlargeā€ discount of release price. Usually you have to look at 3rd party store for for better/ā€œbestā€ discounts on these sort of things, since the others often keep their usual steam discount %s during summer/winter sale the last couple of years
that said, 15bucks is totally not a bad thing for this game, even if not equal to a nice 50% discount for a round 10$

5 Likes

Me tooo T_T
I came to steam for fun. Not internal dilemmas T_T

5 Likes

well i guess Iā€™ll be getting another $20 steam wallet card tomorrow.

3 Likes

Update: I chose tortoise because look at that sweet car. Plus the mouth of the tortoise. I just canā€™t :sob:

Edit: I was up late completing a portfolio for varsity last night and was ready to sleep at 7pm but I will gladly give my salty tears of sleepiness to team tortoise

5 Likes

Me too omg :sob: :yellow_heart:

:turtle: TEAM TURTLE GO! :turtle:

proceeds to ignore the whole ordeal entirely and actually play games that are worth her timeā€¦

7 Likes

*cough check bottom row of quests for ā€œrecently played gamesā€ eligible for easy points/achievements as entry*cough :wink:
me, not that fortunateā€¦ damn downtime and idling, have 1 mill games ā€œrecentlyā€, and none with already completed progress :confounded:

6 Likes