Has Humble Decided to Abandon Us?

I think their definition of soon might be a little different from ours… :expressionless:

7 Likes

boycott humble
IGN does not desserve out money
gamers, rise up!

4 Likes

Not sure if they really honour it or not but for bundles you can always chose to not give humble bundle a share of the money spent.

5 Likes

So, don’t buy any bundles???

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

6 Likes

I’m sitting here trying to play Zelda Breath of the Wild so I quite enjoy less gaming bundles to distract me :smiley:

8 Likes

OOOOOOH that’s super cool! I wouldn’t complain about, say, a post of yours telling us more about that in the Recently Played Games thread… whistles non-suggestively

3 Likes

curious how things work out sometimes :man_shrugging:
:smile:
i think i’m with germ on this one, tho i like cheap games and good bundles, been sorta nice and chill to not just add to my collection stressing over games i wont get to play, and instead just play my current adventures without a second thought
(tho i’m still wanting some things in a bundle “soon”'ish being cheap bastard and all that) :blush:

:+1:
i often wonder if the people that pay overprice for bundles remember to change the sliders :thinking: (otherwise they are just tossing ton of extra free cash at a given publisher lol)
depending on the bundle, publisher, etc i often increase the charity and reduce the publisher cut, and maybe even put humbles down to 5%
i think given the content of a bundle, selected charity, publisher dealings etc, it can be important people keep these options in mind so their money end where they think it’s most worthy

8 Likes

Uh… gamers aren’t exactly the “rise up” type.

11 Likes

Be humble…

5 Likes

Can’t be humble without a bundle!

ArtisticAjarGeese-max-1mb

7 Likes

4 Likes

Just a thought. We might not have Chrono.gg if Humble hadn’t begun to deviate from their original strategy. The bundle and big-discount third-party game resellers that appeared in their wake couldn’t directly compete with Humble (and their unique charitable aspect) so they had to create their own identities. Groupees had a lot of small indie type bundles, Fanaticals had some varied content but were typically also bundlers, and Indiegala were the trading card bundlers. They eventually had to create storefronts similar to Steam’s to sustain themselves. Even Humble had to once they ran through the “gotta get it bundles”.

Here’s what Chrono.gg did different, though. They went a completely different route (using their personal industry knowledge & experience :star_struck:) and offer a deep discount on a single title for just 24 hours. No one else operates around that principal. Should it even work!? It’s nuts - they’re nuts! But it sure seems to be working. They’re able to offer some of the same titles as other resellers but by continuing to stick with the core service they aren’t running out of titles by putting everything on display at once. I haven’t even looked through Indiegala bundles since Steam worked on the “shovelware with cards” epidemic. I farmed those bundles just for fun at the cost of a few dollars.

In contrast, Chrono.gg gives you a reason to come back every day - even more so with the addition of the Coin Shop. I admire them for going a different direction that was potentially so risky it had been overlooked as unpossible until they did it. Something something blue ocean strategy? I think as long as Chrono.gg doesn’t try branching out significantly away from the daily deal concept, they’ll be here for years to come.

Keep dropping those deals every 24/7 365 @Chrono.gg. :sunglasses:

8 Likes

fail

Sorry, couldn’t resist

6 Likes

Very good well thought out point. And some closed. I recall downloading frantically all the games I had bought before they closed up shop at Indie Royale.

Chrono is unique…I hope it stays that way. Keep the comments in the forum about the game…NOT on the front page.

That IS/WAS the downfall of Giveaway of the Day. The comments became almost toxic and it became a shark infested,shallow gene pool that ate it’s young. Then they included bundle crapware such as Software Informer. then the icing on the cake…They installed Themida based protection, which was put in place to protect the game from unscrupulous community members that were hacking the giveaway wrapper which then gave them unlimited access to a registered copy of the game, which was being put on peer to peer sites. I don’t think i have gotten anything from them in over 2 or 3 years. And don’t even start on the Game Giveaway site that features My Play City crap.

7 Likes

I’m actually really thankful for the lull in “good” bundles - surprisingly catching up on my backlog, knocked out some big story-based titles, pushed my achievement average up from 29% → 32% with 33 Perfects now, was able to participate in the God-King event on League of Legends, started a new idler that a bunch of my friends have been suggesting I try (Realm Grinder, free and fun), watched all of season 2 of 13 Reasons Why (teen drama), s2 Luke Cage (action), and s1 Ozark (drug drama), s2 WestWorld (AI drama/action), and s1-3 Narcos (drug documentary). Plus been traveling a bunch this month, bouncing around midwest and now omw to Georgia for a vacation in Atlanta’s oldtown + art district.
:microphone: always look on the bright side

8 Likes

Sooo tomorrow at this time we are going to be enjoying our well deserved HmbleBindle.
Let’s get some hype going

5 Likes

I have hype that it won’t be what people expect.

4 Likes

I will then try to preventatively expect more gay erotica bundles, shovelware, card farm assetflips or potpourri collections and I’ll be REALLY surprised if there’s a bundle of good interesting well priced games. I’m not expecting that at all! No sir, not one bit!

6 Likes

IGN controls Humble bundle… Who’s ready for the Call of Duty 10/10 Bundle!!!

5 Likes

I just like seeing good game bundles, I may not get them, but I like to know that someone out there is having a blast with a good bundled deal. That’s one of the reasons I am upset that there has been such a gaping hole in recent times. The summer sale break is excusable, but let’s wait and see what happens.

I hope they come back full force with a good set, afterall, this month’s Humble Monthly games look very promising. I am very happy with A Hat in Time and Escapists 2. I am curious about the rest of them now.

5 Likes