Good, fun, cool, weird, silly, etc. game-related YouTube Videos you recommend

I want to watch this and like the concept, but my first experience of games I had a horrible person at my shoulder, constantly putting me down for “instinctively” knowing how to do things. Will save this for a later time…

3 Likes

Well he just gained a new sub just watched that video and a few others and really enjoyed them. his videos are really well done and fun to watch.

3 Likes

I didn’t know where to put this. Crazy news or game-related youtube? But I think nobody noticed that Battlefield 5 did a thing.

For context, it was semi-boycotted because gamers didn’t like social justice aspects being put into their WW2 game. EA employees responses were pretty toxic including the infamous, “If you don’t like it, don’t buy it.”

This is apparently the “apology.” Though I don’t agree since I’m pretty sure the same rude employees are still working at EA. But if you needed a reason to buy the game, might as well.

5 Likes

holy hell i forgot that game existed, then again seems to be the trend :sweat_smile:

8 Likes
4 Likes

Well-done video! Sadly I just didn’t have the patience/time to watch through the end.

From a personal – and, therefore, biased – POV I can say the bits I saw were overwhelmingly relatable, starting with his game choices. I can wholeheartedly understand where he’s coming from to choose the games he chose, but I also want to raise the point that all games chosen rely heavily on mechanical prowess. I’m not saying that’s a good or a bad thing, just saying it contributes to her difficulties playing.

It would have been interesting to see her play more story-heavy games. Gaming, after all, is not reduced – thankfully for biased me – to Mario, Dark Souls and [insert shooter game example].

As someone who’s been a “gamer” since she was 5 or so but never had a console – and therefore never played any Mario games, or Pokémon games, or Kingdom Hearts, or GTA, or Metroid or whatever – I can tell you that LOADS of games that may seem easy to you guys on a first glance were a MASSACRE of a learning experience for me.

I hate platformers to. this. day. because I don’t have the years upon years of PTSD upbringing related to bashing my plumber head into bricks for coins or whatever it is the bricks give you.

I remember feeling completely ostracized playing Mario Kart Whatever with my rich friends at their birthday parties because I had no idea how to >>hold the controller<< and they were laughing at me for not speeding up properly! Like LMAO kids are jerks.

Anyways, first world problems. :joy:

All this to say, and I’m really sorry to say, Crash Bandicoot and Spyro getting a reboot to me causes a grand total of 0 reactions. A Hat in Time felt kind boring to me because you’d honestly be surprised how much it relies on that “nostalgia magic” from all those other games. Of course not playing the other games doesn’t make you unable to enjoy AHT – it’s a darn good game – but it does remove some of its glow.

Anyways! Might crosspost this to “Unpopular Gaming Opinions” lmao

Have a nice weekend y’all :yellow_heart:

7 Likes

It’s been a while

4 Likes

Japan released a FF7 remake commercial. This is a partially translated version. If you wait a few more days it will definitely be fully translated…hopefully. But I got the basic idea from this partial version.

4 Likes

New Pokemon game Sword & Shield prevents players from catching them all!

6 Likes

A lot of beloved pokemon were cut. And Bulbasaur.

Wait… they cut FURRET??? now I am angry.

7 Likes

Hahaha! That’s hilarious!

Gotta catch 'em all some of them!

5 Likes

For those that wish to look at the list. White is cut, green is kept, dark green is new variant.

9 Likes

When the list gets so big that your system can’t handle and you have to make cuts, smh

But seriously, what’s the reason behind this?

5 Likes

Graphics update in the next game are supposedly going to require too much additional effort to update the sprites that the team wants to focus efforts elsewhere.

As an added note: the fact that they cut out all the gen 1 starters except Charmander is kinda stupid. And the evee evolutions make the cut but a huge number of bug types didn’t make the cut (I get it there are lots of bug types, but seriously?? Buterfree, ninjask, & Trapinch are the “keepers” from gens 1 & 2??)

Plus almost my ENTIRE Silver version team is now unallowed (Feralligator, Jumpluff, Sentret, & Crowbat are out) the only ones I can use is Umbreon & Tyranitar.

6 Likes

So it’s a rushed game, wowee, I didn’t expect that form Nintendo. It would be a cherry on the cake if they released the rest later as paid dlc. hahaha

What’s going on with gaming companies rn? Gee

5 Likes

I’m actually really surprised to see mew there over all the other legendaries. and yeah some of the choices seem arbitrary. I mean Jangmo-o line but not the gible line?

5 Likes

There are still too damn many Pokemon to catch 'em all, so as far as I’m concerned, they need to cut more.

6 Likes

Diablo 4 - Microtransactions Confirmed. Don’t get too excited from Blizzcon trailer!

Check comments for memes.

6 Likes

It was pretty obvious, Diablo 3 has microtransactions for the Chinese, many West people requested that too. Now they probably will include for D4 as well, if they’re going to add for the West is another question.

MTX is fine by me when there’s no gambling involved, you get what you purchase and done. You’re not forced to buy.

You can only get jelly

4 Likes

6 Likes