Gather Around....The New Future of Gaming.

When I seen the video I was highly skeptical myself. Testing on their internet is not fair as they have way faster connection then the average home. But since then I have read and watched many reviews and it seems all are happy with the service. I am no way thinking of trying it out since I am happy with my rig now. I was just very skeptical and wanted to learn more about others experiences with the service.

5 Likes

im want to leave this world

3 Likes

oh is it tomorrow??
im excited very much

2 Likes

here for the hype :sunglasses:

watched Silicon Valley this month. the Google teaser is so vague it reminds me of Hooli commercials

2 Likes

I messed up my message, Shadow Cloud Computing, that is what google will try to do. I think…

2 Likes

SO. It is, indeed, a streaming gaming platform…

3 Likes

Well guess we can hope this’ll be the failing money sink that finally breaks google.
Will they strive to finally answer the question, what IS cloud gaming?
Spoiler: it’s a failure.

4 Likes

Fixed it for you.

2 Likes

No they figured out the answer to that question a long time ago, it’s “because we can get away with not doing so”

2 Likes

I don’t see how this will be a failure, rly; i think consoles will be dead soon and this is the future, a fight between them, Amazon, and I guess Microsoft and Sony (though I think Sony will be forced to join forces in the end).

2 Likes

oh, this is definitely the future, regardless of whether we like it or not

2 Likes

This is like drooling over the next iteration of the supercar while your roads are all cracked, narrow, and full of potholes. You need to fix the roads first (start by getting rid of the billboards).

Also, i’m not onboard with more dependence on the internet.

4 Likes

all i’m saying is, this is from the same company that thought Glass was a great idea…

they probably envisioned this creation with the thought everyone has 500/500 5g internet -with 0 data caps in their plans
This is the same platform that had a fcn "we’re sry if you’re experiencing slow performance/buffering -please have a look at our YT chart about what time it’s optimal for you to watch videos/when we are least busy on avg"chart
i don’t buy they can maintain a lag free and latency experience rivaling that of a homebox, no fcn way, not for the next several years at least
either these testers have the most perfect connection ever, or Google is specifically throwing all the bandwidth at them and whatever individual server they got assigned to each tester to skew results, no fcn way.
They recommend 25mbs, like Netflix does? -despite the fact people with way higher connections still experience interrupts, lag, buffering, etc when far surpasses that.
as if ISP factors and location, distance doesn’t play in, but they expect people to be right next door directly hooked up straight into their servers. -or only has 10 customers so they’d never experience traffic that impacts a load.
I don’t think so…

But even if that is somehow miraculously fixed and guaranteed, it still doesn’t set aside my main issue with this whole thing
User control.
No fcn way am i gonna let someone else “dictate” what or how i should play like, what settings or backups i’m allowed. Or put my undying trust in their ability to troubleshoot or fix issues that might occur. -consoles has already proven fixed hardware specs is not enough for devs to not screw the pooch, where a config tweak might be just the right medicine to sort a game out, -or something a little “stronger” is needed…
also RiP mods ?

yea.,. sry, i could see this being great for people that don’t like to shell out for boxes (but somehow shell out for good internet), especially if a sub/rent etc could also make it cheaper for them to play games.
But because i’m selfish, and i don’t want “muh stuff” messed with, i hope to dear Nurgle this never catches on, or crashes and burns(as they fire up Anthem):rofl: harder than Google+ (or their other countless silly ventures) :triumph:
“leave my games alone!”

9 Likes

I think it doesn’t matter whether they thought it was a good idea or not, i think it’s cool they try to innovate in all kinds of fields and do things like their wireless internet coverage projects in deserts in Africa and so many other wacky/non-wacky ideas and whatnot

also, i’d assume that their main focus will be Western Europe and the US for the first 10-15 years with this shit regardless, and the US should be getting 5G in all major cities throughout this year and next year or so, with the network being expanded rapidly afterwards, so it could very well be that this shit will work a lot better than we might anticipate for a huge market very soon

so y, i can understand they get hate for a lot of the bad stuff, but they should be applauded for the good as well i feel

3 Likes

I heard some mention of possibility of exclusives for Google. Considering a certain game store… It’s a real possibility.

Sony has had their PSNow for a while. I tested it out because I had a free week for it. Had connection issues… on a minimum of 100Mbps internet. Though IIRC, the time I tried it was when I had an access point acting up at College, so there is a chance that was the issue.

One interesting thing I would be curious about is if they plan on having games that feature Denuvo on them. If so, how would that work? If games that have previously featured Denuvo don’t on the new services, I may be interested in playing them (Provided they aren’t giant “games as a service” time sinks).

1 Like

Wait. I guess I’m behind on the news. They’re installing 5G in major cities? I thought I read that it was unsafe for people to be in close proximity to those towers.

Edit.

OK. This is what I could find. It’s very recent but I’ve read about it last year. I thought I also read that the strength of the frequency is a little less than a similar weapon used by the U.S. military.

4 Likes

they simply wouldn’t?:thinking: Denuvo/drm is a “PC thing” :man_shrugging:
-this would effectively eliminate the need for drm, as everything would be handled server side(at google) and you’d have no files or data client side.

Another point some seem to be making with this is it would “finally” remove cheating in mp ?:face_with_raised_eyebrow:, again since everything was server side and you had nothing but a little controller input access client side.
(considering people have found ways to cheat in both playstation and xbox online mp server side, i’m guessing there are savvy people out there that’d figure away around this too on Stadia) :thinking:

3 Likes

topic “relevant”
https://206.81.1.216/t/funny-bonez-stuff/9375/36?u=gnuffi

:rofl:

1 Like

and this long thing I wrote

https://206.81.1.216/t/google-live-stream/16027/3?u=coralinecastell

But you guys seem to have covered those points really well already.

Have you considered trying to become a stand-up comedian?

4 Likes

Throw in some Seinfeld bass and their golden.

3 Likes