Friday: Le Mans Ultimate + Remnant 2

lol, no :joy:

surprisingly though, (to me at least), it didn’t do worse either. It still did better than Borderlands 3, which had the least unique viewers come in. Stream got cut short by a power shortage though. Hopefully that won’t happen too often. I did have more fun than I expected, I must admit, but it’s not my game regardless. (I also suck at it, lol.)

For the moment, I’m going to keep mixing it up and see if anything is particularly better than the rest at bringing random viewers in. And then perhaps I’m going to have to choose a game and stick with it for a while and see if something happens or not. Snowrunner might be a good candidate, though I think that’s a bit tough as there’s not really that much going on on screen most of the time.

I’m going to try Dark Souls Remastered today (still need to check how it runs and hopefully the stream quality will not be utter shite like with csgo). I think that might have potential as well. I’ve never played it and viewers enjoy seeing someone else suffer. I should be on earlier as well and for longer today, hopefully, and it’s the weekend, so maybe that’ll help a bit too.

3 Likes

I’m live now with Dark Souls Remastered. First time playing actually. If it gets some traction, I’ll keep playing it too.

3 Likes

Hi everyone, going live now with a continuation of the Dark Souls playthrough. I’m having fun with it.

@delenn13 and @carvalho20ptc (and anyone else who wants to), would it be possible to plug my channel in some online groups or so (only if you feel like it and would like to obviously) and ask people there to come by and give me a follow? I don’t really have an online presence whatsoever (except for here, lol), and the only requirement I’m missing to obtain Twitch affiliate status right now is 20 more followers. (My concurrent viewership average requirement is cutting it sharp but it’s still at the requirement, and obviously if I never get viewers then being an affiliate won’t do me much good either, but I’m doing what I can and that is all I can do, along with persevering and being patient.)

5 Likes

I don’t have the presence I used to. I have stopped a lot of activity because I just don’t have the time with the headaches etc. I only use fakebook for local news and for android streaming boxes etc. Even on Steam i am not as active except with certain groups and one of their first rules is NO spamming/advertising etc. I would suggestion talking to @PeteMcc and seeing if you or he could post anything over on Nexus. I only go over there to have problems fixed so I don’t think it would proper for me to do it. I COULD do it by making a status post on steam but with us not being friends on Steam, I don’t feel comfortable even doing that.

I, also, have a lot on my plate at the moment… :thinking:

4 Likes

ok, no worries. May God make things easy on you.

(edit: and honestly, in light of what you just explained in the other topic, thank you so much for even taking the time to answer my messages and for having taken the time to drop me a follow. I very much appreciate it. I can honestly say I most likely would not be able to do that if I were in your shoes right now, so I feel bad for wasting your time with such trivialities though I obviously didn’t know. Hopefully everything will turn out to be alright.)

4 Likes

going live :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I see you like from souls-like games. I suggest giving NIOH 1 or Arboria a try. These are really fun games with a loot system.

2 Likes

I like most types of games. At the moment, I’m just playing games I already happen to own and which have an established niche audience, hoping that perhaps some of that audience might filter down to me and stick. Nioh, for example, only has 24 viewers on twitch currently, while Dark Souls Remastered currently has 900, which is quite a huge difference.

Of course, it’s not just a thing of choosing the game which has the biggest audience; it’s a matter of also choosing a game which doesn’t literally have tens of thousands of live channels active, making it impossible for anyone to even see mine.

And I also have to consider that until I’m an affiliate, I can’t stream in 1080 p either (I’m getting better internet soon, hopefully, perhaps today), and so I also must choose something which still looks okay on 720p, especially with my current internet.

I do appreciate the feedback though.

3 Likes

I have not been watching streams much lately at all, got too much else going on at the moment that I’d rather be doing. Few hours I feel like putting into games I’d like to play them myself. So as much as I wish you success, I’m not really willing to help support it.

Though I would like to ask whether you’ve thought through the choice of using Twitch over youtube or one of the smaller upstart alternatives? I have not been paying a lot of attention to what’s really going on in the streaming space, but what little I have heard has not been positively slanted in favour of Twitch.

I figure putting the time into making any or either platform profitable might be worth taking into account what you’re getting into for the long haul.

Edit: Fully support the idea of Vtubing though. Even if it’s PNGtubing for now.

3 Likes

I’ve thought about it, but I only watch live stuff on Twitch myself as well and just want to keep things on Twitch. I do plan on having a youtube presence if twitch ever takes off with edited videos in the future, if I’m then able to hire an editor for that.

As for the vtubing, yeah, i’ve looked into it, but until and unless there’s a way to make it work without a camera I’m not going to do it. Sooner or later, there’s going to be a software malfunction and I’m going to end up with my face plastered over the screen, or worse, even my family members who happen to walk by or whatever, so I’m just going to be staying camera-less, for better or worse.

I know I’m just making it harder on myself, but hey, there’s a reason I prefer Dirt Rally, Snowrunner, and Dark Souls over Forza, Euro Truck, and Lego Batman XD. That last bit is a bit tongue in cheek obviously. I do love those games as well.

And here too, I really do appreciate the feedback, and you know I’ve always given weight to your opinions (even if we often disagree on things).

2 Likes

That’s not how it works, it’s not simply an overlay on a live camera feed. The most common solution is using cellphone which captures the video of you and runs a program that does all the necessary calculations to translate your movements into that of the model. The phone then creates the video stream of the model moving and sends that to the device you’re streaming from. There is at all times a hard disconnect between input and output video feeds.

The only thing you’d risk capturing about your surroundings is audio.

2 Likes

Maybe it no longer works like that, but I’ve literally seen it happen a few years ago. And there’s always the risk of hackers doing it too. In any case, I’m staying camera-less (for streaming) as there’s also always a risk of getting hacked or whatever.

I’m giving this a shot and giving it my all, but I’m obviously not going to do whatever it takes if it goes against what I’m willing to do or believe is the right or best thing to do. And if that’s what will end up keeping me back, so be it. I’ve been thinking about doing this for years and at the very least I’ll know I’ve tried and won’t be stuck with the feeling I should’ve tried but never did. If it fails, all I lost is a little bit of $ investment and a whole lot of time, but at the very least I was gaming a lot more than I usually can anyways so that’s a positive as well XD

2 Likes

Well I don’t know what sort of whack ass rig that dude used but there’s a reason no one else does it that way.

Now I’m not saying this to push you or say you have to start vtubing or anything. Just addressing the misconception. There are far better reasons to not get into Vtubing. For one you’re male so you have a far larger advantage in games streaming as is and a great disadvantage as a vtuber or hot tub streamer.
Then there’s the issue that Vtuber models are horrifically expensive and all the good artists and riggers are fully booked up for literally years. As an indie upstart you’d be better off learning to make one yourself, check out Dokugai Chinami for a brilliant example of what to do while waiting to get a model made.

4 Likes

My upload speed has been doubled. Sadly that’s the maximum I’ll be able to get here till they get fiber, which will be God knows when, but at least it should definitely help make the stream better

going live now

3 Likes

yo, very excited to announce that I’ll be streaming at a higher quality today (perhaps I’ll be live in 4-5 hours from now), and at 60 fps as well. I did some quick testing and it seemed to work fine. Only doing an actual longer stream will tell me whether it will be stable or not though, but hopefully it will. They should also further optimize my line within 3 days to get a little bit more out of it, so that should help too.

2 Likes

going live now:

2 Likes

published my first youtube vid, showcasing my epic skills XD

(reuploaded cuz changed title)

3 Likes

live with more dark souls, though sadly back to old internet speed (not sure what they’re doing at the company there; they’re saying they’ll fix it…)

2 Likes

ok, I’m actually currently fulfilling all requirements to become a Twitch affiliate :exploding_head: so hopefully it won’t be too long before they give me that option. It takes a day or two for their parameters to update and they also say that it can take up to 2 weeks before they activate it…

3 Likes

OMG

OMG

2 Likes