Fine Art from Creative Chronies!

The new thread for the creative and talented people is now up!

Go ahead and share your drawings, paintings, digital art, photographs, or anything else art related to others and talk about them. You can even ask for opinions or ways to improve if you want.

Progression and work in progress pictures are welcome as well. (i like to see those)

Also feel free to write a little story alongside your art if you feel like it, it would be a fun read i’m sure! :slight_smile:

20 Likes

I’ll start with a couple of my photos if y’all don’t mind. :relaxed:

25 Likes

I think you didn’t post the photo of the church reflected on water on C.GG yet. I may be wrong. Can you check and add? It’s my favorite of yours.

6 Likes

I did post that already, it was the first photo i posted here. :blush: Here it is!

6 Likes

Black and white’s my jam, so that photo is my favorite, but I really like the first one. It seems unreal to me, you know what I mean? It looks like it’s been rendered for a videogame or something, which is great by the way.

8 Likes

Thank you, i like black and white style as well, so i dug this up for you! :relaxed:
And i know what you mean, it took a good couple of tries until i got that shot but it was worth it. :slight_smile:

18 Likes

Good job @nick9x9
And that camera shot is soooooo good
I wish I had a good picture to post.

7 Likes

Most of my art time goes into making a webcomic (not sure if it’s alright to link it here), here’s a recent page:
http://www.smackjeeves.com/images/uploaded/comics/9/p/q/9pqzpr9x1fPtx.png

I also do pixel art:

31 Likes

This is some Superhero guy I made up. I can’t think of anything to do with him atm, but I like his design.

“Eye-Ris” is his name. Super creative, I know.

(are plugs okay? I have links to my twitter and deviantart in my bio in case anyone’s interested. don’t hurt me)

21 Likes

This thread warms my heart, thanks :smiley:

7 Likes

First of all, thank you for the thread @NICK9X9, simply amazing! I have to congratulate all of you guys for the good work that you made as well. Undoubtedly the third one. Yea, I love nature pictures :raising_hand_man:t5:

7 Likes

Here’s something from my old notebook.

23 Likes

Interesting style, I especially like this Batman portrait.

7 Likes

Thank you! :smiley:

6 Likes

Thank you, i appreciate it! :blush: @Nateninja21 @Silk

And @eishiya @Satanwee @WikiTora,those are some really nice artworks and art styles you got there, awesome production everybody, i love all of them, thank you for sharing them with us! :grinning:

7 Likes

what amounts to finger painting. One wound up being my Twitch banner

This photograph using some various gaming stuff…

Became a wallpaper for Twitch and a Facebook group.
The Dice usually wind up getting cut off but it still works.

17 Likes

I’ve always worked in cognitive-heavy fields, so my off-hours are spent with lots of physical or hands-on activities. Two of those are cooking and baking, love both. Last night I made a (loosely-based) Santa Rosa salad and while scooping out the avocado I noticed my cuts made the skins look like beetle shells, the outer chitin part that protects the fragile wings!

So I now call this dish Mohawk Beetle salad because this is how my brain works:

18 Likes

That’s a professional looking dish, really well made.
If you want, here’s some easy tricks about lighting in food photography.

This technique is best used during the morning hours, as it take advantage of natural sunlight.

Tape a tissue paper sheet to a well lit window. This will be your softbox.

Then, place your dish in front of the window. Position your camera having the light coming from the right side.

Now you’ll need to fill some of the shadows. You can use the lids from those disposable aluminium trays. This will be your reflective panel (some may call it frost).
To the left of your dish, out of frame, place as many lids as needed, with the aluminium side facing your dish, reflecting the sunlight.

Optional: by using a tripod and long exposures, you can move the lids to paint light on your dishes.

Be creative, have fun! :wink:

9 Likes

Such Creative Chronies…I love it.:hugs:

Last day for this…

https://206.81.1.216/t/calling-all-artists-get-twistedbrush/12675

5 Likes

Old joke now deleted for reasons.

14 Likes