Fine Art from Creative Chronies!

Thank you! :smiley:

6 Likes

Thank you, i appreciate it! :blush: @Nateninja21 @Silk

And @eishiya @Satanwee @WikiTora,those are some really nice artworks and art styles you got there, awesome production everybody, i love all of them, thank you for sharing them with us! :grinning:

7 Likes

what amounts to finger painting. One wound up being my Twitch banner

This photograph using some various gaming stuff…

Became a wallpaper for Twitch and a Facebook group.
The Dice usually wind up getting cut off but it still works.

17 Likes

I’ve always worked in cognitive-heavy fields, so my off-hours are spent with lots of physical or hands-on activities. Two of those are cooking and baking, love both. Last night I made a (loosely-based) Santa Rosa salad and while scooping out the avocado I noticed my cuts made the skins look like beetle shells, the outer chitin part that protects the fragile wings!

So I now call this dish Mohawk Beetle salad because this is how my brain works:

18 Likes

That’s a professional looking dish, really well made.
If you want, here’s some easy tricks about lighting in food photography.

This technique is best used during the morning hours, as it take advantage of natural sunlight.

Tape a tissue paper sheet to a well lit window. This will be your softbox.

Then, place your dish in front of the window. Position your camera having the light coming from the right side.

Now you’ll need to fill some of the shadows. You can use the lids from those disposable aluminium trays. This will be your reflective panel (some may call it frost).
To the left of your dish, out of frame, place as many lids as needed, with the aluminium side facing your dish, reflecting the sunlight.

Optional: by using a tripod and long exposures, you can move the lids to paint light on your dishes.

Be creative, have fun! :wink:

9 Likes

Such Creative Chronies…I love it.:hugs:

Last day for this…

https://206.81.1.216/t/calling-all-artists-get-twistedbrush/12675

5 Likes

Old joke now deleted for reasons.

14 Likes

Thanks, @Fraggles. :+1:t2:You reminded me of something we used to do in a graphics forum I was once a member.(I was terrible…I just played and made ugly stuff.). Thread to follow when I get some time…LOL

5 Likes

Yep…

9 Likes

I made some things in Tearaway; do they count?

9 Likes

7 Likes

This is something I am really sorry to hear.

7 Likes

Yes.

I cried a little.

Second museum on fire in two years. Last time it was a really big one in my city, São Paulo.

Plus my favorite museum was shut down for “maintenance” and hasn’t opened in what… 5 years? No ETA, and the paintings are starting to get moldy and stuff… Originals.

The list goes on…

7 Likes

This is so sad…All those artifacts…Just Gone!:sob:

7 Likes

So I am just trying something out and creating an image I thought would be interesting but I know I am no good at art. This is the preliminary stuff based on some images I found and tried to replicate (hands need to move obviously and the other stuff filled in and put in place), but I am a little lost on shading and how to make it look more lively. Suggestions from the more experienced?

11 Likes

I see a stark contrast between the hands and the controller, which I like. Did you planned the effect? You can go even more overboard by using a photo for the controller.
Some fingers are a bit off, out of place. Try drawing the whole finger, behind the controller.
Pink skin is a bit bland, I would add some fur and different colors, those can be the hands of Fox and friends :wink:

2 Likes

So I was thinking to add this to a shirt comp thing for fun (not expecting much from it) so no pictures are allowed. I was trying for the contrast, as much as the controller is a part of the image the hands are important. I know the fingers are out of place right now but that it to be fixed later (i am using gimp so they are on different layers, I can move them as I wish). As for fur and things I would have no idea where to begin on drawing that in and making it look good.

2 Likes

You can work on the outlines and then add some hint of fur on the actual hand. Doesn’t need to be realistic.

Here’s a nice starting point.

2 Likes

I’ve opened the Pandora’s box…
Here’s some pictures from my archive.

img_01

img_03

img_02

14 Likes
My master edit

isaac

Original

246x0w