[FIXED] Epic Games Store is REMOVING the games billing information on timely basis

How about an example of how devaluing your product can be an issue from this very forum. Someone here didn’t want to buy Shovel Knight treasure trove because it wasn’t at the “lowest discount” recorded on ITAD. But the ITAD record was during it’s early access period several years ago and it’s now not only a complete game but with a whole helping of extras.

The point is that people will go look at price history of games and Epic just wrote an entry into everyone’s history with this, without asking.

8 Likes

indeed, for people actively using price aggregate sites it’s even worse when this stuff happens.
Shovel knight is a good example of that penny pinching/ITAD mentality some/i can have. I’m one of those that kept not buying shovel knight at any of its recent sales because i kept waiting for it to get down to around 10bucks and thought 18 was “too much”(not just because of ITAD tho) -completely disregarding that when it was 10$ or so that was during the ea phase

7 Likes

Hold on isnt the $10 from Epic a one time use thing? Thats more so what I am talking about. Like Ebay where you can only use it once but the stores raise their price effectively allowing them to double dip. They get paid by Ebay for the cut plus get their normal price.

Blah you have at least got me on the fence about this issue though, not really sure how I feel about it now lol. Problem with ITAD is there are so many wrong discounts, price errors, EA type things and thats why I heavily look into the sales records before deciding on a final price that seems fair to buy. Historical lows don’t always work right but many do shop that way.

3 Likes

it’s a 1 time thin in the sense that it only applies “now”/during this sale, epic has said nothing about doing this again for another sale
but, it’s a storewide discount, on all games/regardless of how many you purchase -only qualifier being the price must be 14.99 or above for the game, doesn’t matter if it’s already 75% discount, if it’s above it gets an extra 10bucks from epic regardless
and it lasts until june 13th, so that’s what, like 4 weeks or something,
-and on ITAD the price was ofc demolished because of it

6 Likes

hmm see I did not know that, I thought you could only buy 1 game with it which limits how many games are being sold at a discount.

That is another reason ITAD shouldn’t be the only resource used for valuing a game, a 2 minute price error can do the same thing on that site. Anyway thanks for the info and somewhat changing my mind on this issue lol, I will leave you alone now :smile:

6 Likes

the only practical limitation is that you can only do it once “per game”, since you can’t activate more than 1 of the same game on your account ofc (i’d think),
and since epic can’t gift games yet it also doesn’t really matter much there, tho i think they did bother to mention it was non transferable anyways :smile:

4 Likes

It could be the drop down box doesn’t have an option to show past purchases, but there are still logged in the database. shrug

I installed the launcher just to see and everything previously purchased in still listed in my account. Well, right now more curious to see what GOG Galaxy 2 will be like.

4 Likes

Me either. And I have the memory of a sieve now a days :exploding_head:

3 Likes

if they really use this as an excuses… why should we use space on our computer to install their client ? :stuck_out_tongue: I don’t have it installed since I still don’t trust them (and I just love to hunt achievements on only one system).

5 Likes

FYI, i’ve contacted them and was able to get my full payment history going back to 2015.

it help to research and ask before accusing

how it went,

1. i sent the message questing my purchase history
  2. they ask me for more information to make sure i actually own the account.
  3. they send me a email confirmation link to confirm the email.
  4. they sent me my purchase history.

those message were sent and received in a 2 hours range.

support is a 10/10 for me … way better than steam.

XXXXXXXXXX was removed by me (it's order id + price)

Thank you for verifying your email!

Here’s all of your payment history:

RiME
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX 05/23/2019 07:49:19 PM

Detroit: Become Human Pre-Purchase
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX 05/23/2019 12:31:39 AM

Satisfactory Early Access
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX 05/18/2019 05:27:34 PM

Stories Untold
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX 05/18/2019 03:14:54 AM

Over 9000 Swords
Weapon Component
Multistory Dungeons
Fabric Materials - 56 Pack
Rolls and Dodges Animation Set
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX 03/12/2019 07:18:20 PM

Slime Rancher
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX 03/12/2019 07:17:09 PM

Axiom Verge
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX 02/07/2019 08:14:06 PM

Platformer Kit 2D
Scifi Kitbash Level Builder
Hand Painted Textures Starter Kit
Luos’s Particle Toolkit Vol. 1
CCG Toolkit
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX 02/04/2019 02:36:13 PM

interactive Open World Foliage
Autumn Audio Bundle
Automotive Materials
Small Animal Behavior Pack: Rabbit, Squirrel, Rat
2D Graveyard Pack Handcrafted Art
Stylized Desert Environment
SDF Robo Progress Bars
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX 01/31/2019 01:38:54 PM

Paragon: Shinbi
Paragon: Twinblast
Soul: City
Paragon: Muriel
Paragon: Agora and Monolith Environment
Paragon: GRIM.exe
Paragon: Grux
Paragon: Countess
Paragon: Howitzer
Paragon: Rampage
Paragon: Kwang
Paragon: Serath
Paragon: Riktor
Paragon: Male Announcer
Paragon: Feng Mao
Paragon: Gadget
Paragon: Crunch
Soul: Cave
Paragon: Dekker
Paragon: Phase
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX 01/31/2019 01:35:48 PM

Paragon: Iggy & Scorch
Paragon: Lt. Belica
Paragon: Wraith
Paragon: Wukong
Paragon: Morigesh
Paragon: Zinx
Paragon: Gideon
Paragon: Boris
Action RPG
Paragon: Steel
Paragon: Aurora
Paragon: Kallari
Paragon: Drongo
Paragon: Revenant
Paragon: The Fey
Paragon: Greystone
Paragon: Sparrow
Paragon: Yin
Paragon: Narbash
Paragon: Terra
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX 01/31/2019 01:34:52 PM

The Ace Pack
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX 08/29/2018 02:36:57 AM

Fortnite Battle Royale - Wingman Starter Pack
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX9 08/27/2018 02:38:54 AM

Deluxe Edition
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX 10/22/2017 03:33:19 AM

UE4 Mannequin: Mobile
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX 02/27/2016 05:12:41 AM

Unreal Tournament
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX 09/11/2015 02:13:35 AM

Mixamo Animation Pack
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX 09/11/2015 02:12:57 AM

Infinity Blade: Effects
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX 09/11/2015 02:12:37 AM

Infinity Blade: Sounds
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX $0.00 09/11/2015 02:11:37 AM

Infinity Blade: Ice Lands
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX 09/11/2015 02:11:17 AM

Lightroom: Interior Day Light
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX 09/11/2015 02:11:05 AM

Xoio Berlin Flat
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX 09/11/2015 02:10:58 AM

Infinity Blade: Adversaries
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX 09/11/2015 02:10:52 AM

Animation Starter Pack
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX 09/11/2015 02:10:29 AM

Infinity Blade: Weapons
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX 09/11/2015 02:09:33 AM

Infinity Blade: Warriors
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX 09/11/2015 12:24:13 AM

Infinity Blade: Grass Lands
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX 09/11/2015 12:24:01 AM

Infinity Blade: Fire Lands
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX 09/11/2015 12:23:41 AM

Please let me know if you have any questions or other problems that I could assist you with, I remain at your disposal.

Kind regards,

6 Likes

That’s not something you should have to do though, the “accusation” is still accurate, they’ve removed your history from your own access. There’s no reason why you should have to ask them to give it to you when it can just simply be displayed to start with.

How is that better than steam where you can just go and look it up yourself at any time?

5 Likes

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

i’m currently talking with the support to figure out what is the actually issue, you know … looking into the problem before throwing fake news to scare people

3 Likes

What exactly is fake here?
Information was removed from everyone’s account info. That happened. It’s not even an accusation, it’s a statement of fact.

What are you throwing random buzzwords at us for?

4 Likes

as i mention earlier, no data is removed, there’s an issue with the complementary feature that display your passed order, but it’s nothing more than complementary, they are force to give you the data if you ask them, the way they setup their ui is their problem (even if it’s sloppy there’s nothing wrong)

3 Likes

Billing history is not “complimentary” it’s a vital and basic feature of any reasonable digital store.

5 Likes

vital and basic is being able to transfer the data on request like i did.

complementary is showing it on the account like they tried and failed.

2 Likes

Without evidence of having claimed the freebies, no one could prove they got them should Epic “accidentally” remove them from their libraries as well. Any support would ask you to show that evidence to back your claim, but if it doesn’t show for you, you can’t provide it.

Convenient mistake? No, just another corrupt move in a long list of them.

6 Likes

Well we have a basic and fundamental disagreement then. I’m sorry your standards are so low that you think this treatment is something that is acceptable. I do not.

4 Likes

my standard are set at the law. nothing less,

but i guess it’s easier to hate than actually trying eh @Rhyagelle

2 Likes

We already knew you could Request your own information, but I don’t see how this changes anything. Sure, let’s beat this SUPER smart concept while we are at it.

Great! Now it will be probably harder to send it to the wrong person at least (I guess).

11/10 even when it’s not automated function! Why the hell support person needs to do that in the first place?! 2 hours, well… 2 hours in your case. What will happen in peak hours where plenty of people need help from support or that exact same thing? They will hire more support people I guess :smiley:. At least more job openings is a good thing. Until they make it automated they might as well make sure they have 1 support employee for every 100 customer accounts :rofl:

Again… 2 hours?! Let’s for the sake of it say that the customer support person didn’t had much tickets to respond to… I might as well say he was typing your info manually and at that point I won’t be surprised at all :rofl:. Epic story right there.

If it was something like pressing a simple button in their payment history page (which is totally moot now - CLEARLY) and confirming your mail address + receiving the simple thing in the span of 1 minute I would have been fine with it.

There’s nothing to look at - I thought that’s the whole issue here :smiley:. Clearly there’s nothing to see on their client, platform or whatever in therms for simple billing information. They as well might better remove that page - clearly no point being there?!
How is this ok in almost 2020 and what’s fake news about that? I posted it, because it baffles my mind how simple and idiotic their practice is. They for sure look like they are inventing the customer basic information system either from scratch or on a whole new backwards level. Those things exist from decades on decades… They might as well try to do their own internet… why bother with the one we have now?!

No wonder everybody except you is impressed how insolent they are in everything they try (yeah … couldn’t use better word than try in this case) to do.

^ Can’t get clearer than that. Amen :smiley:

3 Likes