Back to Today's Deal

Duck Tales is being Removed From Steam

Maybe it goes the way of Castle of Illusion and comes back after a while.

Im pretty sure its because their contract is over. I know they’ve done games with EA so I wonder if theyre going to maybe keep going in that route. … EA has their own platform right?

I think I hear that rumor as well. I’m sure it’ll be back at some point in some form. I hope it’s not a Scott Pilgrim game situation.

Hey guys, maybe they’ll just remake DuckTales and the other games shot-for-shot, but in live action, with real ducks.

Well that sucks. It’s a real shame that companies are able to just nuke digital copies of a game from existence, especially if that game was a digital exclusive. Luckily, Ducktales does have physical releases, so it won’t quite go the way of Scott Pilgrim or P.T.

Well better now then never. I picked it up and have been playing it a bit and it is pretty good

Is it a difficult platformer though?

They’re not removing the game from people’s accounts, just stopping sales of the game. While that’s not a great thing physical games tended to stop being available in stores quite a lot quicker, only for different reasons.

Yah its really hard and when you lose all your lives you have to restart the game

Ouch! I think Commander Keen on DOS might have been like that… don’t remember for sure though. That’s harsh.

lol, what r u talking about, @Danacscott that’s not true, my kids played through that whole game, and that includes a 5-year-old

it’s not hard at all, nor do u have to restart the whole game, just the level

Yeah it’s not a hard game, the old NES game can be slightly more difficult though.

oh maybe im wrong then lol

could be yr talking about another ducktales game, i think there’s another one in some sort of classics collection or something like that, also on steam, more old school type thing

Idk i just bought the one that was like 75% off and i found it kind of hard (i am kind of shit at platformers tho) and i haven’t finished the first level but i thought i heard somewhere that you have to restart the game if you lose all your lives. i might be wrong tho.

im pretty sure u dont cuz like i said my kids managed to finish that game without ever having to restart and they’re pretty young age, lol

Happy Birthday @delenn13! :tada:

I hope it is as incredible as yourself :gift:

Eat lots of cake xx

Yea it was yesterday. Thanks for the best wishes…

We had a nice picnic lunch on The Grand River and then had dinner at a dock/restaurant off Lake Erie. Very pleasant and beautiful day :heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation:

Happy birthday ,dear ! @delenn13